Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Found a really good powdercoater in Flint, Michigan....

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Found a really good powdercoater in Flint, Michigan.... by a_bartle
Started on: 03-25-2015 10:21 AM
Replies: 6 (277 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 03-26-2015 08:59 PM
a_bartle

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for a_bartleSend a Private Message to a_bartleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I found a really good powdercoater in Flint, MI. His name is Jordan Andrews, his email is jordan.andrews19@yahoo.com. He has a Facebook page called "Warhawk Powdercoating", found here (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Warhawks-Powdercoating/207650829300409?fref=ts).

I've had two sets of Fiero GT wheels done, and they turned out amazing. Lots of metallic, one set is gray and the other set is silver, and the photos don't do them justice.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work! That's a good solution to the peeling coating along the edges of the rims, too. Do you mind telling us how much it cost you?
tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's always nice to hear about a GOOD place to get things done. Those places are getting harder to find.
a_bartle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for a_bartleSend a Private Message to a_bartleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think his price is subjective to each situation, and how much work was involved with stripping and prep. My sets were in super nice shape from low mileage cars, no curb rash, no corrosion, no damage. He charged me $50 per wheel, plus I wanted clear applied (which he recommends with silvers and/or metallic colors) so it was an overall $50 adder for that. My total was $250 for a set of 4.
a_bartle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for a_bartleSend a Private Message to a_bartleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

a_bartle

358 posts
Member since Feb 2010

Originally posted by tebailey:

It's always nice to hear about a GOOD place to get things done. Those places are getting harder to find.

Tell me about it, I had a "BAD" experience with another powdercoater in the Milford area, totally scrapped my engine vents, so bad I had to replace them all (three sets for three cars)....

lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by a_bartle:

I think his price is subjective to each situation, and how much work was involved with stripping and prep. My sets were in super nice shape from low mileage cars, no curb rash, no corrosion, no damage. He charged me $50 per wheel, plus I wanted clear applied (which he recommends with silvers and/or metallic colors) so it was an overall $50 adder for that. My total was $250 for a set of 4.

That seems very reasonable to me. I have two sets of valve covers and intakes at a shop here in Seattle. $380 to get all six pieces done. Seattle is an expensive place, but that's still a big difference from $250 for four entire wheels with clear.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I recall correctly Snapperhead powdercoats also.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock