My genius excuse... by Oolab1
Started on: 02-23-2015 02:26 PM
Replies: 6 (251 views)
Last post by: Oolab1 on 02-24-2015 02:17 PM
Oolab1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Oolab1Send a Private Message to Oolab1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I have a squeaking alternator belt. I know I got a new one for Christmas but I'm not really big on putting it on in two feet of snow and -20 degree temps. SO until then I have decided that if someone asks "lol why is your car squealing? It must be crap" I shall respond that the sound is ACTUALLY just my turbo. That should shut them up if they don't know about cars haha
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
8bit88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8bit88Send a Private Message to 8bit88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck, you better just hope they don't know much about cars.
Oolab1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Oolab1Send a Private Message to Oolab1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nah nah I'm safe. Most of the kids at school think they need to pump their abs and always seem to be unable to even get out of the driveway in the snow in their huge trucks. I always laugh to myself since I seem to have no problems in my little Fiero. I'm proud to say I haven't (unintentionally) lost control of the car all winter!
8bit88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8bit88Send a Private Message to 8bit88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having family in Ohio, I can understand the struggles. Though it is sad how mechanically lacking most people are today. Most people think they're car is crap when a window switch stops working...
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you do realize a new belt may not get rid of the squeal? these cars are bad with squealing if the belt is simply loose or gets wet. the dodgerunner or Rodney tensioner is the way to go to get rid of the noise. more work but worth it.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT fastback SC3800 3.4 pulley, LS1 TB
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with "big boy" 5.9 motor
1986 Honda Goldwing SEi 1200 fuel injected

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am surprised that you don't get slapped with a noise violation, in Hudson & all. The Doctors would complain the decibels are lowering the home values.
Oolab1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Oolab1Send a Private Message to Oolab1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No the shop guys said it was old and worn out, but yes it also supposedly has some oil or something dripping on it (I didn't feel anything when I touched it but I'm no expert). Plus it started making noise over the summer when things were dry. Either way I'm gonna change it to get some experience. It'll be my first time changing a belt so I'm pretty excited.

Haha yeah I'm surprised I didn't get cited either. In the fall I had to run it with the exhaust pipes cut off at the converter while I was removing it. Loudest thing ever. I swear when I was sitting under the train tracks with a train running over head I didn't even hear it haha. But yeah they don't seem to care so I'm not gonna ask questions.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock