GT 5 speed short shifter by 87GT2M6
Started on: 05-03-2015 12:09 AM
Replies: 8 (598 views)
Last post by: zzzhuh on 05-05-2015 06:02 PM
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cut my shifter a bit more to fit my shifter knob a little better, and was surprised to find my shifter is different than all the short shifter I've seen.

Looked at Rodney''s short shifter and competition shifters, and some other custom ones on here, but nothing looks like this one which is all aluminum.

was wondering if anyone knows who made these ?

[This message has been edited by 87GT2M6 (edited 01-29-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never seen that one before. Looks nice.
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2015 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the aluminum short shifter sold by The Fiero Store.

I have one in my car as well.
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Thanks Dobey,

I looked it up and looks like they did a little touch up like rounding the corners off.

FieroScott

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroScottSend a Private Message to FieroScottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one of these in the Black Knight with Rodney's leather boot.

------------------
88 Red GT 5sp T-Top CJB #1139
88 Yellow Formula 5sp
87 Black GT 5sp
87 Med. Red SE Auto T-Top
86 Black GT 4sp T-Top (Black Knight)
84 IRM (Prototype) Turbo Fastback T-Top
Dr Pepper Go Kart
2008 Red HHR SS
2008 White Trailblazer 3-LT

zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Do you like it? I want to get a shorter shifter and I have seen people say it makes it harder to shift, but worth it cause of the short throws.
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-05-2015 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:

Do you like it? I want to get a shorter shifter and I have seen people say it makes it harder to shift, but worth it cause of the short throws.

I like having a short shifter. It does make it take more effort to shift (physics), but it's not short enough that it makes it difficult to do.

This aluminum shifter is a bit bulky though, and makes the shift boot very bunched up. The ones Rodney Dickman sells are better.
FieroScott

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroScottSend a Private Message to FieroScottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love it. It feels quite a bit different than stock (better). It shifts nice and smooth, I don't notice it being harder, except putting in Reverse. This car is a 4-speed and was always a little hard to pull to the left to get it in reverse. I've been thinking about replacing the shift cables.

------------------
88 Red GT 5sp T-Top CJB #1139
88 Yellow Formula 5sp
87 Black GT 5sp
87 Med. Red SE Auto T-Top
86 Black GT 4sp T-Top (Black Knight)
84 IRM (Prototype) Turbo Fastback T-Top
Dr Pepper Go Kart
2008 Red HHR SS
2008 White Trailblazer 3-LT

zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroScott:

I love it. It feels quite a bit different than stock (better). It shifts nice and smooth, I don't notice it being harder, except putting in Reverse. This car is a 4-speed and was always a little hard to pull to the left to get it in reverse. I've been thinking about replacing the shift cables.

My 86 4 speed isn't hard to put into reverse, it use to grind but doesn't anymore. However, the gears are rather stiff. Im going to swap in an F23 transmission hopefully soon, this muncie has had better days..

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock