Ariel Atom Fiero by earp
Started on: 02-19-2015 07:41 PM
Replies: 19 (1965 views)
Last post by: 8bit88 on 02-21-2015 01:30 PM
earp

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for earpSend a Private Message to earpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How would you go about building the frame?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would buy the Ariel Atom.
earp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for earpSend a Private Message to earpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would too if I had the money.
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would buy the new Polaris slingshot, fiero is fiero
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pull the body panels, doors, chop off the roof and bolt some black ABS pipe to the side. Viola! 1 Fugly Atom!
earp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for earpSend a Private Message to earpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have some abs pipe in the garage.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2015 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by earp:
How would you go about building the frame?

Your image doesn't load, but the Atom is just a pretty simple tube chassis like any race car chassis.

Would you be using a Fiero engine in it or something? I don't much see the point of that.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think it's possible to cut a Fiero down far enough to get it anywhere near the Atom in any way, shape, or performance metric. It just isn't going to happen.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only thing that I can see them having in common is the mid engine configuration. As much as I like Fieros I can't think of one Fiero part I would use on an Ariel.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO its like comparing apples and oranges. The Fiero is an all purpose "car", the Ariel is a purpose built track cart that they did just enough to make street legal. That being said I would imagine the Atom is a blast to drive on a track.
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Black>yellow
earp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for earpSend a Private Message to earpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Obviously from the responses I've gotten I have gone at this in the wrong way.
All I want to do is build an exoskeleton type of vehicle. I'm not at all familiar with the space frame of the Fiero. I am trying to educate myself on its structure . I just want to build a stripped-down, exoskeleton, topless, doorless, fun Fiero. I have an 87 notchback for this project.
earp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for earpSend a Private Message to earpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

earp

41 posts
Member since Sep 2011
The black chassis but using the stock cockpit is what I want.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get the blueprints for the Fiero race car
http://the-stickman.tripod.com/doleimsafieros.html

It is described in the 2nd section of the Pontiac SD4 Guide.
http://www.fieronews.net/fu...id=21&download_id=87

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 02-21-2015).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As mentioned by Fierosound, Stickman had the plans for the race car frame. Also here is a custom one-off by a member on here:

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-21-2015 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Obviously from the responses I've gotten I have gone at this in the wrong way.
All I want to do is build an exoskeleton type of vehicle. I'm not at all familiar with the space frame of the Fiero. I am trying to educate myself on its structure . I just want to build a stripped-down, exoskeleton, topless, doorless, fun Fiero. I have an 87 notchback for this project.

The Fiero is a stamped steel frame, not a tube chassis. It's not very pretty without the body on it:
earp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for earpSend a Private Message to earpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The custom one off is what I'm talking about. Any idea who the mystery builder is?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The custom one off is what I'm talking about. Any idea who the mystery builder is?

It was built by gusshotrod but is now owned by HTXtremes on here. See this link:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-1-048610.html

You can PM RCR from page 12 and see if he still has the original plans for the frame. His link is dead but he may be able to email them to you.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-21-2015).]

8bit88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8bit88Send a Private Message to 8bit88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would go about it like this if at all possible. There is this thing called the Eliminator V2 that is a kit car built off the Miata in Opelika Alabama. They make a track legal 250+HP spaceframe that may be about what you're looking for. In terms of Fieros I think the closest thing would be this Ford SHO powered stripped down Fiero buggy. Looks like it has some sort of rollcage in it and all sorts of aftermarket and chop shop fixes to it, but underneath it's a stripped down notchback.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock