Started on: 01-24-2015 05:33 PM
Replies: 18 (862 views)
Last post by: LostNotForgotton on 01-29-2015 02:28 PM
dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2015 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm referring to the Alfa Romeo 4C. It's coming to the US. The $70.000 is the launch price after which it will sell for $55.000. Probably pretty close to what we always wanted the Fiero to be. Except for the price and the fact that most of us would prefer an American version.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2015 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You must have missed the Corvette thread that got moved to the O/T.

Here, I'll even quote myself from that other thread....and look I mentioned the Alfa:

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Because if you read the rules of the forum which no one ever seems to do, there is a reason why they call it General Fiero Chat and Cliff worked his ass off to edit his software to create the "Other Cars" section. The Corvette is the "Other Car". People seem to think it is cute to add a little cliche in their post about the Fiero and it makes it Fiero related. Just like those people who make multiple threads about the new Alfa Romeo......once again, not a Fiero but because they hear mid-engine, they think it's related to the Fiero.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 01-24-2015).]

CharlieHorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CharlieHorseSend a Private Message to CharlieHorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Lotus Elise has been out for a long time now, and the used ones are cheap enough. Its a Fiero made by a non-big-3 car company that has a focus and passion rather than GM's compromise culture.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with IMSA GT on this one... this isn't a discussion about Fiero's, so it doesn't belong in Fiero Chat.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-25-2015 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I certainly hope to have less than $70K in my Fiero by the time I make it a modern Fiero.

And it will actually still be a Fiero, not an Alfa or Corvette or Lotus or whatever else.

If it wasn't made by Pontiac, doesn't have a Fiero badge, and doesn't have a 1G2P (or 1G2A for 1984) VIN code, it's not a Fiero.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I started a thread that people are upset about. I am interested in all mid engine cars not just Fieros. They will never make another Fiero so I focus on the only other possibilities which include the Elise, the mid engine Corvette and the Alfa Romeo. Since it is determined that this post is not Fiero related it's fine with me if it is removed.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dratts

8373 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Sorry double post!

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 01-25-2015).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2015 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Again its not a fiero...... But I've seen the things... back in PA a dealership already has one on display just not sellable right now... once used ones become affordable. ill be grabbing one
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2015 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, you guys sure are touchy...
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2015 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I should purchase one and convert it to look like a 1988 Fiero...just for fun!
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2015 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

I certainly hope to have less than $70K in my Fiero by the time I make it a modern Fiero.

And it will actually still be a Fiero, not an Alfa or Corvette or Lotus or whatever else.

If it wasn't made by Pontiac, doesn't have a Fiero badge, and doesn't have a 1G2P (or 1G2A for 1984) VIN code, it's not a Fiero.

Where's your post about how this thread isn't about Fieros so it should be moved?
"There is an 'Other Car' Section for that"

Be consistent man, come on.

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 01-27-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2015 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I want a modern interpretation of a Fiero, I'll buy an NSX.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2015 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

I see what you mean. The old one right? Me being a tree hugger and having taken a ride in a Tesla roadster that's where I'm leaning. Now they are offering a battery upgrade that gives a 400 mile range and being a revolutionary limited production vehicle I'm predicting that it will be a very collectible car. I can't help thinking that the next Tesla roadster will be even better though with the batteries in the floorboard. I hope the new one will be as good looking as the original which I liked even more than the Elise.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2015 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going back to T/OT. Much safer over there...
Larry Nakamura

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2015 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget the Porsche BoxsterS, now with the 3.4L and 315HP.
Yeh, it's Gernam, but mid engine and alot of fun to drive. PDK shifting,
variable suspension, two trunks, etc, etc. You can get a used one for
approx 15 - 20K.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2015 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool so can we start talking about motorcycles since they are mid engine?
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-27-2015 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Cool so can we start talking about motorcycles since they are mid engine?

Technically, my truck is mid-engine too. The engine is behind the front axle and forward of the rear axle. So GMT800/900 trucks are game too right?
Larry Nakamura

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys, The thread is about a Fiero replacement. All I'm stating is that
they are both mid engine and both fun to drive.
LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

I would completely agree. I think there are definitely some similar characteristics between the 1990 Fiero Prototype and the 1991 NSX. Had the Fiero production continue I think it would have eventually transformed into a higher end car to compete with NSX sales.

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3.4 Pushrod with 7730 ECM & DIS
88 MERA #8013
85 Fiero SE with 3.1 pushrod
86 Fiero SE 2.8 stock
http://www.youtube.com/LostNotForgotton

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors