Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero Cruise - Baltimore County, Maryland (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero Cruise - Baltimore County, Maryland by dajack761
Started on: 02-10-2015 01:33 PM
Replies: 52 (1143 views)
Last post by: dajack761 on 05-01-2015 07:08 PM
dajack761

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey,

If you're like me and enjoy taking your favorite play toy out for a cruise though the country side, then read on my friend. I'd like to invite you to join me on a Fiero Cruise through Baltimore County Maryland. We'll be cruising some of my favorite roads and checking out the scenery.

We will gather at Hunt Valley Town Center, 50 Shawan Road, Cockeysville, MD 21030. Please plan to arrive at 9:00am and look for me (88 medium red metallic, Fiero GT) near the Joe's Crab Shack. The "Hunt Valley Horsepower" (Car and Coffee) meet should be in full swing. You'll have time to check out the cars in attendance and get coffee and/or a bite to eat at Pete's Coffee or Panera Bread. See the links below to see what these shops have to offer. They are located across the parking lot from Joe’s Crab Shack.

We will leave the parking lot at 10:00am. Our cruise will include a trip to and through the Loch Raven Reservoir and various roads that you should enjoy. After we leave the reservoir, we will head over to route 147 through some twists and turns and return to the Hunt Valley Town Center for lunch at Joes Crab Shack. See the link below to find out what's on the menu. Time wise, the cruise should last between 2 and 3 hours. We'll cover between 50 and 75 miles round trip.

If you'd like to join in on the fun or you have any questions, send me an email to dajack@fieropride.com. I'd like to get a head count so I know how many to expect and reserve enough seats at the restaurant.
I hope to see you there!

Links
Hunt Valley Horse Power (Cars and Coffee)
http://horsepowering.com/everysaturdaymorning/

Pete's Coffee and Tea
http://www.shophuntvalley.c...ning/peets-coffeete/

Panera Bread
http://www.shophuntvalley.c...dining/panera-bread/

Joe's Crab Shack
http://www.shophuntvalley.c...ing/joes-crab-shack/

When - Saturday, May 2nd, 2015.
Arrive at 9:00am.
Start cruise at 10:00am.

Where - Hunt Valley Town Center, 50 Shawan Road, Cockeysville, MD 21030
Near Joes Crab Shack

Thanks,
Dwane
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ill be there... in one of my cars... depends what one is running at the time
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

ill be there... in one of my cars... depends what one is running at the time

Awesome!

[This message has been edited by dajack761 (edited 02-10-2015).]

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a blast! Marked on the calendar & will deadline some projects. If the car is not running enough to participate I'll still show up & see everyone off.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Sounds like a blast! Marked on the calendar & will deadline some projects. If the car is not running enough to participate I'll still show up & see everyone off.

Excellent! Hope to see you there.
IMSA/GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We'll try to make this one.

You forgot Chick-fil-A which is near Joe's and is open for breakfast too.

#2 pencil, there might be a co-pilot seat available if interested.
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Added it to the website Dwane! Thanks for organizing this.

https://sites.google.com/si...sassoc/mdfierocruise
Navyfierodriver81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Navyfierodriver81Send a Private Message to Navyfierodriver81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in! I will have at least one of mine out. Might be able to swing both of them.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Navyfierodriver81:

I'm in! I will have at least one of mine out. Might be able to swing both of them.

Excellent! The more the merrier! This should be a lot of fun!
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dajack761

312 posts
Member since Oct 2012

Originally posted by MAFOA Events:

Added it to the website Dwane! Thanks for organizing this.

https://sites.google.com/si...sassoc/mdfierocruise

Thanks! That is greatly appreciated!
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dajack761

312 posts
Member since Oct 2012

Originally posted by IMSA/GT:

We'll try to make this one.

You forgot Chick-fil-A which is near Joe's and is open for breakfast too.

#2 pencil, there might be a co-pilot seat available if interested.

Great, I was hopeing you'd be able to make it! You're right, I completely forgot about the chick-fil-A and it's on that side of the parking lot too. Good looking out!
PFF
System Bot
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
H V cars & coffee has grown and is now located in the other parking area of the mall. Check out the listing for the april gathering: http://horsepowering.com/specialgatherings/ . Not sure if this new location is just for the season opener or not.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA/GT:

H V cars & coffee has grown and is now located in the other parking area of the mall. Check out the listing for the april gathering: http://horsepowering.com/specialgatherings/ . Not sure if this new location is just for the season opener or not.

Thanks for the heads up. It looks to be an event specific change for their 3rd annual event. There is a note in the lower right corner of the parking lot map at the bottom of the page indicating that our community will continue to meet in the Joe's Crab Shack parking area for the weeks leading up to and after the 3rd anniversary event. Now that you mention it, I have to see if anyone has started a thread to share info on this event. It looks like its going to be way bigger this year.

[This message has been edited by dajack761 (edited 02-14-2015).]

Mytime

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was browsing the forum today. Never saw so many Maryland based posts! Cool!
Hey dajack761, I might be able to join up for the cruise, I live in the Loch Raven reservoir area. Just don't look at my car, it's a mess, but it runs.
I'm sure you already know but most of Loch Raven is closed on weekends to cars. But there's plenty of nice, winding country road up this way.

Doug
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mytime:

I was browsing the forum today. Never saw so many Maryland based posts! Cool!
Hey dajack761, I might be able to join up for the cruise, I live in the Loch Raven reservoir area. Just don't look at my car, it's a mess, but it runs.
I'm sure you already know but most of Loch Raven is closed on weekends to cars. But there's plenty of nice, winding country road up this way.

Doug

Hey Doug,

Yeah, it is good to see the extra activity in the area. I hope you can join us. I think the combination of Cars and Coffee, cruising and Joe's Crab Shack will make for a good time for all. Hey, don't feel bad about your cars appearance, mine is a bit of a mess too. I drive mine every day so it's not as pretty as it once was, but it's still just as much fun to drive. I'm a big fan of the roads out that way. I did really want to go all the way through Loch Raven Dr but you are correct, by the time we get there the gates will be closed. But we can still get to the fishing center, then detour at the gate and loop around to the other end of Loch Raven Drive and make our way up to the parking area at the dam. So we'll get to cruise some of the twisty roads and folks that aren't from the area will get to see some of the cool scenery that the area has to offer. Anyway, I hope you can make it.

Dwane
cmechmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last summer took my sister in law on 147(Harford Rd) through 7 sister curves. Got finished and asked her how was that. She said "you prick, it was like being in a video game".
Hmm Lock Raven drive to Manor Rd. to Glen Arm Rd. to Notch Clift or Cub Hill to Harford? If someone gets in front of us, we will have to stop for a few or it will be boring. Our luck it will rain.
Just got this 87. I really want to take the drive train out of the 85 and put it in the 87. 9 weeks? Maybe.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cmechmann:

Last summer took my sister in law on 147(Harford Rd) through 7 sister curves. Got finished and asked her how was that. She said "you prick, it was like being in a video game".
Hmm Lock Raven drive to Manor Rd. to Glen Arm Rd. to Notch Clift or Cub Hill to Harford? If someone gets in front of us, we will have to stop for a few or it will be boring. Our luck it will rain.
Just got this 87. I really want to take the drive train out of the 85 and put it in the 87. 9 weeks? Maybe.

I love that quote. Lmao!
7 sister curves has a lot history! I've got a couple stories about that road too. Yeah, slow moving traffic can be pain, but like you said we can pull over for a few if it gets too bad. We'll cross that bridge when e get to it. Man, another person with more than one Fiero! I'm jealous. Good luck with swap and I hope you can make it.
Mytime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to make a request if possible. My son works when he's not in school at Prigel's creamery on Long Green Rd. He drives a yellow Formula and loves it. If the group could stop by and he's working that day, he'd get a kick out of seeing a large group of Fieros not in my driveway. It's right in the area.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd like to make a request if possible. My son works when he's not in school at Prigel's creamery on Long Green Rd. He drives a yellow Formula and loves it. If the group could stop by and he's working that day, he'd get a kick out of seeing a large group of Fieros not in my driveway. It's right in the area.

im ok with this
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's definitely possible and it's really close to the route I have planned. I took a look at the street view for Prigel's and that driveway could make for a nice group picture. It looks like their business hours start at 12:00 and we'll be in that area around 11:00, will his boss be okay with us showing up in mass before they open? Would anyone that's going be apposed to stopping for an ice cream before eating at Joe's Crab Shack at the end of the cruise?
Mytime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if not there we can get a group shot in front of my house. There is a large field there. We live 1/2 mile from Prigels.
Or at Boordy Vineyards parking lot. They are 1 mile the other way.
There are a lot of fields around there.
PFF
System Bot
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We won't have to look to far to find a spot to take pictures. I think there will be many opportunities for that. Anyway, if it's ok to stop there, great if not we'll pick up where we left off and make our way to Harford Road. Let me what you find out.

[This message has been edited by dajack761 (edited 02-16-2015).]

MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a great newsletter photo op ;-)
cmechmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't be jealous. The 87 is replacing the 85. The few that seen the 85 also saw it was fugly. After being hit twice. Once parked. Once someone came through a stop sign. Her insurance company of course totaled it. I kept it and took the little I could get. Maryland law requires it marked salvage. What sucked was, I was able to still it drive until I got the 87. The right side of the bumper reinforcement is snapped off and the metal under the headlight bucket is now back at the inner fender, ripped off the space frame.
If I had somewhere close to me to work on it to repair the spaceframe damage I would keep it. It does have some frame rail rust. Not bad, but some. All panels except the left front fender, right door skin, and front of roof need work. I have a notchie rear clip, left door skin and 2 deck lids though pissing the wife off around the house.
Mechanically ran great. The second 3800 I put in will be put in the 87 along with the everything on the cradle. The 87 has a recent engine, but the trans has about 130,000 on it and I miss the overdrive I have in the 85. The trans in the 85 has around 12,000 on it and the engine 90,000.
I may postpone the swap to do the meet if you don't rag on me about the leaking exhaust manifolds and right fender.

Around the time of Hurricane Agnes, I lived on Harford Rd. on Sawyers farm at the bottom of the hill from the Bonapart Mansion. Back then, the closest store was the deli at Long Green and Harford. I think it was called Greenwood's back then. Me and my brother were walking there one night and along that straight away, the next farm over(horse farm) a Ford Mustang hit a horse doing about 60. Ironic. There wasn't much left of either one.
Spent a lot of time learning how to drive on the roads around there and Lock Raven in a 1957 Chevy pickup.

[This message has been edited by cmechmann (edited 02-16-2015).]

dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cmechmann:

Don't be jealous. The 87 is replacing the 85. The few that seen the 85 also saw it was fugly. After being hit twice. Once parked. Once someone came through a stop sign. Her insurance company of course totaled it. I kept it and took the little I could get. Maryland law requires it marked salvage. What sucked was, I was able to still it drive until I got the 87. The right side of the bumper reinforcement is snapped off and the metal under the headlight bucket is now back at the inner fender, ripped off the space frame.
If I had somewhere close to me to work on it to repair the spaceframe damage I would keep it. It does have some frame rail rust. Not bad, but some. All panels except the left front fender, right door skin, and front of roof need work. I have a notchie rear clip, left door skin and 2 deck lids though pissing the wife off around the house.
Mechanically ran great. The second 3800 I put in will be put in the 87 along with the everything on the cradle. The 87 has a recent engine, but the trans has about 130,000 on it and I miss the overdrive I have in the 85. The trans in the 85 has around 12,000 on it and the engine 90,000.
I may postpone the swap to do the meet if you don't rag on me about the leaking exhaust manifolds and right fender.

Around the time of Hurricane Agnes, I lived on Harford Rd. on Sawyers farm at the bottom of the hill from the Bonapart Mansion. Back then, the closest store was the deli at Long Green and Harford. I think it was called Greenwood's back then. Me and my brother were walking there one night and along that straight away, the next farm over(horse farm) a Ford Mustang hit a horse doing about 60. Ironic. There wasn't much left of either one.
Spent a lot of time learning how to drive on the roads around there and Lock Raven in a 1957 Chevy pickup.

I think everyone of us has things that we need to do to our cars, so I don't think you have to worry about anyone passing judgement.

I'm sure that road has seen its share of unfortunate events.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

[This message has been edited by dajack761 (edited 02-21-2015).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Think spring!
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there! Sorry I haven't responded to your email regarding the route. It's been a little hectic over here. But I will get back to you!
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Think spring!

Fierochic,

After the recent snow fall, spring is the only thing I can think of.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dajack761

312 posts
Member since Oct 2012

Originally posted by PatrickTRoof:

I'll be there! Sorry I haven't responded to your email regarding the route. It's been a little hectic over here. But I will get back to you!

I'm glad to hear you will be attend! Not a problem, get back to me when you can.

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dajack761:

Fierochic,

After the recent snow fall, spring is the only thing I can think of.

My 88GT is buried - I need to take a picture. I did, however, have joy in the thought that this will be its last winter outside. Garage build happens soon!
PFF
System Bot
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My 88GT is buried - I need to take a picture. I did, however, have joy in the thought that this will be its last winter outside. Garage build happens soon!

Nice! How many will you be able you be able to store?
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice! How many will you be able you be able to store?

The two Fieros, Vette and Tahoe will fit easily. I think the Suburban will still live outside. Eventually, we'll have a lift to store additional cars but that's not a need just yet ;-) I guess there are worse problems to have.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to come to this. But, it is a long trip for my wife and I. If we can swing it I will let you know.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The two Fieros, Vette and Tahoe will fit easily. I think the Suburban will still live outside. Eventually, we'll have a lift to store additional cars but that's not a need just yet ;-) I guess there are worse problems to have.

You're going to have a full garage.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dajack761

312 posts
Member since Oct 2012

Originally posted by MadMark:

I would love to come to this. But, it is a long trip for my wife and I. If we can swing it I will let you know.

Hey Mark,

I understand completely Mark. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at the The Glen.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Won't be long now...

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Won't be long now...

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I'm counting the days.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're going to have a full garage.

Never a bad problem to have ;-)

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I marked it on my calendar. No definite decision yet, but I would like to join this event.
Dave

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave