Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Gilmore Car Museum’s Dust Off, whos going?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Gilmore Car Museum’s Dust Off, whos going? by solotwo
Started on: 04-29-2015 11:20 PM
Replies: 15 (396 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 05-11-2015 08:13 AM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who's going to the Gilmore Dust off Saturday May 9th?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested but need more info ( like where ) what town is it near or in ?
how much does it cost ?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Near Kalamazoo just north by Plainwell

http://www.gilmorecarmuseum...-off/?instance_id=30

Directions

The Gilmore Car Museum is just twenty minutes from I-94 and US-131, located midway between Detroit and Chicago and a short drive from Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, and Lansing, Michigan.

From M-43 turn East on West Hickory Road, and signs will indicate the visitor parking lots.

VIEW MAP

Arriving From I-94
•Exit I-94 at Exit 80 – Sprinkle Road
•Travel north on Sprinkle Road 4.6 miles to the traffic light at Gull Road / M-43.
•Turn right (NE) onto Gull Road / M-43. Follow for 5.1 miles to traffic light in the village of Richland.
•Turn left (N) on to M-43 and follow 5.7 miles, winding around Gull Lake, to Hickory Road. (Note several large red barns on your right)
•Turn right (E) onto Hickory Road.
•Museum entrance is third drive on the right, enter at Automotive Heritage Center.

Arriving From US-131
•Exit US-131 at Exit 49A – Plainwell
•Follow Hwy M-89 (E) 12 miles to Intersection M-43 / M-89.
•Turn left (N) on to M-43 and follow 5.7 miles, winding around Gull Lake, to Hickory Road. (Note several large red barns on your right)
•Turn right (E) onto Hickory Road.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 04-30-2015).]

Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Gilmore needs some PR.

It is not what you think...if someone says 'private car museum in rural Michigan'. It has over 300 cars in about a dozen buildings. It has a Cadillac building...a Pierce-Arrow building.....a Ford dealership....and some of the most fantastic cars ever built. It has a building just for hood ornaments.

Donald Gilmore was part of the Upjohn drug fortune, and spent decades getting this place started. It is now one of the best auto museums in the world.

$8 to register your car, and $12 to get into all the buildings.

http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

The Gilmore needs some PR.

It is not what you think...if someone says 'private car museum in rural Michigan'. It has over 300 cars in about a dozen buildings. It has a Cadillac building...a Pierce-Arrow building.....a Ford dealership....and some of the most fantastic cars ever built. It has a building just for hood ornaments.

Donald Gilmore was part of the Upjohn drug fortune, and spent decades getting this place started. It is now one of the best auto museums in the world.

$8 to register your car, and $12 to get into all the buildings.

http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/

Last year when you "showed" your car you paid $8.00 and had access to all the barns. I think the $12.00 is for spectators who are not showing a car.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
So far only one Fiero from Grand Rapids is going.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it looks like the caravan of one from GR will be leaving Northeast GR around 7:30 heading down 131 to exit just north of Plainwell.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there with the family so I won't have the fiero. We're bringing my BMW. The car seats fit better in it.
ProNUNICAN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ProNUNICANSend a Private Message to ProNUNICANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be attending along with my 86 GT.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ProNUNICAN:

I'll be attending along with my 86 GT.

Great are you going down 131? I'll be heading down around 7:30.

kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to go ,and see the place but wife yad other plans. Going to Germantown ,OH to get
the puppy his shots. ( 3 hours one way )
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kendallville:

I wanted to go ,and see the place but wife yad other plans. Going to Germantown ,OH to get
the puppy his shots. ( 3 hours one way )

Isnt there any vets in your area?
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure but they want paid (far to much ) and it gets her out ( happy wife -well you know ).
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took some pictures,but of the cars in the barns. Not many cars/people showed up. BUT it still was worth it to go through the barns! Some time this summer I am taking my wife as she has missed it. It wasnt raining in Hickory Corners. I discovered a problem when I arrived. Low trans fluid. Luckily Delton is real close by and they have a NAPA store.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw your car didn't see you. We didn't stay too long because the boys were getting upset riding in the stroller. I think I might get the fiero out this week. I miss driving it.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: daily driver

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

I saw your car didn't see you. We didn't stay too long because the boys were getting upset riding in the stroller. I think I might get the fiero out this week. I miss driving it.

Sorry I missed you. I was going through the barns taking pictures. I now have my fathers camera and even though it is old it takes better pictures than the Nikon (cheap) that I have. So I was scurrying around to get to all the barns, buy my wife a coffee mug and leave by noon.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock