Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Autoblog This or That--compares Fiero vs 2005 Chry Crossfire SRT incl a poll

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Autoblog This or That--compares Fiero vs 2005 Chry Crossfire SRT incl a poll by maryjane
Started on: 02-12-2015 04:37 AM
Replies: 9 (249 views)
Last post by: Josh52894 on 02-14-2015 02:46 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Carcenomy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 04:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"We're comparing first years"... '84 Fiero against some jacked up year-after-first-year Crossfire? What a load of **** .
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Comparing a 4 cylinder to a 6 cylinder, not valid.
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not only are they comparing a V6 to a I4 they are comparing the SRT6 which is the 330hp Supercharged version of the Crossfire.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this should not even be put into comparison.. this is like comparing apples to (insert favorite vegetable here)... your talking about a 198X econo box that was ripped apart from what it was originally supposed to be and turned into a 2 seater minimal fuel eater and comparing it to what is manufactured and engineered marvel that is the Chrysler crossfire SRT6 (aka the mercedes SLK32 AMG) And while the crossfire was just a very sneaky way for Mercedes to keep using the 1st gen SLK platform it also boosted Chrysler (yes Chrysler not all of Mopar) into a high performance class of car all while riding on the back of Mercedes sloppy seconds, I've gotten to play with one, if you can get past the cup holders in it even with a swapped fiero the crossfire it still insane compared to it.

you know... I should write articles for motor trend or jalopnic....

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 02-13-2015).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2015 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe they should road test that Amg oops srt against an 88gt 3800s/c car
kristinagalloway

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kristinagallowaySend a Private Message to kristinagallowayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmmm. good read though.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

maybe they should road test that Amg oops srt against an 88gt 3800s/c car

I honestly think stock for stock the crossfire would win.

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a fun read, including the comments...

I sat in a Crossfire when they first came out, just for interest's sake. Cramped interior compared to my '84 SE. I couldn't turn my head to the left without leaning to the right to avoid bumping my head. I'm only 6'1".

I occasionally get the rhetorical question: "You can fit in there?" when exiting a Fiero. Lol! I find Fieros have lots of space compared to many 'sporty' cars.
Josh52894

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Josh52894Send a Private Message to Josh52894Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ha... good luck finding a srt6 for less than 10k, cheapest ive seen is 17k.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock