Guiness (i.e.: PFF) world's record by Bruce
Started on: 02-04-2015 09:47 PM
Replies: 7 (512 views)
Last post by: Stubby79 on 02-09-2015 11:10 AM
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The shortest elapsed time to remove and replace the V6 spark plugs.
Contingencies / discussion:
1. Witness or unbiased timer to the .01 of seconds
2. No penalty to remove recall weather strip
3. Penalty in minutes for swearing or drawing blood
4. Car must idle smoothly for a given time for the spark plug installation to be official
5. Alcohol content below .05%
6. Two categories: hood on or off
7. Time must be submitted in 24 hours of replacement for the time to be considered
8. I have way too much time on my hands.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find doing the plugs easy on the stock 2.8 and also on the 3800.. But I got small hands.

And the speed of doing them mostly depends on how long the plugs were in there, I can swap them out in as little as 10 minutes or as long as an entire day if something major goes wrong.

------------------
86 Fiero GT: 3800sc/Manual, Cam/Mods.

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-05-2015 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anyone that's been working on cars for the last 30 years.. plugs on a transverse engines, don't have any issue doing plugs, most can do it, blindfolded..

biggest trick I've found is a nice stubby ratchet with a high tooth count gearset in the head..

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bruce:

The shortest elapsed time to remove and replace the V6 spark plugs.
Contingencies / discussion:
1. Witness or unbiased timer to the .01 of seconds
2. No penalty to remove recall weather strip
3. Penalty in minutes for swearing or drawing blood
4. Car must idle smoothly for a given time for the spark plug installation to be official
5. Alcohol content below .05%
6. Two categories: hood on or off
7. Time must be submitted in 24 hours of replacement for the time to be considered
8. I have way too much time on my hands.

Sounds like a good exhibition at a car show
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a great idea and I think this should be the main event at the 35th. We'll need several high school marching bands, local and national media will need to be alerted to this historic moment in history and I'm sure sponsors from hand cleaners to band-aids could be lined up. This is big.....really, really big.....I'm thinking Superbowl ad big.
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And after every plug installed you must drink a Guiness.
Kit
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well on a V6 that never sees the rain using a swivel handle ratchet 10-15 mins is not really an issue if you want to make a race of it. I might even go better than that if I tried.

No need to remove a hood. Hell that is harder than the plugs.

Now the plugs on my old GTP GP were ten times harder than the Fiero. As most transverse engines go the Fiero is easy as long as they are not rusted in and the fear of stripping one.

One trick too is to use a old plug boot that is straight or rubber hose to thread the plugs in and out then snug and loosen with the ratchet.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 02-08-2015).]

Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
biggest trick I've found is a nice stubby ratchet with a high tooth count gearset in the head..

You leave my ratchets alone!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock