Driving a naked Fiero by 5.7Fiero
Started on: 04-15-2015 08:24 AM
Replies: 11 (848 views)
Last post by: Stubby79 on 04-18-2015 11:06 AM
5.7Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 5.7FieroSend a Private Message to 5.7FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many of you guys have driven your/a fiero with no body panels? I'm in the process of getting a 350 swapped fiero back on the road but the bodies pretty ratty, and I am a huge fan of the new Polaris slingshots. What'd you guys think? Summer fun or stupid idea?

Thanks,
Chase
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never done nor seen anyone do it, but it would probably only be a fair weather car. For weather protection, the roof would need to be retained. There is nothing to prevent the elements from reaching the back of the inside door panels, and air pressure in the front compartment would and fender areas would probably force rainwater through any openings around the door hinges and any place a pedal push rod, cable, wiring harness or hose passes through the front firewall.

HarryT in South Carolina Baha'd a Fiero, but I think he only used it for off-road playing. He's on this forum, so you might be able to contact him for pics or other info, through a PM.
5.7Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 5.7FieroSend a Private Message to 5.7FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be in az and either way it'll only be a fair weather car as I have a Ford Ranger as a daily. I'm not worried about rain/etc. A Baja'd fiero? I'll definitely be checking that out, thanks for the tip.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back in 2005 or 2006 FieroFarm in MO drove a panel less fiero to Fierorama. There are a few things you have to keep in place for it to be road legal, but its certainly possible.

5.7Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 5.7FieroSend a Private Message to 5.7FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm this sounds like it may just be do able. I'm thinking oval led trailer taillights, and motorcycle street fighter headlights and turn signals up front.
hetterbr

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hetterbrSend a Private Message to hetterbrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to find my pictures.

But when I was restoring it, I had finally gotten it running, so decided to take it out for a rip. it had no body panels, no doors, no interior, and no sunroof.

I was sitting on a milk crate to drive it. I had my head sticking out of the sunroof. It was late December and there was snow on the ground and it was quite cold.

The kids thought I looked like Fred Flintstone driving his car.

It wasn't legal, but it sure was fun.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Back in 2005 or 2006 FieroFarm in MO drove a panel less fiero to Fierorama. There are a few things you have to keep in place for it to be road legal, but its certainly possible.

Paul.... you beat me to it! Todd told me that all he did was add the 2 red reflectors on the rear bumper and put on a roof panel so that he could seal the top in the rain. Otherwise completely drivable and surprisingly, still street legal (at least in MO and IL).
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003
My first double post. Sorry guys.....

[This message has been edited by R Runner (edited 04-15-2015).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What was the MPG?
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any guess on what a naked Fiero weighs?
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Haze drove and showed a naked Fiero back in about '00.
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2015 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thesameguy:

Any guess on what a naked Fiero weighs?

About 200 lbs less than stock.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock