Started on: 04-10-2015 08:29 AM
Replies: 20 (483 views)
Last post by: Joseph on 04-12-2015 07:52 PM
proff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crikey mate I'd give him $500 right now if he could put it on a boat and send it to NZ for me! It's rough as guts but screaming 'save me'

------------------

proff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

Crikey mate I'd give him $500 right now if he could put it on a boat and send it to NZ for me! It's rough as guts but screaming 'save me'

I might go and take a look at it in the morning
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep me in the loop, I'm going to be on the hunt for another Fiero soon, I imagine importing from Aussie would work out cheaper than from the States directly
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ad says its an '88, but its not, judging by the exhaust heatshield, the strut attachment nuts, the seats, the two-tone paint....

Dig the zipper closure on the front compartment cover!
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Ad says its an '88, but its not, judging by the exhaust heatshield, the strut attachment nuts, the seats, the two-tone paint....

Dig the zipper closure on the front compartment cover!

Unless it's had an engine replacement I'm going to go with 1987 GT. What I can't work out (and this is consistent!) is why at such low mileage it's in such a horrific condition! Both of mine are the same - the '87 had 48k on it when I bought it and needed a pile of work to get it driveable, the '86 had 63k and had clearly had a rebuild and a bunch of shadetree repairs to parts that should never have needed modified! Is it just because the mechanics down in our part of the world in the 90s when these cars were fresh imports were that inept?
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2015 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy:
Unless it's had an engine replacement I'm going to go with 1987 GT. What I can't work out (and this is consistent!) is why at such low mileage it's in such a horrific condition! Both of mine are the same - the '87 had 48k on it when I bought it and needed a pile of work to get it driveable, the '86 had 63k and had clearly had a rebuild and a bunch of shadetree repairs to parts that should never have needed modified! Is it just because the mechanics down in our part of the world in the 90s when these cars were fresh imports were that inept?

There are plenty over here with about that much mileage on them, and in similar condition.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Park it under a tree, and that is what you get after all this time.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brake booster is on the wrong side, but valve remains in original location. Odd washer fluid reservoir.

Yes, it's an '87. I've seen others in the US in worse condition, with similar miles.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2015 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Brake booster is on the wrong side, but valve remains in original location. Odd washer fluid reservoir.

Yes, it's an '87. I've seen others in the US in worse condition, with similar miles.

Well, it's a RHD conversion. I doubt the brake booster would be useful on the passenger side. The washer fluid reservoir is due to the need to move the brake master to the other side, and the large stock reservoir wouldn't fit; nor could it easily mount on the other side, as it's molded specifically around the shape of the wheel well on that side.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As long as the rear frame, frame rails, especially the upper ones that you cannot really see, are good and there's not too much rust else where then anything else replaceable/fixable so as long as you don't mind spending a bit on it, I'd say it's worth it.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to know more about that zipper'd weatherstripping up front...
Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

Me, too. That looks really cool.

I bought my '87 Coupe with 191,000 miles (307,000 km) on it for $500 and it was in similar shape to this one. I think I got a great deal on it, so this one looks like a great one, too, in my humble opinion.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It suffered when it went through the time warp.
Look at the posting date 08/04/2015
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aus needs a new one!
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

Add me to the list. And the front turn/driving lights. The fascia looks to have larger turn signal openings to accommodate the lights.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Add me to the list. And the front turn/driving lights. The fascia looks to have larger turn signal openings to accommodate the lights.

The turn/driving lights are to do with Australian ADR compliance, on this side of the pond we tend to let folk continue to use the lighting (headlights themselves excepted) as they shipped with OEM, the DOT knew a thing or two anyway, right? Australia's not so gentle, even if it complies everywhere else it might not comply there.

I'm equally confused about the proportioning valve being on the left, every RHD conversion I've seen personally has had it on the right with the booster.
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know I've seen that zippered cover before. Don't know where though.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2015 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you buy it?
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2015 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting place for a subwoofer on another Fiero in that same site.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s...-gt-coupe/1060775320

Joseph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2015 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JosephSend a Private Message to JosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Interesting place for a subwoofer on another Fiero in that same site.

That's odd placement.. I could see sealing the unit and mounting in that area then porting it to each footwell though.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock