Started on: 02-16-2015 12:12 PM
Replies: 43 (968 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 02-23-2015 02:02 AM
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-07-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My guess is southern US where they dont rust has the most?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-16-2015).]

Tuna Helper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got my one, sold my first, seen a lime green notchy that never moves in a driveway, and have seen two or three others in the last few years. There's usually at least a half a dozen on CL, also.

Indiana
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, Tuna Helper I have two more in my driveway about 30 miles north of you. Plus I see two more from time to time

Indiana
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Meistromichael

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MeistromichaelSend a Private Message to MeistromichaelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Northeast Mississippi. I have only seen two (not counting mine) that are being driven.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We definitely have our fair share here in TX!
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HA!!
I got 5-6 Fiero's within a mile of my 3 here. so I say I got 8-9 including mine
granted one is a parts car with no trans and the engine is not installed just planted on the cradle.
so add them to the pile in Michigan

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you will find that Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Illinois are the states with more Fierro's running and non running.

These are the states that had the most sales and they are also the states that have had the largest Fiero only show turn outs. FOCOA tried to go elsewhere years ago but they always came back to the mid west as they could draw up and over 300 cars at their events.

Even today in my area a Fiero is a very common sights while most are not all that pretty anymore as high mileage daily drivers they are not uncommon sights.

This is why I laugh when I see someone saying how excited they are to see another Fiero or are asking who it was as we have never gotten to that point of not seeing them.

Now on the other hand MR2's are a very rare sight here as most have rotted away.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not seen a Fiero on the road in my area in over 6 months. I know there are several but not sure if any are road worthy?

I have one that I drive every now and again when the weather is nice. The other is a parts car. Not much of it left! all useable parts have been removed and in storage.

I'm thinking Texas has a pretty good population.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live in southern Illinois and I have only seen two in five years. Not counting fiero shows and get togethers

[This message has been edited by notwohorns (edited 02-16-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've owned 3 different Fiero's in northern Illinois, only 1 is still road worthy. There is a private "yard" with at least 3-4 Fieros just north of Carbondale in southern Ilinois. Definitely quite a few in IL considering NIFE and all.

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

We definitely have our fair share here in TX!

They must all be on the north end... other than my driveway I rarely see Fieros in Houston.

Even though the South has more favorable climate, the mid-west seems to be ground zero for where the most Fieros were sold. I understand it's still common in the mid-west to see Fieros on the road. It's been a year or two since I've seen a Fiero on the road in Houston.
rednotdead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rednotdeadSend a Private Message to rednotdeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oddly, I've seen more in Oregon on the road in just a few months, than SoCal (mine not included) more than a year. 3 vs 2.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I think you will find that Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Illinois are the states with more Fierro's running and non running.

These are the states that had the most sales and they are also the states that have had the largest Fiero only show turn outs. FOCOA tried to go elsewhere years ago but they always came back to the mid west as they could draw up and over 300 cars at their events.

Even today in my area a Fiero is a very common sights while most are not all that pretty anymore as high mileage daily drivers they are not uncommon sights.

This is why I laugh when I see someone saying how excited they are to see another Fiero or are asking who it was as we have never gotten to that point of not seeing them.

Now on the other hand MR2's are a very rare sight here as most have rotted away.

I would agree with this. There are 5 or 6 here in North Ridgeville alone. Including FieroKid87 here on the forum.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

I would agree with this. There are 5 or 6 here in North Ridgeville alone. Including FieroKid87 here on the forum.

Now keep in mind the ones I call a common sight are not collector or enthusiast cars they are daily beaters or people just out driving them. There are many more collector cars around too.

I even saw a old 2M4 yesterday on the road in below zero weather. It was beat to death but it was running.

I also see a decent number for sale too. There has been a nice 86 GT for sale east of Goodyear in Akron for about a year. Not sure how it has not sold as it is in good shape and I was told the price was not cheap but reasonable at one time.

I even see two yellow Formula's in the summer time with T tops. They are claimed to be the most rare. The one thing I rarely see is a blue Fiero. they are one color that even when they were for sale just never was a common sight here. I bet in this area there was only a couple blue ones ever sold.

But keep in mind ground center back in the day on sales was Detroit and it spread out from there. Many people who bought the Fiero were GM employees and the states with the most cars are often the ones with the most GM plants too.

Now if you want to claim non running ones or ones just parked in driveways and garages the number jumps even more.

I guess that is why I nevet had an issue finding them in junk yards here too.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other than some event like Dells or Fierorama weekend I see about two a year just randomly driving around. I know of a half-dozen or so others which have been parked and not moved in years.

Fifteen, twenty years ago, yeah, they were everywhere.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now keep in mind the ones I call a common sight are not collector or enthusiast cars they are daily beaters or people just out driving them. There are many more collector cars around too.

I even saw a old 2M4 yesterday on the road in below zero weather. It was beat to death but it was running.

I also see a decent number for sale too. There has been a nice 86 GT for sale east of Goodyear in Akron for about a year. Not sure how it has not sold as it is in good shape and I was told the price was not cheap but reasonable at one time.

I even see two yellow Formula's in the summer time with T tops. They are claimed to be the most rare. The one thing I rarely see is a blue Fiero. they are one color that even when they were for sale just never was a common sight here. I bet in this area there was only a couple blue ones ever sold.

But keep in mind ground center back in the day on sales was Detroit and it spread out from there. Many people who bought the Fiero were GM employees and the states with the most cars are often the ones with the most GM plants too.

Now if you want to claim non running ones or ones just parked in driveways and garages the number jumps even more.

I guess that is why I nevet had an issue finding them in junk yards here too.

Very true. My Formula was a Fiero plant employee car. He had many Fieros. During the recall days he would buy them on the cheap and do the recall repairs himself.

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

" PK's still count, because they will (eventually) be drivable."

Well that made me laugh.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think you will find that Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Illinois are the states with more Fierro's running and non running. ..

I think this is right. I have seen the worst and the best out of there. Want one with no rust then I would look at AZ.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes the Midwest the cars are trashed or they are some of the best examples in the world.

You can get cars here in Ohio that are show room new as there as many lurking here with few miles on them and never saw rain.

Mine was in 3 winters but I has it undercoated and washed it daily. I took the under coat off and found the underside clean enough to wax. Today my car is cleaner than the day I bought it.

I laugh as at shows I lose a points for some orange peel in my paint and that is the original paint that is still factory new on half of the car.

You want to know where the cars are look to where the largest clubs are too.
8bit88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8bit88Send a Private Message to 8bit88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always a good dozen up on Craigslist here in Alabama, TFF actually has a stock of a good half dozen cars that will run and have 96% of their pieces intact (since when do you need the rear light bar lenses or the quarter panels) and i'm sure that the ones with weeds growing up through them will run eventually. From what i've seen Ohio has a good many Fieros for sale on less localized sources like carsforsale.com. This being said, California got almost a quarter of '84 production alone so if 10% are still on the road, statistically they should have Fieros totalling around 7,000 by my calculations.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you would be surprised how many are still around. These were not cars that easily got used up. Many were limited use weekend cars and many survive better than your average car like a Cavalier.

The fact is if you can get 300 at a national meet that is a good sign there are a lot of them out there yet. Even shows with cars like the Monte Carlo meet or Chevelle shows can't pull in 100 cars at national meets.

The fact is we have good demand for good Fiero's yet and the prices are not high because there are still a lot of them around. Just because you don't see them don't mean they are not there.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

My guess is southern US where they dont rust has the most?

Nope.. ive found that moving down here they are harder to find... the NE had a lot of them though
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can account for 20 here in central Oklahoma that are running right now.
JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would agree about the Midwest. I don't see many here, but there were tons in the day. I bought my 85 new on a GM discount as my mom worked at Delco in Kokomo. I lived in Bloomington most of the time I had it and there were quite a few. With Kokomo having a GM plant, you would see more there than in other Indiana towns. I see trashed out notches but not too often. I don't see other GTs ever.
------------------
JJFieroFan
85 2m6 (85-91)
85 2m6 CLONE (00-14) sold to a friend
87 Fiero GT (13-now)
07 Nissan Murano SL AWD ((07-now)
Back in Black

[This message has been edited by JJFieroFan (edited 02-21-2015).]

JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JJFieroFan

275 posts
Member since Mar 2013
I Think the fact that you don't see them is a good sign. You don't see mine much either. When I get out and enjoy it it is on the open country roads! People take care of them and keep them in the garage during the winter months. It was tough finding one for sale at the time, though I see more selling now.

------------------
JJFieroFan
85 2m6 (85-91)
85 2m6 CLONE (00-14) sold to a friend
87 Fiero GT (13-now)
07 Nissan Murano SL AWD ((07-now)
Back in Black

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I would rather only see nice ones now and then, than see a bunch of crappy ones like I used to. You know they are out there. It all depends on how you look at it I guess.
JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JJFieroFan

275 posts
Member since Mar 2013
I don't know what to think of how many are for sale now, either. I sure had trouble finding one two years ago. ??????
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did once see a red GT on the way to school one morning at about 6:45 AM. That's the only fastback, besides mine, I've ever seen outside of car shows.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I keep seeing a black GT and a red GT at the Publix plaza in Silver Springs and I have seen several others being driven here over the past few months. I would guess at least a couple dozen are in the Ocala area.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now what is rare is to find a Fiero with no trunk rust on the sides and a interior still in good original shape.

Most I find have holes in the trunk on the sides or they have patches.

Older Corvettes can be the same way with frame damage but good looking tops. I used to work on an old 61 that looked great and had low miles but it was driven in a few winters. The frame was welded up in several places. It was a great car but needed a new frame.
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I think a better way to gauge how many you have in your area is to look and see how many Fiero's are off the road. Confucius say, "For every Fiero on the road there are three Fiero's off the road. "
Kit
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

Personally, I think a better way to gauge how many you have in your area is to look and see how many Fiero's are off the road. Confucius say, "For every Fiero on the road there are three Fiero's off the road. "
Kit

Confucius Hmm I don't see how he fits into a Fiero. Big Guy!
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now what is rare is to find a Fiero with no trunk rust on the sides and a interior still in good original shape.

Most I find have holes in the trunk on the sides or they have patches.

Older Corvettes can be the same way with frame damage but good looking tops. I used to work on an old 61 that looked great and had low miles but it was driven in a few winters. The frame was welded up in several places. It was a great car but needed a new frame.

It must be the salt used on roads there, I've yet to see a rusted out Fiero here, both of my 85's have very little frame rust and no trunk rust. Rust under the battery is a different story though.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock