Started on: 05-15-2015 06:43 PM
Replies: 10 (355 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 05-18-2015 06:54 PM
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2015 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This might be a repeat subject but its the first I've seen it. Some real nice Fieros shown also.

http://www.carbuzz.com/news...ntiac-Fiero-7712210/

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2015 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the opening line!

~ Jen
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not bad. And one of the few articles I've seen that actually mentioned the connecting rod issue.

What people don't think about, is that the Duke (along with its rickety rods) was also used in other cars. I have to assume that at least some of those engines air-mailed the rods through the side of the block, too. The "fatal" difference is that the Fiero had a catalytic converter right there - waiting for the shower of oil and anti-freeze. Celebrities and 6000s had their catalytic converters a couple of feet downstream, where they were largely shielded from the oil bath.
bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 84 is still running the original Iron Duke. I'm still waiting for it to catch fire after 31 years.

------------------

84 Show winner
88 LT1

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well informed article, thanks for posting.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonzo:

My 84 is still running the original Iron Duke. I'm still waiting for it to catch fire after 31 years.

Don't forget the stick and marshmallows.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2015 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Image from the article:

Never saw this picture before! Wow, anyone know which red this is? Is it the factory burgundy red?

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Not bad. And one of the few articles I've seen that actually mentioned the connecting rod issue.

Agreed. I posted a comment.

Tony

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Mike Parker`s old car "Darkwing" was pictured in the article.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

Wow, anyone know which red this is? Is it the factory burgundy red?

Doesnt look like it to me, but could be weird lighting.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:
Never saw this picture before! Wow, anyone know which red this is? Is it the factory burgundy red?

That's the factory "mediium red metallic". It looks a bit brighter due to the direct sunlight, but yeah.
Probably my favorite Fiero color.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock