deformed by sun? by nibotolu
Started on: 04-29-2015 06:06 PM
Replies: 3 (161 views)
Last post by: tebailey on 04-29-2015 07:23 PM
nibotolu

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nibotoluSend a Private Message to nibotoluEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi guys.
i just want to ask is it true that if you sand the paint to the yellow plastic in a fender can it get deformed if its let directly to the rays of the sun?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not heard of it, but you get a lot more sun than I do. some front bumper covers get deformed. They are usually black, and in the southern US.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I doubt that many people sand a panel down like that and leave it outside, so don't expect many responses. The sun can have nasty affects on just about any non metallic part.

The front and rear fascia on the Fiero are prone to deformation from sun exposure, due to long term, age of the panel, temperature, and humidity. Even if they are keep in pristine condition.

Edit to add: Most Auto Manufacturers exposure test panels in Arizona, Texas, and Florida. Tests runs between 6 months and 5 years of exposure. Now keep in mind age of a part plays a role as well, and our cars certainly aren't virgins.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 04-29-2015).]

tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some plastics don't do well with UV.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock