Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Value of a set of honeycomb/snowflake/whatever ya want to call them, wheels

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Value of a set of honeycomb/snowflake/whatever ya want to call them, wheels by cshults
Started on: 02-20-2015 10:44 AM
Replies: 15 (645 views)
Last post by: spirit on 02-26-2015 10:43 AM
cshults

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cshultsSend a Private Message to cshultsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all, just wondering what the value of of a set of 4 factory honeycomb wheels with newer tires on them is worth. The wheels have been cleaned up, refinished in black and in excellent condition. The tires are newer, under 500 miles on them.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I call them lace wheels

Do two of them have a lip and are wider than the other 2?
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2015 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As 2.5 implies, if they are 88 wheels, they will likely be worth a bit more. They're mostly going to be worth what someone will pay for them though. Most people aren't looking for stock wheels, so there isn't much demand for stock wheels, even if they are newly refinished. If you're selling them, they will be most valuable to someone restoring a car as a show car in stock trim.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are factory "Fiero" wheels? Those are cross lace wheels. Value may depend on sizes - 88 used staggered sizes and pre-88 were 15x7 all around.

Honecomb:

Snowflake:

Cross Lace:

cshults

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cshultsSend a Private Message to cshultsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, cross lace..that's them. They are off an 87. Just trying to get an idea of what a reasonable price might be...I was thinking $500 for the set with the tires..just haven't seen a lot of these for sale so don't have an idea of what these go for..
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had someone give me a set of 87 "lace" wheels which I had restored to new condition. They cost $130/wheel for the restoration.

I has someone give me a set of gold 88 "lace" wheels with old tires/ I had the tires removed and plan to get them restored.

http://www.wheelsamerica.co...eel-Repair-Miami.php

I think the Fiero store had some reconditioned wheels for $600 a set.

Before:

After:

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 02-20-2015).]

spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of 88 lace wheels. Excellent shape and black w/silver rims. Just don't need them.
RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try to post some close up pictures

8bit88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8bit88Send a Private Message to 8bit88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From my experience on Craigslist, I would say $350-400 if you really want them gone, but if you can wait I'd say that $500 isn't unreasonable.
Problem is that there are plenty of cheap Fieros, and quite a few with original wheels, so for a few hundred more one can get a GT parts car with similar wheels.

[This message has been edited by 8bit88 (edited 02-22-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-22-2015 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If they're newly refinished with decent new (or practically new) tires, then $500 is a pretty reasonable price. Really decent tires are going to cost $300 at least in the stock sizes, and refinishing a set of wheels is going to cost over $200, so $500 is a pretty good deal for both of those, with the tires already mounted/balanced.

But stock Fiero wheels are not in huge demand, so it may take a while to get rid of them, and in that time, the tires can dry out and may need replaced anyway, which will not help the value and will just making shipping more expensive if the tires are on them and do need replaced.
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spirit or Lar,

Interested in selling them?
PFF
System Bot
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I would sell them. Don't know about shipping. How about $400 for the set?
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd consider selling the wheels, but at 20+ pounds per wheel shipping them to Canada would be pricey.
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lar and Spirit,

Anyone want to try to get a shipping quote to Canada, postal code S7N4K7?

Slowest, cheapest is fine with me.

(I've got an 88 GT CJB with only 26,000 miles. The only unoriginal thing about it are the wheels. Seller told me the gold lace wheels are long gone and I would love to put it back to bone stock.)
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would need to get the set of gold wheels refurbished before I'd sell them. Remember the pre 88 front "lace" wheels are different than the 86 or 87 lace wheels.

Since I have both an 87 GT

and an 88 GT with gold wheels

I had been thinking of replacing the wheels with like new refurbished wheels, but the wheels on my cars are still in good condition.

I can check to see what UPS would charge for sending wheels to Canada, but I imagine that it would be $$$.
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PCGOLD, The wheels I have are w/o tires. Are you going to Daytona?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock