It Lives Again, Many Thanks! by fieromatty
Started on: 05-08-2015 01:03 AM
Replies: 5 (165 views)
Last post by: fieromatty on 05-08-2015 05:17 PM
fieromatty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really don't know where to begin. I made this tread to say Thank You to everyone who got me back on the road. There were many times over the last few months where i felt like giving up on the Fiero all together. Glad I didn't.

A few months back, I asked everyone if this motor on Craigslist looked like a good deal. Most of you said to be weary, but tbh I didn't want to hear that it was a bad choice. I had already sold myself on the excitement.

2.8 engine a good deal?

I wanted to put the new motor in so I had a reliable daily driver while I went to school for the next two years. At least minimize the worry of it breaking down. (plus the original motor was showing major signs of wear).

Since the beginning of the year, I battled lots of problems along the way. (Incorrectly installed timing chain from Previous owner, oil leaks from missing rear cam plate, vacuum leaks, ignition failure).

I wouldn't have been able to do it with out all the wonderful help from the forum.
Special thanks to...

Patrick (the frog) - Always one of the first to respond. A good guy. Genuinely cares.
Gall757 - Another first responder. Many good tips.
Phonedawgz - Even though your a packers fan, and I like the vikings. Thanks for all the help over the years. Your EGR delete chip works perefectly!
RodneyDickman - I don't know where the Fiero community would be without you. You gear saved my driver side headlight! I also recently purchased a detent cable, exhaust hanger, and door pin rebuild kit. All of your products are top quality!
BlackTopRacing - Thanks for the EGR delete plate.

I would also give a big shout out to the person who introduced me to Rockauto (I don't remember who it was, but it was someone on here). I didn't know they existed. I probably replaced about 15 broken connectors with them.

I feel like I have a new car now. Have about 1500$ invested into the project now. Was able to go on my first cruise in the ride tonight. What a great feeling.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromatty:

Patrick (the frog) - Always one of the first to respond. A good guy. Genuinely cares.

Dammit, my avatar is a toad.

Hey, you're so welcome. Very glad you finally got everything working. We love success stories here.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! Glad to hear your up and running!!!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Dammit, my avatar is a toad.

Yep. Lots of warts.
fieromatty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought I put toad? Wonder why I wrote frog...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock