Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How many members still left from the 90's? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How many members still left from the 90's? by sluppy123
Started on: 04-01-2015 10:33 AM
Replies: 86 (1738 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 04-17-2016 09:37 AM
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curious how many active members are still left from when this forum started? I joined in May of 99'
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was actively reading at that time as a lurker...from Auburn Hills, Michigan.

Then life got in the way about a year later...sold the current Fiero I had and wouldn't be able to make it back to PFF and Fieros till 2012.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1 month ahead of you, but I read before I joined. Found it looking for stuff when I built my Ferrari 308 kit. It was fun then for years before all the antagonists moved in to take over

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-01-2015).]

hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been using it as a resource since 99. did not join till 01 though.

[This message has been edited by hiwil88formula (edited 04-01-2015).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A 99er to the Fiero scene but only discovered the forum in 2001 - gosh - has it been that long? I'm not on as often as I used to be but still enjoy the cars and camaraderie when life permits.

~ Jennifer

------------------
Silver 1988 GT
Cobalt Blue 85 GT 3.4
MAFOA Newsletter Director

[This message has been edited by Fierochic88 (edited 04-01-2015).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't remember what year I first registered, but I lost my provider and had to start over with a new registration. Prior to PFF I frequented alt.autos.fiero which was a newsgroup site run by Freddie Clark of Connecticut. Mr. Potatohead as he was known.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not an original member but discovered it in early 2003. In 1999 I was actively searching the NET for Fiero information and printing it out to make a reference book for myself. I still have the book
Purchased my first Fiero in 1996.
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I was here since 2000 and still read the forum even though I am Fieroless.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED

Click here to read the History of Skitimes Car

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-01-2015 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been perusing it since 99 at least.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joined in 2001...

Not as active as I used to be but neither is the forum. I keep looking for the "like" button but can't find it.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found this site in 1999, joined 2001. Before that I was part of DFML, Dutch Fiero Mailing List. Every communication went by email at that time. It was funny to find out Fiero.nl was hosted by Cliff, also here in The Netherlands. Although being low profile for quite a while I still check the forums everyday
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sluppy123:

Curious how many active members are still left from when this forum started?

There are a few of us still kicking around.

turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
October of '99. Back when it would take 3-4 days for a single response, and we had 300-400 members. Ahhh, the good ole days.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

LOL!
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by Patrick:

LOL!

KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ahh the mailing list days....
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hiwil88formula:

Been using it as a resource since 99. did not join till 01 though.

Same here
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Originally posted by skitime:

Well, I was here since 2000 and still read the forum even though I am Fieroless.

It is just periods of Fieroless, lol. Give it time.
fierojp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierojpClick Here to visit fierojp's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierojpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started doing the mailing list thing in '95. That is probably when I got addicted to hitting 'check mail' every 2 minutes to see if there was anyone with some Fiero related questions or comments. That was a crazy way of doing things. I was a lurker here since the beginning. Now I just come back every now and then to check in. What a great forum!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup.
<=====<

I was turned on to the forum by Travis (1fst2m6), and have been an addict... errrr... fan, ever since.

Originally posted by skitime:
...even though I am Fieroless.

There is a fix for that, ya' know.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-01-2015).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<<<< Me - November 1999

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 04-14-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like a bunch of you, I spent a good amount of time surfing Pennock's well before I actually joined.

January 2000 is when I first officially became a member, but I was registered under a different username.

I can hardly believe it's been over 15 years!

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 04-01-2015).]

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I joined March 28, 1999, some 2 1/2 months after Cliff created the forum (PFF was born on Jan. 13, 1999). I believe I was the 51st or 52nd person to sign up and may be the "oldest" active member here (aside from Cliff).

**edited to say I did some research and I was the 51st person to register right behind 'theogre", which makes him the "oldest" active member of PFF (at least as far as I can tell). My first post was at 6:17 pm on the 28th and I found a post of his at 4:03pm.**

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 04-02-2015).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a thread that not too many have seen. THIS is the first member on here. Also notice the 2nd post from Dave. He has been here since the first few months also.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...000815-1-000001.html

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 04-01-2015).]

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Yup.
<=====<

I was turned on to the forum by Travis (1fst2m6), and have been an addict... errrr... fan, ever since.

Wow! Travis N2O days. Remember? Used so many tips from him. And who can forget Monkeyman! Those were good and fun days. These 16yrs went so quick! I also always still wonder where all those 99er members went. Did they sell? Lost interest like me? Lately I browse and I notice it is mostly newer (2012+) people posting.

[This message has been edited by Alex4mula (edited 04-01-2015).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Here is a thread that not too many have seen. THIS is the first member on here. Also notice the 2nd post from Dave. He has been here since the first few months also.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...000815-1-000001.html

Holy smokes!
I wish that there was a way to tell who registered in what order.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40712 posts
Member since Oct 1999

Originally posted by Alex4mula:
Wow! Travis N2O days. Remember? Used so many tips from him. And who can forget Monkeyman! Those were good and fun days. These 16yrs went so quick! I also always still wonder where all those 99er members went. Did they sell? Lost interest like me? Lately I browse and I notice it is mostly newer (2012+) people posting.

Some of us are still here. I saw Monkeyman post in another thread about two days ago.
Strangely enough, I saw a 1fst2m6 on... a different forum. It wasn't Travis, however. Surprised me for a minute, until I started reading.
Still got your cars?

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was lurking a few years before I signed on.. Mailing list... Wow,yeah.. Got some good deals off of that!
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't been on for a number of months now but I am still alive and kicking. Fieroless now as of Sunday though. I had a bad car accident and my t-topped 88 GT is totalled and been declared a total loss.
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Not an original member but discovered it in early 2003. In 1999 I was actively searching the NET for Fiero information and printing it out to make a reference book for myself. I still have the book
Purchased my first Fiero in 1996.

Any chance of making a PDF (or similar) of that available to download? "Older" info is getting harder to find.

Compared to yall, I'm a relative noob with only a decade on the forum I'll get off your lawn now
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still kicking, active reader since Cliff started it, but didn't register until 2001.
PFF
System Bot
banditbalz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for banditbalzClick Here to visit banditbalz's HomePageSend a Private Message to banditbalzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started in the spring of '99. my account may still be active. I wasn't sure how serious of a group this would be so I used the name "George". Lost my password and resubscribed a year later under "banditbalz". I check off topic every day since I have joined. Seen a lot of "know it all" guys come and go. Anybody remember Triad? or Grinthock? There are still a few guys here that talk a lot, but I doubt they will be here for the long run. Anyways, I have had 2 fieros and owned my 2nd (1986 silver Fiero GT) for 20 consecutive years. I believe I still hold the record for fastest stock Fiero (14.7@92 mph, 0-60 5.9 sec).
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was born in the 90's, does that count?
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

I was born in the 90's, does that count?

Lol! I was 20 when I signed up, born in 79'

Funny how many of you I remember, very suprised by the number of "old timers" that are still here. I still have the same 87 gt I had when I signed up, owned eight others over the years. Down to two now, also have a 88 formula.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

I haven't been on for a number of months now but I am still alive and kicking. Fieroless now as of Sunday though. I had a bad car accident and my t-topped 88 GT is totalled and been declared a total loss.

Jim, I thought you must have died.
I been off and on trying to get a hold of you for seems like two years!

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Dammn
Jim are you okay let us know where the wreck ends up.
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will let you know because it will go cheap. 61K 2.8 in it but the body is fairly damaged. The space frame is fine though. Also has brand new 18" C5 mags and tyres with 0 mileage. Would make a great kit car base. It was only written off because it has a broken t-top, windscreen, both tail lights, front fascia , rear fascia and a chunk is missing from the rear clip. I just don't have the inkling to buy it back and fix it. Looking at a Corvette convertible or a 63 Lincoln convertible at present to replace it.

[This message has been edited by AusFiero (edited 04-02-2015).]

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 05:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was part of the Fiero yahoo group in the 90s, I would read here, but didn't sign up until 2003
I lost my first username password, so I added the 247
I remember that "Fiero" was the very first thing I ever looked up on the new thing called "the internet"
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Oh yeah I always enjoyed Monkeyman's posts. From personal experience, I sold my last Fiero in '04, after buying a new WRX in '03. Lost interest in the Fiero, did the WRX scene very briefly. Not the same at all. Traded in the WRX in '07, and found a Fiero I wanted in '13. Now I gotta get it running!
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the few '99ers still left. I sold my last Fiero about 10 years ago and never figured I'd get another. Now, I'm looking for one, again. It really IS an addiction. Nice to "see" some "old faces". (Jim--I still have that money you sent me. ) I never really went away although I frequented the TO/T forum much more until recently. There's a lot to catch up on in the Fiero world.

Anyway, it's nice to see you, my old friends!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock