Fiero Factory ???? by JJFieroFan
Started on: 03-24-2015 06:24 AM
Replies: 28 (1471 views)
Last post by: tutnkmn on 04-01-2015 03:41 PM
JJFieroFan

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious. I have noticed since Sunday that the web site is down. Any reason to think they are out of business? I sure hope not. It seems many Fiero related businesses are no more. Thanks for any info!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know there is an active member here who lives close to them, maybe they will chime in.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Minister friend just dropped off his car with me last night after having it worked on by an ASE Certified garage. He had told the garage about The Fiero Factory. They sought some parts and were told they were out of that business.
JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JJFieroFan (edited 03-24-2015).]

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's too bad. Lots of Fiero vendors going under. With all the new Mustang, Camaro and the popular 2JZ swap in Lexus, etc, the market is just going down for people working on Fieros. It's basically in the age now where the true collectors keep the car and barely drive it compared to what it was 5, 10 years ago. I remember when I got my GT. I saw lots of people driving them around my area. Now, I am literally one of the only ones that I see on a regular basis but then again you always miss some. Makes it even more unique, but harder for parts.

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If they have gone out of business, I really hope some one snatches up the incredibly rare factory blue 1985 Fiero 2M6 they have there. That car does not deserve to go back to a salvage yard.
JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bdank

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bdankSend a Private Message to bdankEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are not closed
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok stop the rumor machine... they are not closed.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-24-2015).]

JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If they aren't that's great! I was just asking. So happy to hear this!!!!!

turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Better not be closed. I've wanted to go there since the '90s and I'll be in Auburn, AL in mid-June. Already planning a day-trip there.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do they have a presence on PFF?
That would be a good way to get some business.
Whats the story?
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Do they have a presence on PFF?

I had work done on my Fiero there a few years ago, & that's how I heard of PFF (though I registered my account in 2009?).
Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are not closed. We do answer the phone "TFF Auto Center" now, as "The Fiero Factory Auto Center" takes entirely too long to say. My hosting renewal got messed up at my hosting company, so our terribly outdated website was offline for a day or two while they got it sorted. It is now sorted.

We have never told anyone that we are "out of that business", and if one of my employees did, I would love to know who and when so we can have a discussion about it.

We have been undergoing constant change since 2010 when I purchased the shop, and have been understaffed much of the time. However, the core of the business has always been what it always has been; being the largest Fiero specialty shop on the planet, with more used Fiero parts than anyone on the planet. We have had to expand to service all makes and models for our local customers to be able to support the Fiero parts business; if we hadn't, we would have closed years ago. However, I bought the shop with the intention of keeping it alive for the Fiero community, and I have been doing all I can to make that happen. Parts sales started dropping off in 2008, 2 years before I bought it, to the tune of 1/5th to 1/10th of what they were previously; it is incredibly difficult to sustain a Fiero based business, and I am surely not doing everything perfectly, but I am doing it, and will continue to so long as we have some demand for parts and service.

Thank you--
Jeremy Biggs

PS--any web development types that would like to work on revamping our website (I want a content-management type system, where it is easy for me to change out the text, photos, etc, and some online shopping would be spectacular), contact me with pricing (or what Fiero parts you would like to trade for). I did web design so many years ago that everything I know is now irrelevant, and don't have the time to teach myself enough to do it now. Thank you!
256-420-5391
Jeremy@TFFAuto.com

------------------

erniehawk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for erniehawkSend a Private Message to erniehawkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
woot woot! Jeremy! I've been wanting to make the trip in my 8SE for years now but the older I get the more paranoid of making that drive not that my car wouldn't make it but if it were to break down I'd be UTCWOP (up the creek without a paddle) since AAA" is only going to tow me to a garage that would just have me stuck in the deep south with no means of escape! lol

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotech:

Thank you--
Jeremy Biggs

256-420-5391
Jeremy@TFFAuto.com

Thanks for posting!
Thanks for helping keep our hobby alive!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry if anyone misread it that I said they were "out of business". That's not what I posted. The dealership or garage that had worked on the man's car said that when they called The Fiero Factory for a part they were told they were out of the Fiero business. They couldn't get the Getrag select cable they needed so they ordered one made by a company in Israel. Glad to know there's still Fiero work going on out there.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope someone steps up and helps update his website, it is pretty outdated.
pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you !

------------------
prostreetdave

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotech:..with more used Fiero parts than anyone on the planet. ..

That was my impression when I went there on early 2000s! Glad it is still on. I don't know why Fiero fanaticism has dropped so much. Must be an age thing.

[This message has been edited by Alex4mula (edited 03-25-2015).]

Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Sorry if anyone misread it that I said they were "out of business". That's not what I posted. The dealership or garage that had worked on the man's car said that when they called The Fiero Factory for a part they were told they were out of the Fiero business. They couldn't get the Getrag select cable they needed so they ordered one made by a company in Israel. Glad to know there's still Fiero work going on out there.

Thank you. What I said above was that we never told anyone that we are "out of THAT business", and my statement still stands, I would love to know how that conversation transpired. We often are out of stock on good used Getrag select cables, and usually refer customers to Rodney or The Fiero Store for parts like that.

I have received a couple of responses regarding the website, and will be discussing options. Like everything else though, it takes time and funds; both of which are limited. Anyone who would like to buy parts or make donations, please let me know. LOL.

Thank you--

Jeremy
256-420-5391
Jeremy@TFFAuto.com
PFF
System Bot
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeremy,

check out wordpress. I realize you dont have the time to do it, but there are some REALLY simple and quick wordpress sites amd I believe there are also some pre-made commerce templates. I was helping a friend, and we had a (somewhat simple) wordpress up in a few hours total. It's content management, and prettymuch free, unless you buy a template, which can be like 30 dollars. LOL You dont need coding knowledge if you use a good template, as it's just plug and play. It all depends on how crazy cool you want it to be, but you could have something in place in a relatively short matter of time- especially if your current host already supports wordpress and has it installed.
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

smartaxel

2823 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Jim--Good to hear from you! Hope all is well.

I had started looking into Wordpress, Joomla, and Drupal a couple years ago to decide which, if any, I wanted to use. Like everything else though, there was always something more important that pulled my attention away, so I didn't get far.

Perfect world for me would be if someone could build me a site based off one of those (I recall something about wordpress I didn't care for, but don't remember what?) that I could tweak and massage over time.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. May spur me on to look up my old notes and just try to put something together myself...

Take care--
Jeremy
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeremy...sent you a PM in regards to website assistance.
JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great! Hoping to bring mine down for a TTop install and ???? in the next few months! I ran into some mech issues I have to get fixed first!! Glad to hear!!! JJ
Hop

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2015 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeremy, glad to hear your doors are still open. Last time I was there was back in 2009 I think, just before you purchased the place from Ed? I know some on this site have had some issues with Ms. Lori but I never had any issues with the work she did for me and answers she provided. Hope all of you are doing well!
8bit88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8bit88Send a Private Message to 8bit88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear that it is still open! Being so close to TFF certainly helps me push towards getting one as a first car. I visited several months ago and it was amazing the amount of cars and parts amassed in one area, let alone so close to my home. May need some parts in the future once I do get a Fiero, may even get a custom built Fiero from y'all! Best of luck!
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotech:

We are not closed. We do answer the phone "TFF Auto Center" now, as "The Fiero Factory Auto Center" takes entirely too long to say. My hosting renewal got messed up at my hosting company, so our terribly outdated website was offline for a day or two while they got it sorted. It is now sorted.

We have never told anyone that we are "out of that business", and if one of my employees did, I would love to know who and when so we can have a discussion about it.

We have been undergoing constant change since 2010 when I purchased the shop, and have been understaffed much of the time. However, the core of the business has always been what it always has been; being the largest Fiero specialty shop on the planet, with more used Fiero parts than anyone on the planet. We have had to expand to service all makes and models for our local customers to be able to support the Fiero parts business; if we hadn't, we would have closed years ago. However, I bought the shop with the intention of keeping it alive for the Fiero community, and I have been doing all I can to make that happen. Parts sales started dropping off in 2008, 2 years before I bought it, to the tune of 1/5th to 1/10th of what they were previously; it is incredibly difficult to sustain a Fiero based business, and I am surely not doing everything perfectly, but I am doing it, and will continue to so long as we have some demand for parts and service.

Thank you--
Jeremy Biggs

PS--any web development types that would like to work on revamping our website (I want a content-management type system, where it is easy for me to change out the text, photos, etc, and some online shopping would be spectacular), contact me with pricing (or what Fiero parts you would like to trade for). I did web design so many years ago that everything I know is now irrelevant, and don't have the time to teach myself enough to do it now. Thank you!
256-420-5391
Jeremy@TFFAuto.com

Thank you for being there Jeremy!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock