Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How much sound deadener to do the entire interior?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
How much sound deadener to do the entire interior? by Taijiguy
Started on: 02-15-2015 02:20 PM
Replies: 3 (332 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 02-16-2015 12:49 PM
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking at deadener and wondering if anyone knows how much it takes to cover all the surfaces of the interior? I'd go measure but I'd have to dig through a bunch of snow, plus it's like,0 degrees out, I think my measurements would probably be off a tad.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Detainabull

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I currently have my seats and carpet removed so I could get some measurements tomorrow for you pending the weather. 2yds did my headliner so I would say that for the roof with a hardtop. And it was just over a yard to redo my back panel in vinyl behind the seats. Anything else you might need?
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you say a yard for the back panel do you mean a square yard or a linear yard? I would think that panel would be more than a square yard. Other than that just the floor and the door panels.

Thanks
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I remember correctly I used about 19 ft sq in the trunk. I also covered the interior (back firewall, floor pan, lower portion of the transmission tunnel, etc.) using somewhere around 30 ft sq of Dynamat Pro but here was obviously some waste with the trimming necessary to fit in some odd locations. I did not do the doors or headliner.

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock