Max number of pics in a single post? by AL68
Started on: 04-05-2015 02:38 PM
Replies: 8 (190 views)
Last post by: AL68 on 04-05-2015 10:55 PM
AL68

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL68Send a Private Message to AL68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know the maximum # of pics allowed in a post? Getting ready to post my Vue EPS install with many pics ( on PIP already ) but can't find any info in Cliff's faq's or anywhere else.

[This message has been edited by AL68 (edited 04-05-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2015 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is no limit AFAIK. Just try to keep it reasonable, and the images (or thumbnails) down to a reasonable size. The only limit I know of is on the file size itself, where you will get the "there should be a picture here" icon instead of the actual picture if your image is too big. Very wide images can also be annoying, as the site's styling doesn't set the max width of images to the size of the container.
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AL68:

Anyone know the maximum # of pics allowed in a post? Getting ready to post my Vue EPS install with many pics ( on PIP already ) but can't find any info in Cliff's faq's or anywhere else.

Will be waiting impatiently for those pic's and the install info.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't believe you'll have any issue with the number of images per post. Stick to the guidelines shown below and you'll be golden.

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So then what determines when Cliff's server creates the next page? Can he post so many pictures that he can actually creates multiple pages with only one post?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

So then what determines when Cliff's server creates the next page? Can he post so many pictures that he can actually creates multiple pages with only one post?

I believe in any and every thread here at PFF, there are 39 posts per page. So in other words, post #40 starts page two... and it carries on from there.
AL68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL68Send a Private Message to AL68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

That's what I was wondering - I tried a test page(preview) & it let me do one post with 24 pics all on one page, pics are less than 220kb / 854x480.
I should be safe with 20 pics per post.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I seem to remember there being a picture limit when I first started (remember having to make multiple posts to show all my pictures within threads), something like 7 or so. Jazzman's post on rebuilding the steering column was the first time I noticed that limit was lifted, as he posed 141 pictures in a single post on a single page, so its been gone a for quite some time (2007). That probably is still the record for the number of pics in a single post.

Pics have no control over pages, new pages start on multiples of 40 replies (40, 80, 120, etc) regardless of the number of pics on the page. Here is an example with 81 replies. It has 2 posts on page 3, the 80th reply and the 81st reply.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/091385-3.html

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 04-05-2015).]

AL68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL68Send a Private Message to AL68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

I seem to remember there being a picture limit when I first started (remember having to make multiple posts to show all my pictures within threads), something like 7 or so. Jazzman's post on rebuilding the steering column was the first time I noticed that limit was lifted, as he posed 141 pictures in a single post on a single page, so its been gone a for quite some time (2007). That probably is still the record for the number of pics in a single post.

Pics have no control over pages, new pages start on multiples of 40 replies (40, 80, 120, etc) regardless of the number of pics on the page. Here is an example with 81 replies. It has 2 posts on page 3, the 80th reply and the 81st reply.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/091385-3.html

Looks like he still has the record - If I did one post only I only had 140 pics

it's all done now, hopefully some people can use it. I love the way my car drives now, even with the new 18's.

[This message has been edited by AL68 (edited 04-05-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock