Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  They came from the North-with guns and took my Indy!!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
They came from the North-with guns and took my Indy!! by maryjane
Started on: 01-31-2015 06:29 PM
Replies: 18 (713 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 02-01-2015 09:03 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was busy putting out hay for the cows this morning, and blinded by the mid morning sun,-------they were on me before I knew what was happening.
It was the NTFC gang. "We're taking that Indy they said, and if you know what's good for ya, you'll stand aside
A more dastardly looking bunch you've never seen, but they were temporarily stymied when they found they couldn't get it up on the dolly because the exhaust tips hit the back of the dolly before the wheels could get down in the valley of the dolly, but determined they were, and quickly set about removing the rear bumper and exhaust tips. I was powerless to stop them as they had brought enough firepower to kill everything old enough to die. My wife pleaded with them to stop, but they just kept working away.

Not content to disassemble the poor girl in a civilized manner, they went to whacking and cutting the clamps off and before I knew it, they had those tips laying in the dirt.

Finished with their fiendish work, they shoved her up on the dolly and strapped it down for the trip back to their North Texas hideout.

Now they said, we'll show you what can happen if you try to stop us. and started unloading sidearms, long guns, and ammo of every description and gave me a sample of what they were capable of.

The one they called "chemist" even mixed uo some sort of explosive--I was afraid they were going to blow up my house!!

The one from Tyler was especially threatening--they called him Mike, and he was the expert pistolero. I wouldn't want to face him on a dusty Tombstone street.

On and on it went, for hrs, bullet after bullet, the air filled with the sweet smell of gunpowder and the forest echoed blast after blast of explosive tannerite.

They even went so far as to try to recruit my beloved wife Calamity Jane into their gang.

Mike kept slapping leather and poured deadly fire out an assortment of weapons.

I thought they were done, but Mike was reloading and the one they called Anthony stepped and took his place, scaring my cows to the point of stampede.

All done at last, just before the sun made it's way over the western pines, they loaded up, climbed on their roan mount and headed back in the same direction they came from, trailing Indy behind.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don,
Thanks again, we had an awesome time.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a motley crew if I've ever seen one... you should have called in reinforcements... we could have repelled them. Next time they should bring a real trailer and it would roll right up.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

Hmmm... what happened, Don?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-31-2015 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The jealousy! It burns.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd bet he was younger-looking when he started smoking.

Like the trailer lights over the headlights of the Fiero. Looks as if that poor Indy has been sitting for a while.

Yeah, those cows look REALLY scared. I've never seen such a placid ”stampede”.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I'd bet he was younger-looking when he started smoking.

No no... I wasn't referring to the fact that Don has aged (haven't we all) , but a little birdy had told me a very short time ago that Don was trying to quit smoking.
RayOtton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MJ, as long as they didn't bring a wooden stake or some silver bullets you have nothing to fear.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

No no... I wasn't referring to the fact that Don has aged (haven't we all) , but a little birdy had told me a very short time ago that Don was trying to quit smoking.

Oh, I knew what you meant. I was implying that smoking caused the aging.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I've had a hard 65 years, smoking or not.
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I (the chemist) want to extend a great thank you to Don and his wife Maryjane. They opened up thier home to us and welcomed us as family. As if they had a choice once they saw our plethura of firepower. Once we unloaded the weaponry that would make any mexican army jealous and popped enough brass to make a statue, we said our good bye's and began our long and rainy journey back home.
The car was in alot better shape than we imagined and is a great canvas to start with! Not a whole lot will need to be done to make it roadworthy. Then we will start to restore the "pace car" part of it.
Once again, thank you Don and thank you Maryjane!
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do I see a build thread coming up?
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looked like a very FUN day!
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Well, I've had a hard 65 years, smoking or not.

I hope you're not telling me I'll look like that in a few years. Oh wait. I'll have hair? I think my hair had a 5'9” limit, and I kept growing. If it wasn't for the fact that someone recently showed me pics from 20+ years ago, I wouldn't even remember what color my hair was.
RayOtton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I think my hair had a 5'9” limit, and I kept growing. .

That explains the ear and nose hair.

I've always wondered why that is, thanks..

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent narrative Don! Only in Texas!
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmmm...

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 02-01-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha, ha, ha.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
at soumug. Musta been something that happened when Patrick enlarged or zoomed the picture--yeah, that's it.

We had a great time and really enjoyed the company. The pictures don't do justice to the amount of range gear they brought down in the back of that suburban. They unloaded it all into the back of my pickup and it took up half the bed. I really enjoyed seeing the NTFC folks again-I heard they had a long wet trip back up to DFW but glad they made it back ok. I've only used a dolly once and that was pulling a Ventura from Louisiana to West Texas behind a U-haul box truck--as Mike and Anthony said--"these things don't back up well".

We can do this again when the weather gets a little more stable-no rain here in the last 3 days or nights but the wind has been blowing hard out of the North all day today. And tho I now officially out of Fiero ownership, Jane and I will always treasure the friends we've made over the years thru PFF and the various clubs in Texas, and I couldn't help but notice this morning, when I walked out with my morning coffee, how empty it looked in the driveway, but it was just time to end that part of life.

Any Fiero folks that are in the area or live nearby are always welcome to drop by anytime--I'm almost always here because when you have livestock, you can't go off and leave them long, especially in spring and fall when they start to have calves--but there's always time allowed for Fiero folks to visit. I have a nice big pond, stocked with channel catfish and bass if fishing is your thing, and plenty of room for shooting, tho I do need to build a pistol range off to the side of where we were shooting the rifles.

(the star denotes my homesite--just take FM 2025 North out of Cleveland)

Just give me a shout via PM so I'll have a day's notice to move the cattle to another pasture.
Again, thanks for the visit and the memories guys.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-01-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock