Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Spent Valentines day on the side of the interstate!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Spent Valentines day on the side of the interstate! by PribanicS
Started on: 02-16-2015 12:26 PM
Replies: 15 (385 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 02-20-2015 06:25 PM
PribanicS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PribanicSSend a Private Message to PribanicSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[url=http://instagram.com/p/zGdhKopTLY/?modal=true][/url]

Well look for yourself. Was heading from Tuscaloosa to Birmingham with my date and less than 10 minutes from Birmingham and we blow a tire going 70mph
Then the spare was put on but proceed to lose all of it's air. I was able to drive on the shoulder for 2 miles to the exit. Twas a sad day, however, I had a friend willing to trailer me back to Tuscaloosa. Have any of you had similar experiences and how should I proceed with getting new tires and a spare?

Also forgot to mention that my driver side door decided it doesn't want to shut now. It was one of those moments where other problems arise at the worse possible time!

[This message has been edited by PribanicS (edited 02-16-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stinks about the timing or the flat. As far as gettign another tire is it a hard to find size or something?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PribanicS:
Have any of you had similar experiences and how should I proceed with getting new tires and a spare?

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but I'm glad no one was hurt. Having a blow out on the Interstate can become a BAD day VERY quickly.
As for getting new tires and spare, is there something we're missing? Otherwise all you need to do is go to a tire shop and give them money. Was the rim damaged?

If you need to replace a wheel for either the regular or spare, I'm sure someone on here can hook you up.
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could be wrong about what he is talking about but , the last time I needed a spare ( donut ) tire no one in the area
carried them. I was told most people just replaced them with a full size tire , they had no suggestions if you had no
room for one. A pick a part and a lucky find was the best I could do, but I don't know if I would trust it long, mostly
just for looks.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, for a Murply, it wasn't that bad. Did you get a second date?

Isn't a donut just a particular size? We're just talking about the rubber tire--not the rim, right? What's special about a Fiero donut? Does it need more sprinkles, or does it get a special filling?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are lots of donuts that will bolt up to a Fiero.
PT cruisers. Cavaliers. Sunbirds, etc., etc.
It's a crap shoot as to whether they'll fit in the spare tire well, however.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As close as you are to the Fiero Factory, I am certain that Jeremy could round up whatever you need. Give him a call and check it out.

Nelson
thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tire Rack sells spares - just give them a call and tell them what you need. Probably a T115/70-15.

eg:

http://www.tirerack.com/tir...17MR5CST17&tab=Specs

8bit88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8bit88Send a Private Message to 8bit88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That seriously stinks, talk about bad timing. As a Fiero nut fairly close by, I can confirm that The Fiero Factory would have doughnuts and a rim if yours need repair/replacement. Went ahead and followed you too. Hope you get it sorted.
PribanicS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PribanicSSend a Private Message to PribanicSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm not actually near the Fiero Factory anymore, moved to college in Tuscaloosa. However, I'll be getting my spare fixed tomorrow if possible and I want to invest in new tires. Does anyone know which tire sizes I should get? I've never purchased tires before and all the online places said there were no sizes available for an 85' GT.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you search online search by tire size not by the model of the car, you should still be able to find your tire size.
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Csjag

3170 posts
Member since Dec 2013
I just plugged in 205/60-15 tires on tirebuyer.com and came up with 27 different tires to choose from. Other sizes were available too.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The problem was that he was on the side of the interstate and TireBuyer, Tire Rack nor any of the other online places were close enough to get anything to him before Monday or Tuesday. He needed something at the moment. Getting 14 or 15 inch tires can be difficult with the trend of today's cars going to the larger diameter wheels. Even the used tire places have difficulty in getting the smaller sizes. Those who have changed to the 16's and 17's and larger sizes have unknowingly done themselves a favor should they find themselves in the same situation.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

The problem was that he was on the side of the interstate and TireBuyer, Tire Rack nor any of the other online places were close enough to get anything to him before Monday or Tuesday. He needed something at the moment. Getting 14 or 15 inch tires can be difficult with the trend of today's cars going to the larger diameter wheels. Even the used tire places have difficulty in getting the smaller sizes. Those who have changed to the 16's and 17's and larger sizes have unknowingly done themselves a favor should they find themselves in the same situation.

No, I was referring to his recent post where he said he is wanting to buy a new set of tires and said when he put "Fiero GT" in at the websites no tires came up. I wasn't referring to his search for a spare tire.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry. I thought you were addressing his original post.

Tire Rack only has 1 205/60/14 and it's $227 and 1 215/60/14 @ $127. All the local used tire shops tell me they can't get 14's and very few 15's any more.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Sorry. I thought you were addressing his original post.

Tire Rack only has 1 205/60/14 and it's $227 and 1 215/60/14 @ $127. All the local used tire shops tell me they can't get 14's and very few 15's any more.

No problem. Tire Buyer.com has 27 tires in the 205/60-15 size starting at $58, of course the cheap ones are from China. I didn't check for 14 inch tires.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock