Plast-aid by Cajun
Started on: 03-29-2015 12:17 PM
Replies: 6 (306 views)
Last post by: Cajun on 03-31-2015 08:23 PM
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2015 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering how many in the community know about or have used "Plast-aid"? I have used it for years to repair/rebuild or mold hard plastic parts. I use it mostly for the repair of hard plastic parts within the interior of the Fiero. I.e. the infamous center console sub-frame.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2015 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't know about this product and thank you very much.
I have a bunch of uses for this!
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2015 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never heard of it before. It would save me having to get special glues for all the types of different plastic parts I need if it does work on all kinds. Thanks for the tip.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2015 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plast-aid is a 2-part compound: a liquid and a powder, like nothing else on the market. When combined, a unique curing process begins. As it thickens, it transforms from a castable liquid, to a glue, to a putty, to a clay. After about 10 minutes it forms a hard, durable, waterproof acrylic plastic that can then be sanded, drilled, or filed.

Product notes: Forms a permanent molecular bond to acrylic, PVC, polycarbonate, CPVC, ABS. Forms a mechanical bond to many other materials.

No mention of PP or PE....which are the difficult ones.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 03-30-2015).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It must be similar to what I use on a lot of plastics and other materials I buy at the local hobby shop (model). Its called Super Jet super glue, both regular and thicker for gap filling. It also has a powder called accellerator you can sprinkle on it while its curing to speed it up and dry harder. I started using it on RC stuff a few years ago.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That stuff sounds awesome, where do you get it, is it expensive?
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plast-aid comes in 3 sizes (kits); 6 oz, 1.5 oz & .5 oz. The 6 oz size goes for about $20 and the 1.5 oz for about $10. Plast-aid is offered by a number of vendors, including Amazon. Normally I get mine from the vendor that offers the best price!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock