Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Contest- Who has the crappiest intake tube? Winner has to buy Cliff a beer!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Contest- Who has the crappiest intake tube? Winner has to buy Cliff a beer! by cam-a-lot
Started on: 05-17-2015 07:04 AM
Replies: 20 (1027 views)
Last post by: Steel on 05-30-2015 07:49 AM
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2015 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am pretty sure I will win this competition. My swap was done by a local gentleman who has done more then 50 3800 swaps in Fieros.. I decided to check on my air filter yesterday. The Intake tube literally fell apart in my hands.. It uses half of a rubber tube for the LQ4 MAF, and half of the original Fiero intake tube. Held together by....??????? Guess boys and girls???? Electrical tape! Darth Fiero was kind enough to PM me to remind me that the fuel line should NOT be running right next to the EGR, since it is a fire hazard... Moving that line will be my next project. Back to the competition. I am pretty sure I will win, buy you just never know. Pictures must be submitted! Post your pics and help PFF! Let's have some fun, laugh at ourselves, and raise money for PFF. Winner of the crappiest intake contest to donate minimum $25 to Cliff.
(If anyone has a pre-made intake tube that fits this MAF and exits to the fender well for a K&N filter that they wish to sell, please PM me.)

Here is how the tube looked when I removed it. Notice the nice gap where unfiltered air can enter?

The original Fiero tube doesn't fit into the large rubber tube for the MAF?? No problem- just fold it and shove it in there, then use electrical tape to hide the mess!!!

It gets cold here in Canada...burrrr.. Your poor fuel sits out there in the tank all night, shivering. Since we are so nice over here, we like to warm up the gasoline as much as possible, running it next to the EGR for extra effect. Isn't that a friendly thing to do?

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 05-17-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2015 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nobody has a crappier intake than mine? Come on... There must be one out there. Nothing made out of cardboard? Full of mouse droppings?? Using a clothing dryer vent tube??? Come on my fellow rednecks. Step up!

Pictures please!
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2015 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's something wrong with dryer duct???
(Had to extend the '86 tube to reach the '87 swapped engine air cleaner intake.)

That was temporary until I made a visit to Glendale Auto Parts in St. Catharines:
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2015 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice try Dave, but that is not crappier than mine. It looks like aluminum duct, so it is still far more logical to use than hackjob electrical tape.

Anyone else?? Come on.... there must be SOMEONE out there even more of a hack. Did you use an old pair of socks?? A used condom?
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about no intake and just a sponge shoved in the hole would that take the cake? Hahaha jk

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Nice try Dave, but that is not crappier than mine. It looks like aluminum duct, so it is still far more logical to use than hackjob electrical tape.

Anyone else?? Come on.... there must be SOMEONE out there even more of a hack. Did you use an old pair of socks?? A used condom?

Lunatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My swap was done by a local gentleman who has done more then 50 3800 swaps in Fieros..

1st, It seems like your 3800 was the "first" of the "more then 50 3800 swaps". Perhaps they got better with time? Lol.
2nd, I like the word "gentleman" in the sentence. Bet that was difficult to say.

It's still early but so far you're the winner. You owe Cliff a beer.

no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nobody has a crappier intake than mine?

It's one of the few nice parts of my car. Powder coated the air filter box, & have the stock tube.

When we're judging paint jobs or exhaust, I'll be buying the beer.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on people- step up!

We have all seen some horrendously butchered cars here..My intake can't be the worst- can it?? You should have seen my coolant hose routing. Apparently it is not good for coolant hoses to rub up against belts- who would have known??

Can anyone beat me, or am I on the hook to buy Cliff a beer??

Lunatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, here's a nice example of redneckery.

[This message has been edited by Lunatic (edited 05-18-2015).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lunatic:

That's pretty good.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So far there's only one single American who's posted about his Fiero in this thread, and he's bragging about how nice his setup is.

Originally posted by no2pencil:

It's one of the few nice parts of my car. Powder coated the air filter box, & have the stock tube.

I find it difficult to believe that it's only Canadians who've had a "mickey mouse" repair done to their car.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-18-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, any improvements/changes I've made are supposed to look nice. I'm not into jerry-rigging. If I still had my SE, I could post an odd intake with a hole in the back covered with duct tape. Oh, wait. I can't post images.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I find it difficult to believe that it's only Canadians who've had a "mickey mouse" repair done to their car.

Just think Red Green...... :

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 05-18-2015).]

Gtdhw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GtdhwSend a Private Message to GtdhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine's crappy. Hell, it doesn't even look anything like the tube that's supposed to there....

Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2015 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to find pics of my car when i got it. The guy who built it talked about how fast it was, yet it wouldn't start. The alternator wasn't connected. The clutch was stock 2.8 parts, with whims between the engine and bell housing to make it work. Motor mounts were toast. Dogbone was booger welded junk. Trunk was cut out and not replaced. Mufflers blown out. Fuel lines hose clamped. Exhaust routed around in front of the intake to clear the shift cables. No air filter possible. Ecm power fuse and switch mounted to console. No gages worked.

Pictures https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-2-116048.html

[This message has been edited by Tuna Helper (edited 05-21-2015).]

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tuna Helper

Though I have to admit that your original swap and mine DO look like they were done by the same guy.. but the thread is about having the crappiest intake tube. Since yours didn't even have one, you are disqualified from the competition! I will give it another couple of days before I declare victory and buy Cliff a beer. No one else is stepping up?
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tuna Helper your car sounds like the crap car I bought from Bubbajoexx
No motor mounts
Broken starter mount holes
Dead mice in exhaust. ...2 to be exact
Lets not even talk about hack job on welds.and brake set up
Every time.I see.a.green car I get the shakes. .... RIP.Shrek

[This message has been edited by Quad GT (edited 05-22-2015).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lunatic:

4.0L Jeep?

no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More like a four point woah...
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am the champion... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

Donation has been made to PFF this morning in light of this towering achievement. While there are some crappy intakes submitted (I like the one on the Jeep the most), it does not qualify since it is not on a Fiero.

Feels great to be a winner..
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep yours was definitely the crappiest in this thread (Fiero wise).
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock