Gt One piece tail Light Panel by Randy F
Started on: 05-08-2015 09:48 PM
Replies: 16 (1040 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 10-15-2015 11:13 PM
Randy F

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Randy FSend a Private Message to Randy FEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any one know who is making and selling the 1 piece Tail lite panel for 86 Fiero GT for the 4in. rounf Lens
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At this point, no one is making them anymore. Pisa makes the 2 piece panels.
Randy F

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Randy FSend a Private Message to Randy FEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you my understanding from what I have seen posted PISA quality is not very good alot of work getting them to fit
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Email Doug at Fierowarehouse.... dmkfiero@ovis.net

We have the mold from Twin Lakes Fieros that produces the taillight panel for the 4" round Vette lights. It is not listed on the web page. That page hasn't been updated for several years.

Keep in mind it is JUST the panel. You have to devise your own attachment method, which many customers in the past have done with no problem.

Also, Ken Hines was making this same panel, not sure what happened with him, if he's still doing them or not. His did have tabs that let you easily put the panel in place of the stock lenses using the factory housings.

Randy F

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Randy FSend a Private Message to Randy FEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank You just sent an email to him Have sent Ken a couple emails but no responce again thanks for all your help
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doug is usually quite busy. This is not his "day" job.
If you don't get a quick response, it doesn't mean he is ignoring your email. He probably hasn't seen it.
He is a great guy to do business with, once you have his attention.
Randy F

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Randy FSend a Private Message to Randy FEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does any one know if on the stock tail light assembly if the lens detaches from the assembly if so then the new panel can be attached to it correct?
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

Email Doug at Fierowarehouse.... dmkfiero@ovis.net

We have the mold from Twin Lakes Fieros that produces the taillight panel for the 4" round Vette lights. It is not listed on the web page. That page hasn't been updated for several years.

Keep in mind it is JUST the panel. You have to devise your own attachment method, which many customers in the past have done with no problem.

Tell Doug to hurry up and list it, dammit, so I can start the referrals

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 05-09-2015).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Sage! What would it take for you guys to update your/his site? Eventually, I plan on buying some parts from you guys. I'd hate to plan for Part X just to find that you are no longer making it or the price has doubled. Same with "hidden" parts. There are parts that I might not even know I want until I see them or, like this, a part that I'd like but figure I can't get so I cross it off my list.
Randy F

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Randy FSend a Private Message to Randy FEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Sage I did send Doug a few emails over the last month with out responce Im wanting the Tail lite panel,355 nose and the Rear lip spoiler so if you talk with him please let him know
Thanks
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To try and answer a few questions:

Randy F-The factory lens on the taillight assemblies can be separated, but I really don't know all that would be involved in replacing it with the new one piece panel. Main point in answer to your question is yes, the lens is a separate piece.

Adam-Yea, the page should have already been updated, the reasons it hasn't been are multiple and probably beyond my capacity to explain. Time constraints figure in, computer skills (or lack of) figure in, lack of return figures in, etc., etc.. I know it's frustrating for those looking for parts and actively working on their cars, but anybody that's ever made parts by hand, or offered services just for Fiero's, knows it's not going to pay your bills, therefore must be put on a back burner more often than not. Doug literally stays busy 24/7, but not with Fiero related activites. There was a time when it occupied a good portion of his time, but life goes on, and things change. There may be a time in the future when it moves up again in priority, but unfortunately, it's not now.

Allot of it falls on me, as I make the fiberglass parts. I'm not as young as I used to be, and things have changed for me as well. I have other things that demand my time and make it impossible to get parts out in a timely fasion. We state on the web page that it may be 6-8 weeks between the time your order is placed and the time it gets filled. There was a reason for that. I wish it wasn't that way, but it's gotten more so in recent days, and I really don't see it changing much anytime soon. There is not near enough money brought in from sales, even if they could be filled as quick as they once were to warrant hiring somebody to help with the process. I have tried in the past, and to be honest, I really haven't found anybody who is willing to put in the time, sweat and amount of work required to make this stuff in exchange for what it brings in from sales. Doesn't sound right when you look at the prices, right? Don't forget to figure in expenses for materials, supplies to utilize those materials, a place to do the work, the utilites to operate that place, oh yea, and labor and know how to actually produce the parts, not to mention the care and maintenance of the molds and a place to store them. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point.

Dave-What would it take? Not sure I can tell you. Allot of things would have to "fall into place" to go at this gung-ho again like it could be a mainline business, cause truth be told, it just isn't. It's a side line, and can never really be anything else if restricted to just Fiero parts, and to expand into other cars, areas would take so much investment of time and money, unless I won the lottery, I couldn't even think about it, and then I probably would try to find somebody to turn it over to.

So essentially what to take away from this post, is if you want something that we have, or you want to know IF we have something, drop me or Doug a note. If you know you want to order something, understand that it's gonna take a while, and order it enough in advance of when you want/need it to allow for the things I've mentioned plus maybe a few "glitches" that I haven't.....things happen ya know?

So...hope I have answered a few things, and haven't turned anybody off to our operation. If it were possible, I'd have at least one of everything ready to ship and another in the mold, but it's just not going to happen.

Hang in there guys, have patience with us...it's not that we're "old", it's just that we're not "young" anymore.

HAGO!
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't trying to be a jackass, brother. Just commenting. I'll have to email you to see exactly what you currently offer.
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

I wasn't trying to be a jackass, brother. Just commenting. I'll have to email you to see exactly what you currently offer.

LOL! Didn't take it that way at all. Got your email and have responded.

Yea, on the one hand it doesn't make much sense to offer a product/service to the public and then not do everything possible to make it successful, but as I've tried to explain, and anybody who's done something similar knows, being a sideline, it doesn't always get top billing.

HAGO!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

To try and answer a few questions:

Thanks. You've explained it much more succinctly than I could, although I tried.

Over the years I have met both you and Doug, and I enjoy doing business with you guys. (All of my cars have been a rolling testament to that. )
I do know a little bit of the background story, and I understand completely. It's why I jump in and encourage people to be patient.
Y'all are good folks, and always have been. I know that you'll take care of people who are interested, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 05-11-2015).]

ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent an email about a tail light panel, now we wait...I got nothing but time!
modsquad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2015 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for modsquadSend a Private Message to modsquadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a ballpark price for the panel?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2015 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARFiero:

I sent an email about a tail light panel, now we wait...I got nothing but time!

Mine is for sale .... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/072810.html

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014
Tylers Toy

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay