Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Paint shop recommendation on Long Island, NY, Please?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Paint shop recommendation on Long Island, NY, Please? by imacflier
Started on: 05-05-2015 11:32 AM
Replies: 3 (91 views)
Last post by: Fierochic88 on 05-07-2015 08:58 AM
imacflier

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for imacflierSend a Private Message to imacflierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, Guys,

I am located in Levittown, NY 11756. I am looking for a shop to do a complete paint job on my '88 GT. I expect to pay somewhere north of $2k, but I do not want a megabucks job.

Can anyone out there recommend a shop to me?

TIA,
Larry
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully, LongIslandFieros will chime in. His car looks gorgeous!

~ Jen
L.I. Fieros

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L.I. FierosSend a Private Message to L.I. FierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My PFF Fiero radar just went off and told me to browse the GC and look what post I find... Long time no see Jen! Hope all is well with you and the family!

Larry, unfortunately my research on the painting front does not return great results here on Long Island. My paint job wasn't $2K so I'll offer the only other option that I know of that comes in at that range. Maaco. Not joking, that's serious. If you're looking for a nice driver paint job stop by and talk to the guys over in Copiague. They quoted me about $1,500 a little while back with good prep and the better quality base/clear paint. I was looking at this for a daily driver that I wanted nice to play with but didn't need it to be show quality at all. Anyway, the guy there will walk you through the shop and you can see some of their work if you'd like. No joke, they do some nice work. And they also told me that they would be as careful about overspray as I wanted them to be. Might affect the price slightly of course.

Here's their full contact info.:

4 Bethpage Rd.
Copiague, NY
(631) 464-0085

The next level up in price that I've heard of from Maaco were those "my friend did the job" paint jobs. Those were all $4,500 or better though.

Hope that helps at least a little and good luck!
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by L.I. Fieros:

My PFF Fiero radar just went off and told me to browse the GC and look what post I find... Long time no see Jen! Hope all is well with you and the family!

All is well! Busy, busy, busy!!! Shoot me an e-mail and we'll catch up jgoss825 at gmail.com

~ Jen

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock