Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What parts do you want to see reproduced?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What parts do you want to see reproduced? by Slammed
Started on: 04-25-2015 12:09 AM
Replies: 28 (899 views)
Last post by: robert1234 on 11-19-2016 10:43 AM
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We recently announced that we will be selling replica tail light lenses and eventually sail panels (if those aren't already being made by the time we get to it)

We have the ability to replicate any plastic part on the Fiero. This includes anything in the interior. Where is there a void? What still isn't being made?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Off the top of my head...

The entire center console stack, from the back window to the optional gauge pod. Especially the parts with the foam backing that swells and warps.

The dashboard, window to window.

A and B pillar interior trim.

Under-console skeleton (needs to be made is something more durable than ABS, I think...nylon might work).

I'd actually like to see tempered glass sail panels.

T-top weatherstrip (perhaps not technically plastic)

Trunk and sunroof seals.

Passenger and driver door seals.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not exactly plastic, but yes, both door seals.

The glove boxes, like TFS used to sell, only thicker, with a latch that matches the center glove box.

Shift surround.
Carcenomy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can replicate *ANY* piece of plastic?

OH MY GOD man the T-top specific stuff. There isn't that many T-tops, yeah I know, but the interior plastics are absolutely obscenely priced. The most important ones are the four corner trims - they also incorporate the mounting points where the tops pin to. Those points become brittle and shatter, leaving sloppy tops that leak. Replacement caps are extremely cost prohibitive - considering the size of the piece, it's hard to justify $600 for NOS parts. I don't know if my car is ever going to see the road again or I'd be in the process of attempting to scan what's left of my own to have some printed, the situation is that bad.

Otherwise like everyone else it's things like the console skeleton, shifter surround, radio surround, glovebox door, the glovebox that Pisa/FieroStore used to do but not so flimsy.

------------------

rednotdead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rednotdeadSend a Private Message to rednotdeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to second those requests for vinyl foam-backed panels that seem to universally warp. Including the glove compartment.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

Off the top of my head...

The entire center console stack, from the back window to the optional gauge pod. Especially the parts with the foam backing that swells and warps.

The dashboard, window to window.

A and B pillar interior trim.

Under-console skeleton (needs to be made is something more durable than ABS, I think...nylon might work).

I'd actually like to see tempered glass sail panels.

T-top weatherstrip (perhaps not technically plastic)

Trunk and sunroof seals.

Passenger and driver door seals.

Slammed, you would be the Fiero Hero if you can reproduce some of these long lost parts!

This is a good list; just about sums it up, even if some parts aren't technically plastic. I thought TFS sold trunk and sunroof seals though.... T top seals were never reproduced ever I believe.

I know they aren't made of plastic, but the only other real major part off the top of my head right now are OEM quality front wheel bearings for an 88, the aftermarket ones aren't of great quality and don't stand up well to abuse!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

If you can replicate *ANY* piece of plastic?

OH MY GOD man the T-top specific stuff. There isn't that many T-tops, yeah I know, but the interior plastics are absolutely obscenely priced. The most important ones are the four corner trims - they also incorporate the mounting points where the tops pin to. Those points become brittle and shatter, leaving sloppy tops that leak. Replacement caps are extremely cost prohibitive - considering the size of the piece, it's hard to justify $600 for NOS parts. I don't know if my car is ever going to see the road again or I'd be in the process of attempting to scan what's left of my own to have some printed, the situation is that bad.

Otherwise like everyone else it's things like the console skeleton, shifter surround, radio surround, glovebox door, the glovebox that Pisa/FieroStore used to do but not so flimsy.

There are a lot more t tops than you think. The kits sold 84-91 well out number the 88 models and many are either in use but need replacement parts or are not in use waiting for the parts to be found or reproduced.

All plastic parts and gaskets are needed but the trick it to do it at a price that Fiero people will pay. That is where this gets stopped often.

As for plastic the interior is in need just about anywhere as many of these cars the interior plastics did not hold up well. Also dashes are so often broken on the corners and other places. Interiors of all the 80's cars are failing and few parts are being reproduced outside a Camaro or Corvette.
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

As for plastic the interior is in need just about anywhere as many of these cars the interior plastics did not hold up well. Also dashes are so often broken on the corners and other places. Interiors of all the 80's cars are failing and few parts are being reproduced outside a Camaro or Corvette.

+1 ^^^^^

some new interior A and B pillar trim around would be nice; I know mine aren't in all that good of shape...

Also a new radio/hvac control bezel (the one with the vents) would be good too since corners break and finding replacements in good shape are harder to come by.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 04-25-2015).]

no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Re-purpose the ash tray.
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The front air dam on the 87-88 coupes/formulas. The lower black trim piece.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Center console skeleton. Maybe a piece that fits between the Firebird dash and the Fiero windshield.
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once specific idea is the surround on the shifter both auto and manual These take a beating and if you can make an OE replacement it may prove popular.

Just look at e bay and see what they are charging for junk that is beat to death. New OE NOS ones will go for around $200. If you can beat that price many people will like this. But it must be OE looking so people do not have to change the entire interior surfaces.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hiwil88formula:

I don't know the 87-88 nose enough to know, is the air dam the same design as the 84-86 bumperpad air dam? If so that's even better - we need those too.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know the 87-88 nose enough to know, is the air dam the same design as the 84-86 bumperpad air dam? If so that's even better - we need those too.

The later ones are different. It's just a 3-4" black extension, that goes around the bottom of the bumper cover.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-26-2015).]

Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also vote for the front lower lip for the 84-85 Bumperpad notchbacks.

Mine looks like it has a chipped tooth, from the original owner hitting a parking curb.
With the 84 and 85 combined production numbers comprising close to half of overall Fiero's pruduced, there must be quite a few of us that need this part.

------------------
Marko.

'85 SE 2M6 Muncie 4 speed.
a.k.a "The Rumble Seat"

FieroCat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCatSend a Private Message to FieroCatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Center console skeleton replacements definitely needed. Made stronger so they don't become so brittle.

I second the foam console parts, perhaps also in alternative materials/textures for more interior customization? If done with a material that is easier/cheaper to mold instead of the foam, it might make more sense. And the plastic gauge/radio/shift face plates. I want a wood grain set but 350 bucks is a tad pricy.

------------------
My Fiero: 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, V6, 4-speed manual

zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TFS stopped making the Holley air intake. If you could make one that has a screen in it, because the old ones would end up having rocks.

I realize that might be hard considering you'd have to make one from scratch but it makes the Fiero look better, and it might help in performance .00001% as well
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by Shho13:[/B

Everybody knows what happens to FIERO HEROS. To name a few fastfiero's, Whodennie. Etc.

Slammed, you would be the Fiero Hero if you can reproduce some of these long lost parts!

This is a good list; just about sums it up, even if some parts aren't technically plastic. I thought TFS sold trunk and sunroof seals though.... T top seals were never reproduced ever I believe.

I know they aren't made of plastic, but the only other real major part off the top of my head right now are OEM quality front wheel bearings for an 88, the aftermarket ones aren't of great quality and don't stand up well to abuse!

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its not plastic, but it would be great if someone could produce a carbon fiber space frame for the Fiero.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Its not plastic, but it would be great if someone could produce a carbon fiber space frame for the Fiero.

You mean create the entire vehicle space frame out of carbon fiber?? Any idea how much that would cost? Not to mention how great it would hold up in a collision..

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lighter weight or "race weight" body panels?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-27-2015).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The seat belt guide / seat spring cover whatcha-macallit

Would it be beneficial to make the parts that commonly deform and we currently gorilla glue back together, out of harder plastic?
The outer shifter surround, radio surround, glove box door?

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Ya and price it to where a it would not be 25 times the value of a Fiero LOL!.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

6000 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by 2.5:

The seat belt guide / seat spring cover whatcha-macallit

Would it be beneficial to make the parts that commonly deform and we currently gorilla glue back together, out of harder plastic?
The outer shifter surround, radio surround, glove box door?

The belt guide and hinge cover I think you are speaking of is already available at the Fiero store and they are reasonable in all colors if you need one.
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too would be interested in the lower air dam for 87-88 coupes. These are hard to find and very easy to break.

Originally posted by hiwil88formula:

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1. I'd like to see a complete drop in GT headliner, one that doesn't warp or distort in summer temperatures in the cockpit.
2. a "Half moon" speedometer console like the one used on the 90 Fiero prototype. It looks so much more modern than the dated rectangular speedometer console used in all year Fieros. Aftermarket or later model GM gauges could be used and are plentiful in the bone yards

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 04-27-2015).]

Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We've knocked out a GT lens solution which we all know are for sale and have nearly completed notchie lenses, shifter and stereo surrounds and pillar trim which will all be ready before years end. The skeleton will happen eventually but is low on the list due to difficulty and what people are willing to pay for it. It's something that isn't seen and can be glued,welded etc.

Next is the custom console, gauges and door panels which has it's own thread.

Someone suggested a glove box which may happen sooner than the above. Figuring this out right now, could be ready by the end of the year.

We are thinking Aus 2 style scoops as they aren't being made anymore but are running out of product ideas. Input is greatly appreciated!
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The trim piece that hold the carpet in at the door. Every one I have looked at to replace mine the screw portion is broke. Not sure this s a great description might have to post a picture.
robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, this forum is awesome !
United you can move mountains !

What I'd like has already been posted.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock