Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any vendors still offer wider front fenders?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any vendors still offer wider front fenders? by doublec4
Started on: 02-01-2015 11:59 AM
Replies: 7 (657 views)
Last post by: Sage on 02-02-2015 11:26 AM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking of changing over to some different wheels... 17x8 but a 25mm offset. This would push the wheels out past the fenders (according to the wheel offset diagram posted by another member).

I remember someone used to sell wide front fenders... can't seem to find them anymore.

Any vendors out there, or members who might have a set for sale?

Thanks!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.ovis.net/~dmkfiero/
About 3/4 down the page. I think lil devil has some on his car.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie sells them.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Archie sells them.

Didn't Archie retire?
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Didn't Archie retire?

Nope. Not from selling.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-01-2015).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie's wide front fenders eliminate the belt line... I won't be doing that.

Is the Fiero warehouse still in business? That website doesn't seem to be working for me tonight..
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Is the Fiero warehouse still in business? That website doesn't seem to be working for me tonight..

I think Doug's website is down. Contact Sage on here. He makes the parts for Doug. This is a pic from years ago when I did a rough mock-up with his wide fenders. You can see how the stock lace wheel is tucked under:

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-01-2015).]

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Don't know about Doug's website, but yes, he/we are still in business. You can try emailing Doug here: dmkfiero@ovis.net (all orders have to go through Doug/Fierowarehouse)

The short answer to your original question is, yes we can still make the wide fenders.

Keep in mind, there are different "wide" fenders. The ones Archie sells are his own design to be part of his wide body kit, but obviously can be used alone. They do however, as you point out, eliminate the side trim.

The one's that IMSA shows are from the IMSA wide body kit, and would require some mods to either the fenders or the rest of your car to "properly" match, then there are the IRM wide fenders, which as far as I know, are only offered through Fierowarehouse. They are exactly like factory stock fenders in every way EXCEPT the wheel well area is an inch and a half wider than stock. I'll look through my old pictures and see if I can find a comparison shot, but just put a new puter in service and still getting used to it (I really don't like windowz 8,.1!) At any rate, as I said, they will allow the coverage of wide wheels/tires while still looking "stock".

To me, it's one of those type mods that you really don't notice right off. Your brain knows there's something different, but at first, you just can't put your finger on what it is. Only the portion over the center of the well is an inch and a half wider, tapering back into the stock configuration at the bottom of the well.

Hope that helps a little, and I'll look for the pictures later. Can't promise anything, and maybe Doug has some pics readily available showing the comparison between wide/stock fenders.

Here's the only pics I could find on this computer. They are two comparison pics, one with the stock fender (the yellow), and one with the IRM wide fender (the black) kind of hard to get the full effect of the look from just this angle, but you can see that the wide fender is much further (1 1/2") out over the tire than the stock, and like I said, these were the only comparison pics I've got.

Stock:

Wide:

Hope that helps.

HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 02-02-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave