Started on: 04-27-2015 10:14 PM
Replies: 25 (629 views)
Last post by: FTF Engineering on 05-24-2015 09:38 PM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is another excellent Fiero show sponsored by MAFOA in an interesting, small, historic Pennsylvania town near the Amish Country. The theme of this years event is upgrades, enhancements and modifications. Its a well known fact that Fiero owners can't leave their cars alone so this show should prove to be an interesting and informative one for all.

Date: Sunday May 24th, 2015 starting at 8:00 AM
Location: Lititz Springs Park, 24 N Broad St, Lititz, PA 17543
Theme: Fiero Upgrades and Enhancements

Registration and additional info here www.mafoa.com

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MAFOA Events

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2015 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is some more info for this great event, less than 3 weeks away!

Mid-Atlantic Fiero's Spring Classic 2015 will again be held this yeat at the LititzSpring Park and for anyone who has not been to this event in the past, it's a beautiful relaxed park setting with our own pavilion for the day. As in the past this event is a “bring-a-plate” picnic event oriented toward Fiero owners and family members and there is swap meet space available for buying, selling, and trading parts.

Date: Sunday May 24th, 2015 starting at 8:00 AM
Location: Lititz Springs Park, 24 N Broad St, Lititz, PA 17543
Theme: Fiero Upgrades and Enhancements

All Fiero owners are welcome! You don't need to be a MAFOA member to attend. The cost for registration is just $5 for club members and $10 for non-members and everyone should bring a dish and/or something to contribute to the prize table. Late registration the day of the show is $5 more.

The theme this year is "Fiero Upgrades and Enhancements" and the focus will be on showing and exchanging ideas, modifications, upgrades and personal enhancements. Methods of preserving "stock" elements are also very important. Planned details for the day are as follows:

Show-Off Upgrades and Enhancements:
8:00 AM to end. Cleaning / gleaming / streaming of ideas. Instead of competing for trophies, this year we ask all participants to make a list of enhancements, preservations and upgrades that they have made to their Fieros and post that list on their windshield. Placards for the lists will be provided at the registration table and the intent is to start conversations and sharing of ideas and modifications. Most will be interested in where to parts were obtained, costs and time involved, level of difficulty, etc.

Swap Meet:
8:00 AM to 2:30 PM. The MAFOA club will again be renting the large Reedy Pavilion towards the rear of the park. The pavilion has ample table space for both the picnic and for the display of Fiero parts, toys or literature to swap or sell. This is a good time to wheel and deal some of those unwanted or unused items that have been taking up space. It’s also a good time to pick up a few more desirable pieces for your collection.

Picnic:
12:00 Noon to end. Each participant should bring at least one dish to share on the food table. You may also bring as much of your "own” food as you like, but make sure you bring something that everyone can share. This sharing is what makes the picnic portion so enjoyable. Tom Derr (tom6derr@yahoo.com) will be coordinating the picnic tables, so please email him with what you would like to bring. Just use the subject line of “Picnic” and let him know so he can make sure we don't end up with ten pots of chicken stew and no bowls. As in previous years, the club will also be cooking dogs and burgers for a dollar donation each to help cover the expenses of the pavilion.

The Park Setting:
Lititz Spring Park is a gorgeous and historic setting. In spirit, the park began in May 1778 when its beauty and peaceful qualities were recognized by Tobias Hirte who laid out a special place for the town musicians to play. The park was also used by convalescing Revolutionary soldiers from the nearby Moravian Church. As early as 1811, Fourth of July celebrations were held at the park. These July 4th celebrations continue to this day as one of the oldest and best known celebrations in the country.

The park features a confluence of underground springs that emerge at one point. This point is enclosed by tall limestone walls and a stoned-banked oval is formed that creates a stream (Lititz Run) that flows through the park. The stream is fabulous with stone arch bridges and lots of ducks. The stream bank is lined with mature trees and the grounds are well groomed and include a band shell, toddler area, sand volley ball courts, a large gazebo, etc. At the entrance of the park, beautiful in its own right, is the old historic train station, now serving as a park and railroad museum. Behind the building is a restored caboose that may be toured as well. Check out www.lititzspringspark.org for lots of other details.

The Town of Lititz:
The town of Lititz is also absolutely fabulous. This town was founded in 1756 and is world renowned for not only the park, but also for the historic houses. You can step back to the 1700’s by touring some of these homes:

- The Sturgis Pretzel House, the first pretzel bakery in America still set up as in days of olde. You can even twist your own pretzels.

- The Johannes Mueller House which is maintained inside and out in that time era.

- The Schropp House next door which has become the home of the LititzHistorical Foundation and contains a collection of early Lititz artifacts.

- The Woerner (Community Cooper, Bleeder and Tooth Drawer) House which is "as built" except for the dormers added.

- The Zum Anker Inn 1764 (now called the General Sutter Inn) which is one of the longest continuous operating Inns in the US of A; the General Sutter House, built in 1871 by John Augustus Sutter. He’s the fellow that had a Mexican land grant (now the city of Sacremento) in the Sacramento Valley, he was deprived of his land when the US government did not recognize his claim (the fact the “California Gold Rush” was on his property might have had a little to do with it). In poor health and nearly bankrupt he moved to Lititz in hopes of finding some relief for his ailments in the park springs.

- The Linden Hall School for Girls founded in 1746 is the oldest girls’ resident school in the U.S, this school was and still is run by the Moravian Church; the Moravian Church which was deeded 491 acres in 1756 by John Klein for the purpose of organizing a church settlement to be named Lititz. For its first 100 years only members of the Moravian Church were permitted to live in town. The Moravian Square features the Brothers’ House, the Church, the Parsonage, and the Sisters’ House, as well as more modern building used in support of the church and Linden Hall.

There are a lot more historic homes to be viewed, but not to be missed is the fine array of antique stores, arts and crafts shops and small businesses throughout the town. Great shopping. There is much history to be absorbed, but rest assured this town is rich in history and tradition and is proud of its heritage. It is a walk back in time in a town filled with charm where folks all know one another and community is still alive. Check out www.ShopLititz.com for more details and directions.

All of the above is easily within comfortable walking distance as the Park is in the town itself. And hey... for you chocolate lovers... The Wilbur Chocolate Factory / Museum / Store is right beside the Park (admission free). Good place for the chocolate-philes to go while the Fiero folks talk car and shop. Check it out at www.WilburBuds.com.

So there's lots to do, both at the park and in town, and it's going to be a great event. Dust off the Fieros and here's hoping for another great Spring Classic!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2015 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is really a fun show to attend and it also makes a great day trip . There is something in historic Lititz that should appeal to just about everyone. Tour an early1900s CNJ restored caboose, see the railroad station rebuilt to the original turn of the century appearance, visit the Wilbur Chocolate Factory, Stoltzfus Pretzels, Antique shops, while enjoying the car show. All attractions in this small town are close by and its a short walk from the park to everything.
The theme is upgrades and enhancement. Many of us have quite a few and would gladly provide info on how they are done and where to find the materials/parts. Cruise on out and enjoy your Fiero and the day with fellow hobbyists.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2015 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a busy weekend for me but if I can squeeze the time in I'll try and make it. I was just in Litiz last month for the first time ever. The Penn Cinema theater was selling off their old seats and I bought a few. It really is a nice area. It's a solid hour and a half drive for me and it sounds like it would be fun. I'll try and work it out.
FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2015 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LostNotForgotton:

The Penn Cinema theater was selling off their old seats and I bought a few.

OK, I just has'ta know... Sounds cool, but why? :-)
LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2015 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FTF Engineering:

OK, I just has'ta know... Sounds cool, but why? :-)

Well since you asked...Fiero's are my #1 passion. My #2 passions is home theater. Ever since high school I've wanted to own one. A few years ago I designed a three room basement and finished it all by myself. I built a theater as one room but I had a couch in there because I couldn't afford theater seating. I have a brother-in-law in Gap, PA who happen to see on FB that Penn Cinema was selling off there old seats at $10 a peace so I bought 12.

This is my theater before...

After I bought the seats it took me two weeks to build three risers and wire in lights. I did post some of these pics to Penn Cinema FB page sometime back in April so they could see how I put them to use.

And just for the fun of it, since we're in my basement this is where all the Fiero videos are produced. Also in the pic is a MAME (arcade) I built but still needs some cosmetic finishing. There are 112 arcade games loaded in to it.

FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2015 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's way cool. I was thinking that might have been the use for the seats, but I never imagined it would be that extensive of an install. That's awesome!

Next step... Put in some hydraulics and move the seats around like in a simulator. See if you can get anyone to hurl.
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2015 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FTF Engineering

710 posts
Member since Sep 2001
What's that Star Wars ride at Disney? Where they pack you into a shuttle piloted by a droid and you get caught up in a space battle?
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Next step is ready for install: http://www.d-box.com/en/consumer . Fantastic for gaming too!
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is interested, a couple of us will be cruising up to the Lititz meet together. We will be meeting at the Wawa, 204 Connolly Rd Belair Rd Fallston, MD 21047 between 5:30am and 5:45am. It will be at a casual paced cruise and should take us just about 2 hours to get there. So if you're going to Lititz and you're an early bird, feel free to join us. We'll be leaving the lot at 6:00am.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Strangely enough, we're going to be in New York this weekend. Might try to talk the wife into making this...
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no2pencil

1523 posts
Member since Oct 2009

Originally posted by LostNotForgotton:
Also in the pic is a MAME (arcade) I built but still needs some cosmetic finishing. There are 112 arcade games loaded in to it.

I challenge you to a game of Street Fighter II
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no2pencil

1523 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Sounds like this is a probability. I assume you take registrations day of? I understand it's $5 extra...
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dajack761:

If anyone is interested, a couple of us will be cruising up to the Lititz meet together. We will be meeting at the Wawa, 204 Connolly Rd Belair Rd Fallston, MD 21047 between 5:30am and 5:45am. It will be at a casual paced cruise and should take us just about 2 hours to get there. So if you're going to Lititz and you're an early bird, feel free to join us. We'll be leaving the lot at 6:00am.

I'd like to do something like this, but I'm showing about 1:15 going up 222 the whole way. Anybody interested in leaving closer to 7? I usually wouldn't make a big deal but my girlfriend is having a big graduation party late late the night prior

[This message has been edited by grkboy707 (edited 05-20-2015).]

FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! Gotta do what you gotta do!
LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

I challenge you to a game of Street Fighter II

Challenge accepted I have that game and just about all the other Street Fighter games too!
LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LostNotForgotton

186 posts
Member since Dec 2014
I'll probably be another one who may have to pony up the extra $5 the day of. It's going to be a busy weekend and I hope to make it out there.
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds like this is a probability. I assume you take registrations day of? I understand it's $5 extra...

Yes sir! Hope to see you there!

MAFOA BOD
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dajack761:

I changed my mind, I'm better off just not sleeping anyway and getting there bright and early lol. Will we be taking 222? Very pretty route!
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

I changed my mind, I'm better off just not sleeping anyway and getting there bright and early lol. Will we be taking 222? Very pretty route!

I use to say "sleep is over rated" when I wore a young mans clothes, now, not so much. We will be taking 222 if you want to meet us along the way, that would be great. The route is quite scenic. Garry will be leading the way on this trip, so I'll get the full details from him and post them in this thread.
RockDorkette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RockDorketteSend a Private Message to RockDorketteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick questions. Is that registration fee per person or per car and is it too late to preregister?
PFF
System Bot
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registration is per car, and no it's not too late to pre-register.

Registration and additional info here www.mafoa.com

Hoping you can make it!! Saw your note on the Brown Fiero thread and I'm guessing that's the car you'll be bringing? Hope so! Beautiful car!!
RockDorkette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockDorketteSend a Private Message to RockDorketteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for answering. Just sent our registration and payment. Yep we are bringing the brown GT. It's the only fiero we currently own until we win the lottery. Then I might get a purple one for myself
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dajack, you have an email.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dajack, you have an email.

Got and sent you a reply. Give me a call when you can.
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was an unbelievably beautiful day for a Fiero show!!

Great cars, great food, great turnout! Fantastic day. The Mid-Atlantic region was well represented today. We had cars from:

I even think we may have had a car from VA, but I didn't get to snap a license pic.

Here's a couple of the field:

It was great to see everyone and hope it happens again soon!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock