Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fieros for sale in WI, possibly with no titles for parts? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fieros for sale in WI, possibly with no titles for parts? by Rodney
Started on: 01-21-2015 05:31 AM
Replies: 70 (1653 views)
Last post by: Josh52894 on 03-15-2015 10:56 PM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received this email from a guy:

Rodney, I've contacted a couple other Fiero groups and am waiting to hear from someone who can help or is interested in the 8 Fieros my father owned.

My estranged, 'homeless' father died last Sept and he left me, as the only one of his 8 kids that had contact with him somewhat recently & who cares enough to do anything, with over 100 cars and trucks to deal with besides literal mounds of junk. In that group there are 8 Fieros, and I don't know what to do with them. I'm not looking at making a fortune on them, but just would like someone else to find some value in them instead of scrapping them. No one could ever get my dad to sell any of his vehicles, and he only tinkered with them on a rare occasion. Mostly, they sat in the yard around his mobile home, which was not on his property and had no utilities in Sheb Co. I've had the vehicles taken off that property and they are now at a salvage yard in Sheb Co. awaiting my orders, or someone to buy them. The owner of the yard is working with me, and is being very helpful and patient.
I don't really know what these cars are worth. Are they running? No. Could they run? Yes. How much work would they need? I don't know. Are they clean? Not really, but maybe sort of. 6 were stored in a barn for at least the past 6 years. I've been told there are 2 GTs amongst them. I do have pictures, but they aren't that great as the barn was dark and the conditions in the barn weren't the greatest--lots of bird and animal crap on them.
And for full disclosure, I haven't found the titles for them yet, and may never. I am in contact with the DMV and getting replacement titles is possible, but my dad may have made that a little difficult too; I won't explain why here and now. But I'm working on this situation.
What if anything could you do to help me?
What do you think I should do?
Any help would be appreciated as I live about 5 hours from Sheboygan, and don't know as much as my dad did about cars. I am a pastor of a church in MN and have enough to keep me busy here. I'm doing all of this to make sure my dad's bills get paid and no one else takes advantage of a dead man.
Thank you,
John Hodgell

His email is: johnbhodgell@gmail.com

Hopefully it is not a scam. Be careful.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's see. This guy has 8 non-running Fieros with no titles, no pics, and no history that haven't run for at least 10 years, are covered with poop, have been sitting uncared for in an unpaved lot, and with which the rodents have had their way, and which are now sitting in a junkyard where he expects money from them to pay other bills? What did he do with the other 92 cars? And he has an ”arrangement” with the junkyard owner. Hmmm. Did I miss anything? Oh, he's conveniently a pastor? Not to disparage anyone, but that part at least should be verifiable.

If I understand correctly, once the poop is removed, these will be sun-ruined, non-running cars with few usable parts, and will always have questionable ownership. Could they be made to run? Sure, but I doubt there is any wiring that could be used in the cars. These sound like the barn find that you don't want.

Wasn't there a lot of useless info in that letter? It really reads like a scam. Besides, if they're in a junkyard, why not just sell them to the junkyard owner?
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replied to his email:

Your email sounds like a scam. I'll forward it to my local police.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rodney

4715 posts
Member since Feb 2000
If you Google his email nothing comes up. That is suspicious also.

johnbhodgell@gmail.com

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rodney

4715 posts
Member since Feb 2000
Per his request I am removing some of this stuff.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

[This message has been edited by Rodney (edited 01-21-2015).]

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rodney

4715 posts
Member since Feb 2000
It may be legitimate.

Rodney

Thank you,
Rodney Dickman
www.rodneydickman.com
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax 262-835-9575

[This message has been edited by Rodney (edited 01-21-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why would he use the exact wording of the original email? Still sounds like a scam. Works the same way as the cars on oodle that are ”overseas, but military owner no longer needs them, can arrange shipping”.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He has sent me a few emails and some pictures. If anyone can post the pictures let me know and I'll forward them via email.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sheb, I take is Sheboygan? I think I'd want to know what salvage yard they're in, and contact them for verification before proceeding with anything. No funds transmitted over the wires. Transactions face-to-face only.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:
Removing this.

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rodney

4715 posts
Member since Feb 2000

Originally posted by fierofool:

Sheb, I take is Sheboygan? I think I'd want to know what salvage yard they're in, and contact them for verification before proceeding with anything. No funds transmitted over the wires. Transactions face-to-face only.

Yes Sheboygan, WI

My mom (when I was a kid) used to say it meant she boy again meaning they wanted a girl but it was a boy again.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He is a pastor. see the link.

http://www.newhopelakecity.org/staff/
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After reading that I think we ought to buy all his Fieros....

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 01-21-2015).]

Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just had an email from John, he is trying to become active so he can post more information. I've offered to post pics for him if he can get some to me. salvage yard is Lima Auto 920-467-3411 if anyone wants to stop there or talk to them about the cars.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

After reading that I think we ought to buy all his Fieros....

Sure, in person, for $50 each, with titles & bills of sale.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In response to my post, like Grantman, I received an email from Mr. Hodgell with the name, number and contact information for the storage yard. He gave us permission to post it.
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pictures. Wayne Carini would like the one car with an inch thick covering of dirt making it a true "barn find"

AutoMarshal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarshalClick Here to visit AutoMarshal's HomePageSend a Private Message to AutoMarshalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sheboygan was a Chippewa Indian word meaning “passage or waterway between the lakes.” Any 88 GT's?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMarshal:

Sheboygan was a Chippewa Indian word meaning “passage or waterway between the lakes.” Any 88 GT's?

Lake Michigan to Lake Winnebago? It still looks like a 2 mile portage..... and I don't see any 88s. They are worth more than $50 though...

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 01-21-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That black notchie, perhaps--with a title. The work required to make parts usable would cut down on any potential value. Suppose it takes $4,000 to get one running? Or, you could part one out after cleaning it up, but how much work, and what could you sell? If you spent $800 for the car and transport, worked on it for 20 hours to get some parts off & clean, then sold the parts for $1000 over the course of 2 years, then sent the car to the junk yard, I wouldn't say it was worth the effort. The cars would do better to be power washed, then parted out from where they sit.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

I have a white hood from a barn find that looked every bit as bad as this. It cleaned up with soap and water and looks like a new hood.

I see parts of cars that there aren't any full pictures of. Behind the dirt car is a black one with a luggage rack and what appears to be lace wheels, and of course the one on the right without an engine cover. The first shiny black one looks like it's been repainted from it's original red.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 01-21-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
AutoMarshal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarshalClick Here to visit AutoMarshal's HomePageSend a Private Message to AutoMarshalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Lake Michigan to Lake Winnebago? It still looks like a 2 mile portage..... and I don't see any 88s. They are worth more than $50 though...

http://www.urbandictionary....e.php?term=Sheboygan
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, you can see the red by the headlights.
8 Fieros for Sale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8 Fieros for SaleSend a Private Message to 8 Fieros for SaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am Mr. Hodgell, or Rev. Hodgell if you prefer, and not "conveniently" but by the will of God!
Let me say, I didn't not want to make my introduction to this Forum in this way; I never gave permission for my story to be published here. It is personal, painful in many ways you'll never know, and yes, so unbelievable it defies logic. That said, it is what it is, and now you know part but not all.
Anyway, if you have questions I can answer because you are interested them, you can call me at 651-380-0602 or Lima Auto at 920-467-3411 and ask for Chris, the owner, who has been an incredible find! He knew of my father and his problems, and was more than willing to help--yes, for profit and also out of a good heart. It's hard to find people like that anymore.
I am almost certain that these Fieros ran when my father bought them within the past 10 years. The 6 from the barn must have ran in order for him to arrange them as he did, and for him to pay the rental of the barn for the past 6 years. Since I don't live near them, I never had time to try to start them--and where do you start with 100+ cars anyway! (I found more by the way)
I understand the skepticism, but not the negativity (Mr. tshark). I look forward to helping you find a home for one or more of these Fieros, if you would like them.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rev. Hodgell, I mean no disrespect, but the letter reads as I said. Some went through the effort of looking you up. I read the more detailed info on your page. Sounds like a rough time.

That having been said, I am a realist. I made realistic observations. You could have put these cars up for sale yourself here, on ebay, or on craigslist. Your title, personal family issues, etc are irrelevant. They are unrelated to the sale and make it read like a scam. This is a community. No one wants anyone else to get burned. Now that you're on here, perhaps you could update us on the cars.

My observations about value and repair cost are realistic. I speak from some little experience. Some of these cars are sitting in dirt and grass; others in a barn. After even a few months, things have gone downhill.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 01-22-2015).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pictures. Wayne Carini would like the one car with an inch thick covering of dirt making it a true "barn find"

]

Grantman, Are those the photos of the 8 cars this post is about ? I feel like I've seen the ones you posted before. The filenames have 2012 in them.

Found the salvage yard, diggin the dogs !

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 01-22-2015).]

Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
these are photos sent to me by Mr. Hodgell. perhaps his dad had posted them before. perhaps someone near Lima is up to make a trip to the salvage yard to take more pics for further authentication. and if they are old pictures new ones will show current condition. I've suggested to Mr. Hodgell an inventory would help. hopefully something showing years, miles, engine, etc. but with that many cars it will take awhile and I'm expecting Fiero's are no more a priority than the 100 other cars.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've suggested to Mr. Hodgell an inventory would help. hopefully something showing years, miles, engine, etc.

That is something a Fiero guy could do in 20 minutes....but not Mr. Hodgell. He has not found the paperwork yet. I'm tempted to go look, but I am on the wrong side of the lake.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about Rodney taking a look? He's about an hour away.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget pics of each car. Ideally, side, front, rear, seats/console, dash, underbody, front compartment, & engine.
8 Fieros for Sale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8 Fieros for SaleSend a Private Message to 8 Fieros for SaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Several responses:
The pictures are mine from Oct & Nov 2014; I don't know how anyone could have seen them before, as they have never been published. The 2012 date comes from the file they are stored in for this forum; I have no control over that. The suspicion surrounding these cars continues to be surprising to me.
Inventory list: during my three visits to Sheboygan in Oct, Nov & Dec I had the time to make a cursory inventory of all 100+ vehicles, taking 1 or 2 pics of each in many cases. I regret that I did not get more of the Fieros; I don't even think I got all 8. I don't know the years, miles, engines, etc. because they were locked "for security"--my father's thinking. I have a one gallon bucket full of keys I found, and only found matches for a few dozen. I'm sure Chris at Lima Auto would be willing to give more specific info.
[u]Mr. Tshark[/u]: You raise a legitimate question about why I didn't post on this site. I had sent this Forum's moderator an email asking about using this site BEFORE I contacted Mr. Dickman; I had not heard from him when Rodney posted my PRIVATE email. That seems to be a fact that escapes your notice. I didn't write what I wrote to suit you or anyone else; I was trying to explain my unique situation. If by "no disrespect" you're apologizing for the disrespect I felt, I'll accept that. I don't doubt for a moment your realism, but that doesn't matter, because I never set an amount for the cars or claimed they were pristine. Did I?
For anyone interested in more info, please contact Lima Auto with your questions.
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8 Fieros for Sale:

Several responses:
The pictures are mine from Oct & Nov 2014; I don't know how anyone could have seen them before, as they have never been published. The 2012 date comes from the file they are stored in for . The suspicion surrounding these cars continues to be surprising to me..

John, the suspicion comes from many people in the past that have made verious claims and we don't know you. With your second post, your story is starting to sound more legit. I've seen photos of stored cars recently that reminded me of those photos.

I guess we need to start over and say, Hello and welcome to our fourm. Thank you for contacting Rodney and letting us know about the collection of Fieros and other cars your dad collected. It sounds like a huge task sorting through all the cars.

Looking forward to hearing more about the whole collection, who knows, maybe we can help you with some of them. If you have any questions on getting the cars running or any other thing, please ask. We have many that can provide help. One thing we'd love to see, if you get a chance, under the front hood, and the driver side inner fender, we'd love to see photo's of the build sticker. By that, we can tell exactly what each car left the factory with.

Thanks again for contacting us.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 01-22-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure Cliff has his reasons. He's always been reasonable with me.

Rodney and others sometimes share communication with the community. I would guess that he used the email address you provided. I wouldn't want to be the intermediary.

If the weather was better, Lima Auto could possibly have been a meet site. With some washing, we'd have a better idea what's what. A few Fiero guys would go through this lot quickly, keys or no keys.

No one wants a Fiero's story to end. No, you didn't state a price, and the condition is apparent from the pictures. People have reported getting as much as $400 from the junkyard for their car. Personally, I've never seen more than $100. Still, if someone paid $200 for a car, then probably a fee to the yard, then transport, yes, the $ would add up quickly. No one wants to profit at your expense, but I don't want anyone to buy a cheap Fiero, and it become a money pit they hate, and this be that person's experience with Fieros. For those looking for a challenge, this may be their opportunity.
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I'm sure Cliff has his reasons. He's always been reasonable with me.

Who is the "Cliff" to whom you refer?

I find no specific previous reference to any "Cliff" on this thread, nor to any of "his reasons" to which you've alluded.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8 Fieros for Sale:
... I had sent this Forum's moderator an email asking about using this site BEFORE I contacted Mr. Dickman; ...

I was responding to this. Cliff is the moderator for this forum.

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney and Mr Pastor, don't forget you can get bonded titles for these and the title is based off the value and stands for 1 year then becomes clear title. You just need to take paperwork from Fathers death, vin numbers and other car facts to a title bonding company.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In Texas a junk vehicle without a title is worthless. No reputable scrap dealer will touch it.

Yes you can get a bonded title but that will cost ~200, not worth it for a junk vehicle, maybe an 88 or an Indy if you plan to restore it. But if you intend to scrap a titleless car be prepared for a felony conviction for Grand Theft Auto. Not worth it in my opinion. I won't touch any car without a title.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2015 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

In Texas a junk vehicle without a title is worthless. No reputable scrap dealer will touch it.

If this were true, there would be giant piles of undocumented old cars in Texas that nobody could touch. Automotive recyclers have a way to 'scrap' any hunk of metal without paying $200. What they cannot do is sell any major components (frame) to JScott or any other private party for re-use.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 01-23-2015).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2015 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rev. Hodgell, welcome to the forum!

It is sad that we live in a world where people have to be so skeptical, but we do. There are so many scams out there these days, and most involve someone in a bad situation, that has had some sort of loss, and then wants to sell something.

Just last week there was a post just like this here on this very forum. It was a mother who's son was hit and killed by a drunk driver. He was on the way home in his fiance's car to visit his 10 year old brother. She was being forced to move, and needed to sell the car at below cost. Someone on here recognized the pictures of the car, and tied it to another very similar scam in the past.
Here is the link to the entire post

It is horribly unfortunate that your initial story read as a perfectly planned scam. That being said, I am sorry for your loss, and please accept out apologies. Our initial disbelief was done out of an abundance of caution.

I wish you the best with the huge task at hand of having to deal with 100 cars, and that things start to brighten up for you.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-23-2015).]

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2015 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nicely said John. Rev Hodgell, I wish a lot of the forum members here where closer to the location of these cars and could help you sort thru and evaluate what you have to sell at a fair price. Everyone on this site is very passionate about theses cars and would love to help in any way we can. Wish you luck, Davy

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 01-23-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock