Started on: 05-03-2015 02:25 PM
Replies: 19 (1173 views)
Last post by: Wichita on 04-30-2017 02:08 PM
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A friend of mine was at the Danville car show today and spotted this electric Fiero. Unfortunately, he is a photographer and had to leave to go to another show otherwise he would have given me more photos of the engine bay. Anyone on here?

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 05-03-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that looks sharp. Can't wait to see & hear more about it.
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a nice looking car
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, but I'll be the first to say it... An 88?! You had to cut up and remove the drive train from an 88?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was an electric Fiero at Carlisle about 10 years ago and it was nicely done. This one looks nicely done as well. The guy in PA that built his had to trailer it to the Carlisle show as the range was limited, something like 25-30 miles before recharging. Outside of the Tesla, ( and its $100K price tag) no electric car (even the Volt) has yet to have any decent range before recharging. An electric car seems practical only for short around town chores where the drives are short. I appreciate the work that these builders have put into their Fieros and wait for the day that battery technology is available that would make building an electric car practical.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Nice, but I'll be the first to say it... An 88?! You had to cut up and remove the drive train from an 88?

The larger crime is that wheel weight on the front rim! How could they....

(BTW, it could be an 86-87 with 88 rims)
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2015 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice lookin! Hope we hear more about it!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Theres a local guy here with a red electric Fiero. Ive seen it at a few shows around central Ohio.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

There was an electric Fiero at Carlisle about 10 years ago and it was nicely done. This one looks nicely done as well. The guy in PA that built his had to trailer it to the Carlisle show as the range was limited, something like 25-30 miles before recharging. Outside of the Tesla, ( and its $100K price tag) no electric car (even the Volt) has yet to have any decent range before recharging. An electric car seems practical only for short around town chores where the drives are short. I appreciate the work that these builders have put into their Fieros and wait for the day that battery technology is available that would make building an electric car practical.

There was an electric at Carlisle last year - It was parked by it's self at the bottom of the hill past the grandstands away from the MAFOA area. It was white in color and a bit on the ruff side but still was interesting to look at. More 'golf cart technology' than Tesla.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

More 'golf cart technology' than Tesla.

Thats what I was wondering. I HOPE he has more pictures for me of that engine bay and it was done right.
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

The larger crime is that wheel weight on the front rim! How could they....

(BTW, it could be an 86-87 with 88 rims)

If it were an 86-87 the wheels would be recessed about an inch, unless he's got some aftermarket spindles on there. Which is possible given all the weight. But the monochrome paint job suggests an 88 as well.
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks great. I love the color. I think they did a nice job with the "electric" insignias on the doors as well. It looks like the "Formula" font.

I wonder how if performs for the first 50 feet off the line if you mash it to the floor.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FTF Engineering:

That looks great. I love the color. I think they did a nice job with the "electric" insignias on the doors as well. It looks like the "Formula" font.

I wonder how if performs for the first 50 feet off the line if you mash it to the floor.

A while back there was a drag race show on TV where three contestants competed to guess the 1/4 mile times of various cars. One racer had a small electric pickup and he ran the 1/4 mile in about 13.5 seconds. Don't remember much about it but the ET. With a large enough motor electric cars can accelerate very fast. As you know, with a DC electric motor RPM's don't make a difference as you have the maximum torque as soon as it is energized.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed by the green caps the tires are filled with nitrogen. That should lighten the load a bit. Hydrogen would be even lighter which brings back a memory of a ship in NJ that got into some trouble. Seems like "electricity" was involved.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

I noticed by the green caps the tires are filled with nitrogen. That should lighten the load a bit. Hydrogen would be even lighter which brings back a memory of a ship in NJ that got into some trouble. Seems like "electricity" was involved.

Spoon

I know you are joking, but in case anyone has a chemistry test tomorrow, the amount of lightening from Nitrogen will be miniscule. Air is already 80% nitrogen and changing to 100% Nitrogen only reduces it 2 grams per mole. Not sure how many moles are in a Fiero car tire at 30 or so pound per square inch. That's way too much math for just a snide comment. lol.

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe helium in the tires would help with the weight .
PePe-LePu_For_2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2017 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

A friend of mine was at the Danville car show today and spotted this electric Fiero. Unfortunately, he is a photographer and had to leave to go to another show otherwise he would have given me more photos of the engine bay. Anyone on here?

Hi, sorry that it took me so long to stumble onto this thread but this is my car. I converted it in 2011. Actually the guy in the photo is a PFF member kitskabootle or something like that. My signature photo shows what it looked like originally.

------------------

"88 GT converted to electric drive"

Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2017 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very interesting. Do you have any build photos by chance?
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2017 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, PePe-LePu_For_2, I think I've watched your YouTube showing off your EV specs.

I think you are running a HPEV AC-50 motor. What electric vacuum pump are you using for your brakes?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock