1986 4cyl alternator belt replacement by mrsp33dy
Started on: 01-16-2015 01:58 AM
Replies: 3 (263 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 01-16-2015 10:47 AM
mrsp33dy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrsp33dySend a Private Message to mrsp33dyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So there are 2 belts on the passenger side of the engine. one for the alt and water pump. the other for the ac, and waterpump. in order to replace the alternator belt do i need to remove both belts? if so how do i go about that..
Thanks
Sam
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep you do. The AC compressor can be loosened in a similar way the alt can. You loosen the bolts then it tilts as the bolt slides in a slot so the belt can slide off. In my experience you may need to go/reach under the car to get to one of the AC bolts.
mrsp33dy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrsp33dySend a Private Message to mrsp33dyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, thanks! thats all i needed to know! i have access to a lift too so it shoudnt be too bad.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, you will figure it out when you look at it. It is pretty easy. Alternator is the pensioner as is the AC compressor. Just move these to adjust. Don't over tighten the Alt. belt as it is easy to do. This will just cause more wear on the bearings.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 01-16-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock