Can someone explain this to me? by TXOPIE
Started on: 01-28-2015 09:59 AM
Replies: 10 (461 views)
Last post by: TXOPIE on 01-29-2015 05:38 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why would anyone mount spoilers that don't fit the car like this?

I guess its a personal preference kinda of thing.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We all know that once you slap the Ferrari stickers on you need alot more down force for the high speed manuevering

dan
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Different tastes....those things sticking up out of the doors, the wheels sticking out, the headlight doors sticking up in the back, the jacked up back end, etc...
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Type in Fiero on eBay and that spoiler on the rear comes up. Sometimes that's the only reason people buy things. Look at some people's cars you you can tell they typed "(insert car name here) carbon fiber" and went down the list buying junk.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.htm....Xfiero+carbon+fiber

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 01-28-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2015 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is an odd interpretation of the 328 roof spoiler. I would guess that the rear spoiler was already on the car, and they wanted to add a roof spoiler like the 328, but that matched the lines of the rear spoiler. It does look poorly done, and a total afterthought.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it could be a decent looking car, if fixed up...
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They ruined a good looking car.

Wings usually are just for asthetics on street cars. ie/ the $5000 factory rear wing on Lambo Countach actually hurts the handling. I dont know all the specifics about how or why, other than it actually causes the front end to raise at speed. Maybe its the drag on the rear, I dont know. It was something I seen on a sports car show, and also read.

This my my Ferrari kit with an authetic roof spoiler.
Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The short answer is no. No one can explain man's need to attach ugly, ill-fitting, unnecessary spoilers to his car.
cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2015 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The spoilers fit much better than the rear wheels. The owner of the car obviously has no objections to the spoilers in the same way you don't have any objection to the wheels.

[This message has been edited by cyrus88 (edited 01-28-2015).]

Rexgirl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger, That's a very nice looking f*car kit ! J.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK....the longer I stare at it the more it looks like a toy representation...like one for like a 3-4 year old...you know where some parts are over accentuated and exaggerated.
Can't you see it shrunk down in a 3 year old's hands.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock