Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Brand-X 3800 Mounts Announcement (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Brand-X 3800 Mounts Announcement by IwannaIRM
Started on: 05-08-2015 11:44 AM
Replies: 59 (2694 views)
Last post by: IwannaIRM on 09-07-2015 12:53 PM
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It’s time to let everyone know that I’m pleased to announce that the Brand-X 3800 Mounts will be available very soon.

It’s been over a year since I purchased this business from Ryan and for those of you that have followed the ups and downs of getting this business going I appreciate you standing by me and being patient. It’s been rough and a few choice words were said many times.

As of yesterday afternoon, we have finally acquired all the jigs and pre-cut material for all the mounts from the previous fabricator. Ryan will be shipping everything to me here in Houston within the next week or so and I will be delivering the jigs and pre-cut material to my fabricator here in Houston.

New CAD files for all the pieces will be made and I will own all files, documentation, jigs, templates and converted files for the water-jet cutting machine. So, in the unlikely event that this fabricator falls short or there are difficulties in maintaining production and quality it will be easy for me to move everything to a new fabricator.

Previously, these mounts were plasma cut so switching to water-jet cuts should clean up the cuts and hopefully reduce the cost since the water and media is recyclable. If there is a savings I will pass it on to you my customers and Fiero family.

Two to three sets will be made up front and they will be used as test beds for the new fabricator to make sure they have no problem building the mounts using these jigs. Both sets will be sent to two individuals within the Fiero community who have extensive knowledge with these mounts and they will inspect and ensure the quality and fitment prior to me going into full production.

At this time I am not taking any orders. I do not want to hold on to anyone’s hard earned money while I finalize some loose ends. I should be at full production in less than a month. The goal is to have sets on the shelf, ready to ship once the buyer identifies the color of poly they want with their mounts. I do not plan on taking any pre-orders for this or any future production runs. Once an order is placed I will ship within 24 hours of receipt of full payment as long as I have stock on hand.

At this point I am not offering any mounts for the F23 or F40 transmission but these will come at a later date.

The low-mount alternator bracket Ryan initially offered may not be available as it appears there was no jig for this item. We are still inquiring about this. But for now, I am working on an alternative to this that will work with either the 3800 alternator or the Fiero alternator.

As stated to all my previous customers via email or PM. “I will honor your original purchase price no matter what the pricing comes in at with the exception of it being lower then I will offer the mounts to you at a lower price.”

Thanks again for all of you who have patiently waited for these mounts to be produced.

Once the mounts are available I will post a new thread in The Mall for everyone to place their orders.

Let the 3800 conversions begin!

------------------
84 Fiero SE, Custom Hybrid (Updated to 88 wiring throughout, t-tops, V6, 5spd, Fastback, IMSA style whale tail/decklid with vents, T/A fender vents, Aus Scoops, Extractor Hood, Formula bumpers, Held coil-overs, Mr. Mikes Seats, Hidden Antenna, Low-profile headlights, Custom Pearl Blue Paint, 17" ADR Sokudo wheels)
84 Fiero IRM/IMSA Widebody (Jim Sutter's last IRM built Fastback)
84 Fiero DGP/IMSA Widebody (Resurection on hold again...will it ever be finished? Probably not, at this pace )

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LostNotForgotton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm gearing up to start making 3800 conversion purchases soon so if you think you'll be ready within the next month you can add me as a potential customer. I've picked up a 3800sc from a 99 Buick with the 4t65-HD so I'll need everything associated with that setup. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread but feel free to PM me if you start production and want some quick business.

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3.4 Pushrod with 7730 ECM & DIS
88 MERA #8013
85 Fiero SE with 3.1 pushrod
86 Fiero SE 2.8 stock
http://www.youtube.com/LostNotForgotton

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I would suggest is that you consider the mounts for the later series III powertrains. The transmission mounting on the right side is totally different. There is only one source on late 4T65eHD trans mounts at the present time (WCF) .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

What I would suggest is that you consider the mounts for the later series III powertrains. The transmission mounting on the right side is totally different. There is only one source on late 4T65eHD trans mounts at the present time (WCF) .

I produce both early and late mounts for the all the auto transmissions (bolt-on plate or pin-mount) So all bases are covered excluding the manual transmissions as stated above. Thanks for the suggestion.

s550w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just make sure all the holes locate properly. My company has gotten water cut prototypes and at least ponce the holes were off-location. May need to compensate in that case.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! I know you have been trying to make this happen for a long time.
I'm not in the market, but I applaud your efforts and wish you success. Rock on!
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

I produce both early and late mounts for the all the auto transmissions (bolt-on plate or pin-mount) So all bases are covered excluding the manual transmissions as stated above. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've completed a few 3800SC swaps and have another one in progress. Presently WCF has been the source but on the next one that comes up, I'll give you a shot. There are other parts that would help the DIY swap mechanic and I encourage you to consider those products as well. Good luck on your new venture. The series II swap that I did with purplereign mounts worked perfectly and those mounts were bulletproof. Really heavy duty stuff. .
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 05-09-2015).]

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Waiting patiently for the f23 mounts. Thanks

------------------

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2015 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2015 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear things are starting to work out for you.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2015 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These will be a nice addition to the 3800 swap community. I have used these mounts on several swaps and plan to use them on future swaps. They are well made and fitment is as good or bettwr as other venders. Loom forward to getting a set soon..
PFF
System Bot
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2015 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am doing and L67 swap on a 88 cradle with 5 speed getrag. I can buy a complete bolt in kit for this?
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFastBackL67:

I am doing and L67 swap on a 88 cradle with 5 speed getrag. I can buy a complete bolt in kit for this?

Short answer is yes. It is a complete set of mounts less the automatic transmission mount. You will use the stock Fiero transmission bracket with my mounts for the 5-speed.

FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any update on these mounts being ready for order? I'm really eager to finish this project with your mounts :-)
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump... Sigh... Not even a lil snippette of an update?
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I posted a reply earlier today from work but it appears it did not take. My work internet connection is terrible.

UPDATE!!!

I have been working on the mounts for the last week and a half. Creating new CAD files and verifying all the dimensions. One thing I have learned is that plasma CNC cutting apparently cuts no two pieces the same. So, I can see where exact measurements and the water-jet will come in handy making precision cuts and eliminating manual cuts that were being made after the initial CNC process.

I am posting this from my tablet and can't post pictures here but I will post some on the 3800 Fiero Swap page on Facebook. If you're not a member yet please sign up. A lot of good information shared there.

I am half way done with the CAD files and should be completely done with them by this Friday or Saturday. My hope is to have the files to the fabricator next week to cut the first set or two for test fitting.

I'm very excited that I've gotten this far and I'm doing my due diligence to get these done with exacting measurements and exceptional quality.

Once again my apologies for the long wait between posts as I have been working on these mounts and haven't spent much time here.

I can always be reached by personal email as well.
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's good news. I'm happy to hear its going good for you. Sounds like a lot of work. I'm stoked about getting a set. Keep up the work! And I'll check the FB page. Thanks
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE!!!

I have finished creating all the CAD drawings for the mounts. There are a lot more pieces to the puzzle than one would think.

Next step: I will be taking the jigs, prototypes, CAD drawings and dxf files to the fabricator this week to get the first test mounts programmed, cut and built.

I will update everyone with the timeline after I meet with the fabricator, most likely on Friday as that is my day off from my day job.

Almost there folks.
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

UPDATE!!!

I have finished creating all the CAD drawings for the mounts. There are a lot more pieces to the puzzle than one would think.

Next step: I will be taking the jigs, prototypes, CAD drawings and dxf files to the fabricator this week to get the first test mounts programmed, cut and built.

I will update everyone with the timeline after I meet with the fabricator, most likely on Friday as that is my day off from my day job.

Almost there folks.

I'm getting Amped I can't wait to drop this engine into my Fiero. Keep the updates coming! Thanks Man.

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2015 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE!!!

This update will update the build status of the mounts, request feedback form potential 3800 swap customers, and provide a sneak peek of things to come.

Mount Production Update

Here's where I am as of today, Saturday, June 13, 2015. All the mounts are being uploaded to the CNC machine and the fab shop should cut and build the first prototype set next week. This is great news and puts me one step closer to releasing these to everyone. It's been a long journey but it will be worth the reward in the end.

Once the prototype set is completed, expected to be June 17th or 18th, then I will pick up the mounts and drive to my favorite 3800 installer and we will test fit every piece to verify all mounting points are correct and accurate. If no adjustments are required then we are off to full production. So if my measurements and drawings are close to perfect and the stars are in alignment then we should see full production of the mounts on June 22. Sales will start on the same date and shipping will be made by June 27th for all orders placed during this week.

If there are some adjustments to be made then we will have full production starting about a week later on June 29. If this is the case then first sales won't be possible until July 6th as I will be out of the country on holiday with my family. Happy wife and daughter allows dad to work on hobbies.

In most all situations shipping will always be within 24-48 hours of reciept of payment as I plan to always have complete sets in stock.

I should have full pricing and purchase options available by Monday or Tusday next week. Can you feel the excitement.

Feedback for Mounts needed

Here's where I need your help and feedback. What I need from all those Fiero owners wanting to do this swap is an idea of how many are doing manual swaps vs auto swaps. If you're doing an auto swap are you using an early or late model trans?

As I will be cutting between 100 and 200 full sets per run I need an idea of how many trans mounts to cut. As there won't be 200 late model or 200 early model or 200 manual only installs. So your input is greatly appreciated.

As before I will be offering these with your choice of poly in red or black. I was going to go with only red but I'll leave this choice to the buyer.

This post is also to have those interested in mounts to reply and let me know so I can get an estimate on how many to build from the cut pieces.

Upcoming Info for Brand-X Fieros

In July I will be creating a website so that everyone can order single pieces, sets and other 3800 items. This is so that those who are outside of the PFF community will also have access to these mounts and the future items I plan to offer.

Speaking of future items, keep a lookout for post in regards to low mount alternator brackets (currently have 3 variants to work from), F23/F40 mounts, automatic shifting brackets, wiring harnesses, and possibly axles.

These items are all in different stages of research and will start being offered once the mounts are up and going and I have a proven track record of ontime delivery and delivering a quality product.

My eventual goal is to be everyone's one-stop, 3800 swap parts shop.

I expect you will all be very happy with my endeavors to fill this void in the Fiero world.
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soo close! I need to order this kit asap when you are ready. Just pm me when I can place this order and I'll give you all my details :-)
PFF
System Bot
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2015 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!! Any updates I need asap!
TargaTrouble

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TargaTroubleSend a Private Message to TargaTroubleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello! Just popping in to give requested feedback.

Currently have a 3800 Series II bolted to a Getrag 282 5-Speed Manual, which will be what Im using for my first go at a 3800 swap, So I would love to see manual mounts/brackets, all that jazz.

The 3800 is out of a 99 GTP I believe, and the Getrag is out of a 86-87 Fiero SE (Don't quote me on that, gotta drop the cradle and find some ID tags and get some concrete proof, but thats what the Previous Owner said it was from, didn't seem too confident though)

Hope this info helps, any questions you have I'll be glad to answer, or atleast try

I just wanted to thank you IwannaIRM for shouldering this undertaking, hopefully the 3800 swappers of this community will make it worth your while, both in appreciation and currency, I myself want to eventually throw more 3800s into other Fieros, so repeat customer right here!
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ask for an update and I will provide you with one.

The fabricator should have the first set done tomorrow. That was their plan as of Thursday last week. So, tomorrow or Friday I should have the first set. I will post pictures for all to see the quality going into these mounts.

I have to apologize for being over-zealous in my previous update post on the time line. My time line was just that, "my" time line. I was too excited to get these going and I didn't take into consideration that the fabricator does have other jobs and I had to be worked in. I also expected to just hand over this first set to my test guy and "poof" he would magically be done in a day verifying the fitment. Once I get these to him I will verify with him how long it will take to test fit everything.

So, my hope to have a production run prior to the end of June may be off by about a week maybe two. And again, I apologize for putting the cart before the horse on this part. But rest assured, I am very close to having this first set completed.

And, like you, I need these soon as I can't build my car without them. The sooner I get these done the sooner my car is on the road.

So I would love to see manual mounts/brackets, all that jazz.

Manual brackets are built the same as the auto brackets. The kit is sold minus the trans bracket. You use the stock fiero mount for the getrag.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE 06/26/15

I just spoke with my fabricator about the mounts. They have completed programming the CNC and have cut out the first complete set of all the parts. Everything cut out very nice and he said we will pleased by how nice they turned out.

Now his shop is bending the material and welding the brackets up. As he explained to me, he has guys working on this as they become available from their other jobs. As this is the prototype set for them I can understand them taking their time. Although, I'm ready to have them in my hand now.

I am leaving this weekend for a family vacation and won't be back until July 6th. The fabricator assured me he will have the complete set ready for me to pick up when I return so we can verify all the mounts fit properly. Once the production run starts he will have dedicated fabricators building these so we won't see the delays we are seeing when in it comes to full production.

Sorry it's taking so long. But we're almost there.

Thanks for taking interest in this and I hope everyone is pleased with the end product.

Have a great 4th of July week and see you after the celebration.
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

UPDATE 06/26/15

I just spoke with my fabricator about the mounts. They have completed programming the CNC and have cut out the first complete set of all the parts. Everything cut out very nice and he said we will pleased by how nice they turned out.

Now his shop is bending the material and welding the brackets up. As he explained to me, he has guys working on this as they become available from their other jobs. As this is the prototype set for them I can understand them taking their time. Although, I'm ready to have them in my hand now.

I am leaving this weekend for a family vacation and won't be back until July 6th. The fabricator assured me he will have the complete set ready for me to pick up when I return so we can verify all the mounts fit properly. Once the production run starts he will have dedicated fabricators building these so we won't see the delays we are seeing when in it comes to full production.

Sorry it's taking so long. But we're almost there.

Thanks for taking interest in this and I hope everyone is pleased with the end product.

Have a great 4th of July week and see you after the celebration.

As soon as these are ready I need to buy immediately! Money is sitting here waiting eager to be turned into your awesome parts :-)
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am curious too. I bought Fiero-X mounts and they were awesome. These will be probably even better. I want to go twin turbo on an L67 and will be looking at these!

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction SOLD

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bum bum bum.. Bum..... Bump!!! Updates :-)
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just returned from my cruise (family vacation). I will contact the fabricator tomorrow on Monday and should be picking up the first/prototype set tomorrow.

I will keep you all updated as I have been doing during this process.
Darth Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2015 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool! Always good to have another vendor out their making new parts for our projects! I will be doing a 3800 SC swap in the future. I want to get my car driveable!

------------------
2010 Jeep Wrangler
1996 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
1987 Pontiac Fiero
1957 Chevrolet Corvette LS6-swapped (LOOOOOOONG-term project)

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2015 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update.

Out of curiosity, will you be producing other 3800 swap parts when the mounts are in stock/selling?
PFF
System Bot
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2015 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

Thanks for the update.

Out of curiosity, will you be producing other 3800 swap parts when the mounts are in stock/selling?

Simple answer to your question is, yes.

I have already started work on the following items.
  • Low-mount, dog bone, and idler pulley assembly
  • Throttle cable mount

In planning stages for, wait for it.
WIRING HARNESSES.

I can't and won't reveal what I will be doing for these but, I hope it will be an answer to what everyone is looking for.

Can't offer any programming as of yet since I don't know how to do this but, step-by-step.
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Simple answer to your question is, yes.

I have already started work on the following items.
  • Low-mount, dog bone, and idler pulley assembly
  • Throttle cable mount

In planning stages for, wait for it.
WIRING HARNESSES.

I can't and won't reveal what I will be doing for these but, I hope it will be an answer to what everyone is looking for.

Can't offer any programming as of yet since I don't know how to do this but, step-by-step.

This would be awesome!! I need my harness done. But I don't think I can wait that long.

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE

I picked up the first set of mounts from the fabricator. They look great. If you belong to the Facebook 3800 swap group you can see the pictures I posted. I can't post pictures from my tablet. Anyone here that has PIP is welcome to copy the photos and post them here. I'd appreciate the help.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2015 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look excellent!

FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2015 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

UPDATE

I picked up the first set of mounts from the fabricator. They look great. If you belong to the Facebook 3800 swap group you can see the pictures I posted. I can't post pictures from my tablet. Anyone here that has PIP is welcome to copy the photos and post them here. I'd appreciate the help.

When can I order? My 3800 sc speaks to every time I walk by it :-)

[This message has been edited by FieroFastBackL67 (edited 07-11-2015).]

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MAJOR UPDATE!! 07/12/15

Ok, I took the trek up to Ft. Worth today to test fit all the parts. Guess what? We are 99.5% there. With all the measuring, cutting and welding and changing to a new fabricator everything lined up perfectly except for one hole...so close. With a lot of help from Tom we were able to press in the bushings and fit all the parts. I was so pleased everything fit so well. MstangsBware will do the final inspection to make sure I'm not being over zealous.

Unfortunately, in all of my excitement to how close we are I forgot to make photos for everyone to see how nice everything fits up.

If MstangsBware agrees with my assessment we will go into full production immediately. So depending on his availability and schedule I will have to wait for the final word. Remember, he works a full time job and does these installs on the side. So his primary work and family come first.

I will have pricing by tomorrow evening. Unfortunately, I won't be able to match Ryan's previous pricing as material costs and labor costs have gone up. But I will do my best to keep the pricing in line for everyone. The good news is, my fabricator will always keep complete sets in stock and once they are ordered all I need to do is pick them up and press in the poly. So everyone will have there choice between black and red poly as these are only installed after an order is placed.

I hope this is great news for all of you planning conversions. We are so close to ordering.

Dennis, the late mount transmission mount fit really nice. You will be very pleased to see this item.

Low mount bracket, idler and dogbone support started design and planning today as well. Should have this shortly as well.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I need to find me a 3800 so I can get these mounts. If Steve works out the wiring harness details it will one-stop shopping.
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plug welded and redrilled two holes on the original Fiero-X mounts I bought from Ryan, I know some slot them slightly to get everything to fit as every cradle can be slightly different for some reason.

Great news thanks for the update.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock