84 Indy "500" video by paced84
Started on: 04-15-2015 08:20 PM
Replies: 11 (536 views)
Last post by: Kitskaboodle on 04-27-2015 12:14 AM
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have this video from IMS 84 "500" ? Had one but can not locate it.

Ron T

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you want the actual VHS, sorry I'm not much help
If you just want to watch the race, try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c19tvE6eGA
paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking for this video from IMS Indy "500" think it was about 1/2 hr

Ron T

------------------

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Contact IMS directly.

I know that the IMS gift shop used to keep a lot of old stock of this stuff. They may even have all the old race films updated onto DVD now.
Many times in the past I have used them to get 8 X 10 copies of vintage Indy Car photos.

Which reminds me, they probably still have the official Fiero Indy Pace Car photos. I know that they will make copies for a fee.

http://shop.ims.com/contact-us/

1-800-955-4639

By the way, I was at that race working on a pit crew that year!

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-16-2015).]

kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

By the way, I was at that race working on a pit crew that year!

That's super cool (to me at least) Which car? What was your reaction when Pat Bedard had his crash?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

That's super cool (to me at least) Which car? What was your reaction when Pat Bedard had his crash?

I crewed for Pancho Carter, (car #10) that year.
Honestly, I don't recall Bedard's crash affecting me much at all at the time.

Back in 1973 I crewed for the Dayton Walther Team when Salt Walther had his spectacular crash at the race start.
Both Salt and his Dad were a-holes, but I didn't like seeing him get hurt like he did. His hands were pretty badly burned after that.
Seeing the tub of that chassis sliding upside down along the front straight spraying fuel everywhere with Salt's feet sticking out of the front of it is an image I'll never forget...

Swede Savage's fatal crash...That affected me a lot.

In 1964 I was with my Dad at the Indy race as a spectator and watched Dave MacDonald and Eddie Sachs crash and burn to death in their cars right in front of us.
That horrifying image has never left me after all these years.
Swede was someone I knew and liked and his death in the similar way MacDonald and Sachs died really hit me.

My nephew now drives Indy Lights for Sam Schmidt, (Schmidt Peterson Motorsports).

https://www.facebook.com/RCEnersonRacing

He will be driving in the Lights races in the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach this weekend.

He will be driving INDY CAR next year.

My younger brother is also a team owner: www.teameracing.com

(Lots of motor racing background in our family...)

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-17-2015).]

paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought I would try again. Thanks for looking.
Ron T

------------------

zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How fast was the Fiero Pace Car? Anyone have a good guess on the 0-60 or even 1/4 mile? I assume it was quicker than 15.7
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:

How fast was the Fiero Pace Car? Anyone have a good guess on the 0-60 or even 1/4 mile? I assume it was quicker than 15.7

Ask John Callies. He drove the pace car for the start of the race.

What I recall was that everyone seemed concerned all month about the low speed of the Fiero in comparison to the Indy Cars for the start of the race so they gave the Fiero a HUGE head start on the field.
The pace car was almost a full 1/2 lap, (1.25 miles), ahead of the front row at the start.
I remember seeing the Fiero pace car parked at the end of pit row and seeing John standing *out* of the car before the front row of the field crossed the start line and took the green flag.

I believe I have seen some old video that briefly shows the pace car parked at the end of pit row when the race cars come across the line at the start.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-20-2015).]

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
0-60 in 6.2 sec. 1/4 mile 14.6 @ 96 mph. Top speed 144mph with a 3.54 final drive ratio. The car ran a four lap certification average of 136 mph at IMS.

Fred
paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking for the video. Anyone have it?

RT

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
paced84......please check your PM's.
Thanks, Kit

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock