ATTENTION! by RPYRAZOO
Started on: 03-07-2015 02:24 PM
Replies: 19 (1066 views)
Last post by: RPYRAZOO on 05-16-2015 06:57 PM
RPYRAZOO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RPYRAZOOClick Here to visit RPYRAZOO's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPYRAZOOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to locate the owner of medium red '87 or '88 GT in the Buffalo, NY area. I've seen the car a few times, but for various reasons, couldn't make contact. Your car is a mirror of mine and I was wondering where you get yours serviced. I need some engine work and my "go to" mechanic doesn't want the job. I'd like to take the car out of winter storage and flat bed it to the mechanic's location to be ready for Spring.........if it ever comes. (been a looooooooooong winter)
Thanks,
Rich
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope you find them.

On the other hand, I think "Attention Buffalo New York" would have been a more appropriate title, instead of trying to get everyone on the forum world wide to look at your post..... Just saying
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2015 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe try a thread titled New York members please help..

CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear of a good mechanic locally I'll let you know. Been trying to do my own repairs as needed myself. Local shops so far have been hit and miss... Mostly miss.

But yes, should ammend topic to include area. I almost didn't look in this thread until curiosity got the better of me lol Sorry I don't have a good recommendation yet.

There are two small Tonawanda shops that I've seen Fieros at. Will stop and ask em how familiar they are with them and get back to you.
RPYRAZOO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RPYRAZOOClick Here to visit RPYRAZOO's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPYRAZOOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CavScot: Thanks much. I've got the typical 2.8 "ticking" noise from the valve cover and am going to start the repair with the front exhaust manifold being replaced. I have all the necessary parts, now I need someone to do the instal.
Really appreciate your looking around for me.
Rich
CavScout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stopped at one of the shops I've seen a Fiero at in the past. Talked to them, and they claim to have no problem working on Fieros and thanked me for passing their info along. I've never used them myself so call em and make up your own mind as I can't personally vouch for them. But they have been in business for years and are one of the smaller well established shops in the area. (Typical small corner garage. Been there "forever" lol) I also mentioned you had your own parts and were having problems finding a good shop to install them for you. He made it sound like it wouldn't be a problem so give em a call and see what they say....

Gary's Service
Tonawanda NY
692-1298

Let me know how it turns out for you. I'm liable to need a good honest mechanic myself someday lol

- Mike
RPYRAZOO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RPYRAZOOClick Here to visit RPYRAZOO's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPYRAZOOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike: I'm going up to the Falls Friday and will stop by the garage you found. After I talk with him, make arrangements and the job is finished, I'll let you know how things turned out.
I can't thank you enough for your help and support.
Rich
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Gary is going to be the Man....he's got a lot of 80s cars in the parking lot...(or at least he did when the Google camera was there)...

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 03-12-2015).]

CavScout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

I think Gary is going to be the Man....he's got a lot of 80s cars in the parking lot...(or at least he did when the Google camera was there)...

+1

Keep us posted Rich
jim94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2015 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to tell youall that my car came from Jim Murphy's Pontiac in depue n.y. , I work on my own car because I have no trust in mechanics.
CavScout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jim94:

I just wanted to tell youall that my car came from Jim Murphy's Pontiac in depue n.y. , I work on my own car because I have no trust in mechanics.

Isn't it almost a dream to find a good honest mechanic that knows these cars? LOL For Christmas my wife surprised me by paying to have the brakes done on my car. God bless her for trying right? You know the story by now... (groan) I did appreciate the effort seeing as how I really wasn't looking forward to doing them myself in the snow. But as the weather is finally improving, I'll be revisiting the same brakes again myself....

I agree, doing your own work is best, but not always possible for various reasons. (Time, motivation, knowledge, etc etc)
PFF
System Bot
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
God bless her !?!? Are you kidding me? You need to kneel down to every god you can think of and ask "How am I worthy of such a woman?"
RPYRAZOO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RPYRAZOOClick Here to visit RPYRAZOO's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPYRAZOOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I finally got my front exhaust manifold replaced. Went to Gary's in Tonawanda as ya'll recommended. Had to wait 3 weeks for him to catch up with his backlog of jobs, but is was worth the wait. Car went in on a Wed. and he called me that Thurs. evening to inform me that the job was finished. He said the job took 10 hours mainly because one of the bolts snapped and he had to re-tap the head.
Thank all that's right that I finally found a competant, honest mechanic that's not afraid of the word "FIERO"!
Rich
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
10 Hours labor doesn't sound too bad. If he did a good job for you--keep him
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RPYRAZOO:

He said the job took 10 hours mainly because one of the bolts snapped and he had to re-tap the head.

What were his hourly rates?

I'll be finishing the same job (including dealing with a broken bolt and re-tapping the head) that I started last fall on one of my Fieros, and I want to know how much I should be paying myself.
RPYRAZOO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RPYRAZOOClick Here to visit RPYRAZOO's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPYRAZOOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gave him $350 plus some beer and wings $$$.
R
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RPYRAZOO:

I gave him $350 plus some beer and wings $$$.

Knowing what I've gone through, that was a helluva deal.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my attention in another country!

------------------

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Got my attention in another country!

yup- talk about the most generic, unhelpful title for a thread ever

RPYRAZOO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RPYRAZOOClick Here to visit RPYRAZOO's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPYRAZOOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe so, but it sure resulted in a positive outcome for me!
Rich

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock