Suspension by vrossiter
Started on: 04-30-2015 01:31 PM
Replies: 4 (424 views)
Last post by: lordbg0205 on 04-30-2015 09:51 PM
vrossiter

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vrossiterSend a Private Message to vrossiterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wondering if anyone can give me a fairly complete parts list for the suspension on an 87? I'm looking to redo mine, as it's time now, and going through parts was just wondering what everyone else did first time. The car is a 3800 S/C car. 87 GT with bone stock suspension all around, and as you can imagine, it's tired and squeaky and having a hard time keeping up with me! Any info is appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodneydickman sells alot of good stuff. You keeping stock?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-30-2015).]

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
vrossiter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vrossiterSend a Private Message to vrossiterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Rodneydickman sells alot of good stuff. You keeping stock?

No, it won't be stock. I want to lower it and go all aftermarket. I have looked through Rodney's stuff and also the other listed site. I've also looked at the Fiero Store. A complete kit like TFS offers would be nice because it is the kit. However, there are other components such as control arms, brakes (obviously), and some steering components. What are necessities to start with for a parts list? I know where to get the parts, I'm asking opinions, I guess, as to what other members have done, what has worked well and what hasn't.
TIA
lordbg0205

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lordbg0205Send a Private Message to lordbg0205Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 87 gt has full poly bushings, new tfs bolts, kyb shocks up front with rodneys lower balljoint with one coil of the spring cut out. Also raised the bumpstop to keep travel. Kybs in the back with aurraut coilover kit, sway bar from an 87 front mounted in back, all rodney balljoints front and rear. Handles like none other. Its low on 18x8' wheels with 225/40 r18, and 245, 40 r18. A lot of swearing to remove stuck bushing bolts but all worth it when you toss into a turn.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock