Up an coming collectable cars by hiwil88formula
Started on: 04-16-2015 02:49 PM
Replies: 11 (1352 views)
Last post by: IanT720 on 04-21-2015 03:06 PM
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our little wonder made the list. http://money.cnn.com/galler...-classic-cars/8.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! A dead-ringer for mine. Same color even (medium red metallic).

I printed the page in color, and stuck it on the wall here at the office....
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like seeing them on these lists. The haters don't understand the cars (as discussed at length in a previous thread). That over 300,000 were made does make the collectability somewhat questionable, but we know they are great, fun, affordable cars.
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not bad to be on a short list of 9 cars.

Interesting that it's the only one on the list that does not include the approx. cost today.
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if the pre-88 cars will ever be collectible??
Black84originalowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black84originalownerSend a Private Message to Black84originalownerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They made something like a million 65 Mustangs. Just last year my brother purchased a 65 Mustang stripper model in medium to rough shape for 4 x new cost (~ 2300$)=~9k. So obviously in ~ 19 years I will be able to sell my 84 for ~4 x new = $40,000 Yahoo! But I do have to wonder if I could actually even go thru with it and sell her for that? I will wait and see, maybe first $50k offer will get me to think about it!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

I wonder if the pre-88 cars will ever be collectible??

To anyone who is fine with the factory handling difference, sure. When you get outside of the Fiero enthusiasts many folks dont know anything about the pre 88 differences, they just think they all look cool and are fun to drive. Some dont even know the fastbacks are Fieros.
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

To anyone who is fine with the factory handling difference, sure. When you get outside of the Fiero enthusiasts many folks dont know anything about the pre 88 differences, they just think they all look cool and are fun to drive. Some dont even know the fastbacks are Fieros.

Those anyones would be the people interested in collecting the cars; they will decidedly know. But even if (and that's definitely if) the 88s become something people collect and put in their stables, that would make the 'lesser' models more desirable as well.

But the GT tail light thing is going to become a bugaboo; not a lot of people will pay $5k or $10k for a car and then be excited to go out and spend $1000-$2000 for a decent set of tail lights. Then again, maybe if there's demand for them at $2000/set, someone will figure out how to make them for that.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fact is they all will be collectable but that does not mean valuable. Corvarirs have been collector cars for years but not always worth much.

An 88 will be the car to show a little more value like a Convertible Monza Turbo is. Next the other GT models will retain value well. Then any V6 car will be just under them.

Finally any 4 will depend solely on condition but till will be limited in value accept for the pace car. Just too many vs. demand.

T tops in good condition will be of extra value and they will not have to be CJB cars as the truth is they are all the same. Just being in a 88 will be the extra value not the code per say.

Some modified car will retain value like the DGP cars that were built correctly. If they are real DGP even more if you can document it. Older options and special bolt on parts will add to the value too. The things you can't find anymore in good condition will be special as this car was made for many of these parts and many were advertised.

Rare options like the power steering, indy scoop, 1990 emblems or like the car that had the 1990 interior that was just sold will hold some special value. But even with that values will remain modest but slowly grow.

The fact is 30 years is not really that old. I remember when the 55-57 Chevys were 30 years old the values were also modest.

The one thing we do have is few cars from the 80's are seen as collectable. Corvettes are cheap. Camaro, Trans Am And Mustang prices are not great. The Monte SS and GN in all original condition does gather some interest. The Fiero will be in the group. Most other MFG had noting to offer. A Shelby GLH and that was about it.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Barrett-Jackson Fieros

1988 PONTIAC FIERO COUPE - Barrett-Jackson Auction Company ...
For sale at auction: Lot #3 - The Pontiac Fiero was a mid-engined sports car that was built by the Pontiac division of General Motors from 1984 to 1988. The Fiero ...
http://www.barrett-jackson....C-FIERO-COUPE-101697

PONTIAC FIERO GOODWRENCH RACE CAR - Barrett-Jackson ...
For sale at auction: Lot #1610 - Ran in IMSA E-Class and sponsored by Goodwrench Performance Parts (Pontiac Motor Sports Division). THIS IS A CONCEPT ...
http://www.barrett-jackson....RENCH-RACE-CAR-71896

1988 PONTIAC FIERO GT 2 DOOR HARDTOP - Barrett-Jackson ...
For sale at auction: Lot #612 - 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, white in color, gray interior. V6, 5-speed, all power options, air conditioning, lumbar seats, power mirrors, ...
http://www.barrett-jackson....2-DOOR-HARDTOP-43871

1984 PONTIAC FIERO INDY PACE CAR COUPE - Barrett-Jackson ...
For sale at auction: Lot #20 - The Fiero was the Indianapolis pace car for the 68th annual Indy 500 race in May of 1984. All factory paint and interior, less then ...
http://www.barrett-jackson....PACE-CAR-COUPE-81826

1984 PONTIAC FIERO 2 DOOR CONVERTIBLE - Barrett-Jackson ...
For sale at auction: Lot #46 - A one of one- GM commissioned convertible prototype built by ASC and Metal Crafters in southern California. Less than 300 miles.
http://www.barrett-jackson....OR-CONVERTIBLE-43250

1987 PONTIAC FIERO GT CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE - Barrett ...
For sale at auction: Lot #1065 - A Valcar convertible version of the Fiero. THIS IS A CONCEPT VEHICLE. NEITHER GM NOR BARRETT-JACKSON MAKE ANY ...
http://www.barrett-jackson....OM-CONVERTIBLE-72048

BOTH convertible prototypes now in Calgary with same owner.

1984 PONTIAC FIERO GT 2+2 COUPE - Barrett-Jackson Auction ...
For sale at auction: Lot #909.1 - A Pontiac experiment to explore a 2 + 2 Fiero. Fabricated by Valcar. THIS IS A MODIFIED VEHICLE. NEITHER GM NOR ...
http://www.barrett-jackson....GT-2And2-COUPE-72042

1987 PONTIAC FIERO CUSTOM COUPE - Barrett-Jackson Auction ...
For sale at auction: Lot #11.2 - Powered by a 2.5 Liter V6 engine with a 5-speed manual transmission and rides on Goodyear Eagle Tires - front: 155x70x17 and ...
http://www.barrett-jackson....O-CUSTOM-COUPE-75056

1988 PONTIAC FIERO 2 DOOR - Barrett-Jackson Auction Company ...
Vehicle is like brand knew, right off the show room floor. Pristine condition, only 965 miles!
http://www.barrett-jackson....C-FIERO-2-DOOR-22423

1985 PONTIAC FIERO GT PPG PACE CAR - Barrett-Jackson ...
For sale at auction: Lot #409 - Equipped with a 2.5 Liter V6 with 4-speed manual transmission and Goodyear Eagle tires. Also features a leather interior and ...
http://www.barrett-jackson....T-PPG-PACE-CAR-75174

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 04-21-2015).]

tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
Some dont even know the fastbacks are Fieros.

Some guy called my fastback a Trans Am once! He found it unusual it was a Fiero.
PFF
System Bot
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think its cool, and frankly I'm not that surprised. Seems Fiero's are getting more respect now a days... Most people only know of the Fiero as a Notchie Coupe, they always ask what my Fastback is... I think Pre-88 can be tastefully upgraded, and might bring decent money in the future. Who wants a stock Supra, the built ones go for lots... Im glad I have an 87, I don't mind chopping it all up . Then again I don't plan to ever sell it. Its cheap enough, definitely not worth it to sell.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock