Started on: 05-07-2015 03:00 AM
Replies: 17 (323 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 05-08-2015 11:18 AM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered a couple of side marker light pigtails from TFS on Saturday (5/2). They weren't shipped until Tuesday (5/5) for delivery on Friday (5/8). I've ordered from them before but never remember such slow shipping. I understand that Monday (5/4) was Star Wars Day but TFS didn't mention that it wouldn't ship on that day. (Neither rear marker light worked when I got the car. One is corroded beyond repair and the other looks like it lost a battle with a pair of pliers. I guess I never thought to ask the PO if ALL the lights worked, including the marker lights. Shows what I get for trusting someone.)

Is something going on with TFS that I should know about (before I order anything else from them)?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How many weeks have you been waiting?
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Less than 1 so I guess I'm doing well, eh?
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. I ordered something from them on 5/3, with 2-3 day shipping. I received it on 5/6. I have had some things from them be delivered remarkably quickly, but one case where there was a significant delay.
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think it's unreasonable to order something on a weekend and have it ship on Tuesday?

They usually ship my orders within 2 business days.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

I don't think it's unreasonable to order something on a weekend and have it ship on Tuesday?

They usually ship my orders within 2 business days.

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may want to give them a call or send an e-mail, I have ordered from them many times and had a problem only once which was cleared up after contacting them.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vampire:

You may want to give them a call or send an e-mail, I have ordered from them many times and had a problem only once which was cleared up after contacting them.

Not sure what that would accomplish, considering its already en-route.
Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if nothing else, will communicate to them the need for better communication or areas of possible improvement, or at least allow them to explain to the customer that this is normal expected operation. Nothing is ever lost in communicating.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did they send tracking info?

This sounds about normal. When ordering on a weekend, you package may or may not be shipped the following business day. I usually expect a weekend order to be at my house by the end of the week... unless it is Amazon Prime

As mentioned, communication is nice, but I guess either they would have shipped it monday or tuesday.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 05-07-2015).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Did they send tracking info?

That's what I was wondering too. Was it Fiero Store or UPS (or USPS) that claims it was shipped on Tuesday?

What is the possibility they boxed it up on Monday, and took it to the UPS Store that afternoon where it sat until Tuesday before it was officially logged in as "shipped"? I see stuff like that ALL the time. Either way, I don't see the problem. They do have pricier options if you need it faster.

I once ordered an item from Angola Indiana (northeast corner of the state) on the Friday before Thanksgiving. It went to a local UPS facility that evening where it sat all weekend before finally going out on Monday. By Wednesday it had moved through two other UPS hubs and was now in Addison IL ready for delivery on Thursday. But since it was Thanksgiving, they were closed and it sat there for the entire four-day weekend. I finally got the item the following Monday. I was annoyed but there was little I could do since I ordered it around two weekends in which they were closed.

PFF
System Bot
johnt671

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently ordered a part from TFS, shipped the same day and I had the next day. I live closer to them than you do. but this has been the norm for me. Even when I ordered doors from them they were here the next day. I always use regular UPS, cost a bit more but the service is great.
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shipped on the 5th arrive on the 8th. Maybe you could have asked for drone shipping for faster arrival!
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are a small business with limited staff and resources. It is not Amazon or Rock Auto. Shipping within 3 days in that case is pretty reasonable as long as they confirmed that they received your order
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Couldn't of you got these parts local??

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Realistically, I'm usually one of the first to line up to complain. I've made perhaps 80 orders from TFS in 4 years. Once, there was a delay in shipping. Usually, things arrived very quickly, and once it took an extra day or 2. It was an annoyance, but I wouldn't consider it worth mentioning to them. If you have a question, ask them. I ordered something on 5/3, it arrived on 5/7, with 2-3 day shipping. Usual service.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.amazon.com/Stand...r+Light+Socket+fiero

Prime shipping included. $6 (if you have prime)

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 05-08-2015).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

Couldn't of you got these parts local??

The light socket in the link above? Yes, a good parts store should have it. Maybe not if you're not in a big city.

Quite a lot of what the FS sells is available locally. I suppose the advantage they offer is having it all available on one website as opposed to searching Autozone, Advance, NAPA, O'Reilly's, Rock Auto, etc trying to get everything you need.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock