Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Shops that will do turn key engine swaps?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Shops that will do turn key engine swaps? by 86Zimmer
Started on: 04-27-2015 09:24 PM
Replies: 10 (1070 views)
Last post by: Slammed on 04-30-2015 07:48 AM
86Zimmer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86ZimmerSend a Private Message to 86ZimmerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all, I will finally be returning to the States later this year after 4+ years stationed in Japan. I would like to get my grandfathers zimmer restored. Definitely want a v8 swap or 3800 swap. I would love to tackle this myself, however I am leaning towards taking it to someone to put it together. Car is currently sitting with the engine half torn down after the cradle was installed to store the car. Any shops or people that do full installs? What do they cost these days?

thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your service. Check out GMTuners.com he has done lots of 3800 swaps and some LS4 swaps as well. Will love seeing a restored Zimmer, still on my bucket list to own one.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Turn key swaps can still be had but they are labor intensive projects and can be expensive. There are a couple of guys on this forum that can do them but your location will influence your decision. State your location, budget and what you are seeking, keep this post active and you should get a response.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 04-27-2015).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey....a Zimmer with a 3800. Now that's a cool idea!
86Zimmer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86ZimmerSend a Private Message to 86ZimmerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys thanks for the responses. Yes, my Grandfather actually traded in his not even a year old Fiero GT in 1986/87 and bought the Quicksilver. We went everywhere in the car and always people stopping and asking what it was "is that a buick?" lol. It was great. Yeah they are some WTF looking cars, but I swear to you guys to be in one and pull up at a gas station is a damn event. When I was towing the car from Alabama to Nebraska I had people gawking, asking questions and when I got the car into my garage....still on he uhaul just halfway in the garage, a complete damn stranger that lived down the street steps into my garage to take a peek and I'm looking at him like uh....wtf?

I just want it running and running well. I can redo the interior myself and get it painted and what not, will look rather ratrodish initially but that is ok,
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum, Zimmer!

It would be great to see who/where engine swaps and quality Fiero work can be done.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome...lets chat sometime...been at looking to do my own Quicksilver for about a year now!

Zimmer Quicksilver with a 3800-SC engine

Amida G1 Interior upgrade

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000091-54.html

and Project retrofits headlight upgrade:

http://www.projectorretrofi...-60mm-full-time-low/

and a rear view mirror from an Infinti G37 to add auto-dim, digital compass, and HomeLink in one easy swap

would be Re-PIMP'd out Quicksilver!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum. A fast Zimmer would be sweet.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just be careful when finding a shop offering a turn key swap as there are several "mechanics" that may offer that service, but fail to do a good timely job. Expect to pay a goodly amount of $$. I have always liked the Zimmer, but the stock 2.8L engine didn't meet the needs of that car. It was designed to be a cruiser, not a road racer/dragster. An engine swap (3800SC or V8) I'd suggest upgrade the suspension while it is in the shop.

The only one that I would trust for a V8 swap would be V8 Archie, who is "semi" retired, now in Las Vegas.
86Zimmer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86ZimmerSend a Private Message to 86ZimmerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I will just stay on the look out for a well swapped Fiero for the right price, and I'll just swap everything over myself. Probably come out cheaper doing it that way. I search all the time but rarely find complete cars, hell I would even go for a part out car. So if anyone knows of anything, keep me in mind.
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where are you coming back to?
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock