3800 Sc to 88 cradle by FieroFastBackL67
Started on: 05-15-2015 01:40 PM
Replies: 9 (398 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 05-16-2015 10:17 PM
FieroFastBackL67

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2015 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there anywhere I could buy a motor mount swap kit for 3800 Sc to 88 fiero cradle? I have everything needed to get started such as the 88 cradle, 5spd Getrag, L67 ect.. This would sure speed things up and avoid changing things later. I would like to just get it right the first time and have the motor and tranny sitting perfectly. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in Advance.

[This message has been edited by FieroFastBackL67 (edited 05-16-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2015 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mount the tranny on stock mounts.
Attach the engine.
Level the unit and set square to cradle.
Fabricate two engine mounts, one to front cradle cross member, the other to the rear corner of cradle.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2015 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFastBackL67:

Is there anywhere I could buy a motor mount swap kit for 3800 Sc to 88 fiero cradle? I have everything needed to get started such as the 88 cradle, 5spd Getrag, L67 act.. This would sure speed things up and avoid changing things later. I would like to just get it right the first time and have the motor and tranny sitting perfectly. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in Advance.

Fierorog on this forum for engine bracket.
Rodney Dickman for poly replacements mounts. Stock Fiero rubber mounts are not recommended.
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2015 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you guys I'll see what I can do with this info.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2015 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As nosrac stated, don't use the stock mounts, they are only good for mock-up. All mounts should be poly.
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Polyurethane is the way to go. I'll be put that on everything.

Originally posted by olejoedad:

As nosrac stated, don't use the stock mounts, they are only good for mock-up. All mounts should be poly.

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am producing brand-x mounts...should be available in about 2 weeks.
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does your poly mount bolt up with Fierorog 3800 SC engine bracket for the 88 cradle?

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

I am producing brand-x mounts...should be available in about 2 weeks.

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All my mounts are poly and are a different design from Fierorog's. The Brand-X mounts are a proven set of mounts that have been around for years and have been installed time and time again. I bought the business, original prototypes, fabrication jigs, etc. from FieroX (Ryan).

I can't say my mounts work with Fierorog's mounts because I don't know anyone who has mixed the two sets together.

I'd be happy to provide you with my full set of mounts when they are ready but if you choose to go with Fierorog it is your decision.

Either way, wish you good luck on your build and I can't wait to see another 3800 on the road.

Originally posted by FieroFastBackL67:

Does your poly mount bolt up with Fierorog 3800 SC engine bracket for the 88 cradle?

FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your mounts are with the bracket and the poly together? PM me the prices and what I need thanks.

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

All my mounts are poly and are a different design from Fierorog's. The Brand-X mounts are a proven set of mounts that have been around for years and have been installed time and time again. I bought the business, original prototypes, fabrication jigs, etc. from FieroX (Ryan).

I can't say my mounts work with Fierorog's mounts because I don't know anyone who has mixed the two sets together.

I'd be happy to provide you with my full set of mounts when they are ready but if you choose to go with Fierorog it is your decision.

Either way, wish you good luck on your build and I can't wait to see another 3800 on the road.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock