Fiero store window switches by Csjag
Started on: 02-02-2015 07:13 AM
Replies: 7 (462 views)
Last post by: Chelo Fiero on 02-02-2015 11:12 PM
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone bought their power window switches and if so are they good quality? The switches on my 85 SE work fine but the buttons are broken thru from rough use.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have used TFS switches. I replaced the buttons with those from a camaro, though.

The switches have been OK, thus far.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a source for just the plastic buttons, my switches work fine.
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

Has anyone bought their power window switches and if so are they good quality? The switches on my 85 SE work fine but the buttons are broken thru from rough use.

Yes, and yes, respectively..

However, you may be able to get from them only the driver's side switch (PN 66561 LH).

I don't know if you can adapt the plastic button itself to the passenger's side.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that a GM part number? Thanks
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a part number from The Fiero Store.

General Motors' part numbers often have more characters within them.
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I try to go through RockAuto, GM Parts online, etc. before I make a purchase through The Fiero Store. While TFS's service and delivery are excellent, their prices tend to be much higher for comparable items that ARE available elsewhere. If a comparable part has been discontinued at other vendors, then TFS is your only alternative.
Also, try to get verification that the TFS part was made in the USA, since the parts made in China are prone to failure. I went through three (3) backup (reverse light) switches for my 86GT before I bought a used original part from Fiero Farms (or whatever it is called). While TFS replaced each switch and sent me a new one, none of them worked.
I also suggest that whenever RockAuto has a manufacturers' clearance on Fiero parts that you stock up, whether you need them now or not. You just never know...
Hope the above "compare and contrast" essay helps!
bb
Chelo Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fiero store used to sell gm original replacements, great quality, i bought a pair 8 years ago and still work and look like new.
Don't know if they are selling the same now .

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock