For those of you with beechwood by Irrationable
Started on: 03-27-2015 09:44 PM
Replies: 14 (543 views)
Last post by: sspeedstreet on 04-08-2015 05:54 PM
Irrationable

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2015 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After gauging interest here on the forum to see how many of you were interested in having your steering wheel recovered, I decided to do some hunting to see if I could find something that matched the factory beechwood color. Unfortunately, both of my cars have grey interiors, so I have been using pictures online as a reference. So, for those of you with beechwood interiors, how close does this look to what you have in your car?

------------------
"The Twins"
'87 GT 3.4 pushrod daily driver
'88 GT 3.4 DOHC swap in progress

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2015 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tough to judge from monitor but it seems close. (looks blue and black from here) haha.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2015 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 88GT beechwood interior and I'd say more the 1st one on top.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't tell which is better but I can say that when you sort this one out I am in to have a steering wheel done by you!!!
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a '86 GT with tan interior. Do you think you can come up with the material for the steering wheel?
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

I have an 88GT beechwood interior and I'd say more the 1st one on top.

I've got a feeling the color difference is due to the lighting in each of the pictures. They're both two pieces of the same hide. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see once it gets here.
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Irrationable

405 posts
Member since Dec 2014

Originally posted by notwohorns:

I have a '86 GT with tan interior. Do you think you can come up with the material for the steering wheel?

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of your steering wheel, would you? I knew that the 88s had the beech wood wheel, but I was under the impression that 86 and 87 GTs with the tan interior had brown steering wheels that matched the upper portion of the dash and gauge cluster.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Irrationable:

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of your steering wheel, would you? I knew that the 88s had the beech wood wheel, but I was under the impression that 86 and 87 GTs with the tan interior had brown steering wheels that matched the upper portion of the dash and gauge cluster.

That is correct. The steering wheel is a darker brown. PM sent
sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2015 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Irrationable-

I have some small pieces of original beechwood leather I can send you. PM me your mailing address.

~Neil

[This message has been edited by sspeedstreet (edited 03-29-2015).]

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2015 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sspeedstreet:

Irrationable-

I have some small pieces of original beechwood leather I can send you. PM me your mailing address.

~Neil

That would be great! PM incoming.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can provide a photo of an original 88 wheel in beachwood if that would be useful.

Nelson
PFF
System Bot
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I can provide a photo of an original 88 wheel in beachwood if that would be useful.

Nelson

That couldn't hurt. I got the material yesterday, and it looks like a pretty good match. What color is the stitching on your wheel? (darker/lighter/exact match).
sspeedstreet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did find the pieces of beechwood leather. One is a rectangle about 10.0" x 4.0". That should give you enough for comparison. I'll send it out tomorrow.

~Neil

p.s. The stitching on my steering wheel is a match. There'll be a small zip-loc in the package with some original thread in it.

[This message has been edited by sspeedstreet (edited 04-05-2015).]

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sspeedstreet:

I did find the pieces of beechwood leather. One is a rectangle about 10.0" x 4.0". That should give you enough for comparison. I'll send it out tomorrow.

~Neil

That should be more than enough. Thanks Neil!

------------------
"The Twins"
'87 GT 3.4 pushrod daily driver
'88 GT 3.4 DOHC swap in progress

sspeedstreet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2015 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock