Started on: 01-15-2015 10:25 AM
Replies: 24 (957 views)
Last post by: OHNIKO on 06-03-2015 02:32 PM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just received notice of the current closeout list for Fiero items. The links are for an 86 and an 88, so that should cover just about all years.

Wholesaler closeouts for your 1988 PONTIAC FIERO:
http://www.rockauto.com/RSS...&m=wc&l=en&html=true

Wholesaler closeouts for your 1986 PONTIAC FIERO:
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy cow! Quite a list! And it has things I may need someday on it. Too bad you can't just click to get to the products.
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey quick question for you manual tranny guys. At some point I do plan to swap my auto to a F23/F40 tranny. Would it be worthwhile to go ahead and get a slave cylinder from the list while they're on sale? Which would work the best?

Thank you!
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2015 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbo86se:

Hey quick question for you manual tranny guys. At some point I do plan to swap my auto to a F23/F40 tranny. Would it be worthwhile to go ahead and get a slave cylinder from the list while they're on sale? Which would work the best?

Thank you!

The F23/F40 use an internal slave combined with the throwout bearing. A Fiero slave cylinder will be totally useless for them. Unless the one on the trans you buy is blown out, rusted on the steel parts, or damaged otherwise, you probably won't need to buy one.
turbo86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

The F23/F40 use an internal slave combined with the throwout bearing. A Fiero slave cylinder will be totally useless for them. Unless the one on the trans you buy is blown out, rusted on the steel parts, or damaged otherwise, you probably won't need to buy one.

Awesome thank you! Anything special I should look out for?
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbo86se:

Awesome thank you! Anything special I should look out for?

For the F23/F40 swap? Neither of them are direct bolt-in swaps. The F23 requires less custom fabrication work than the F40, but still requires quite a bit of work to install.

As for the RockAuto clearance on Fiero parts, buy whatever you need for the stock Fiero to keep it in good running order.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When is the sale over?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the prices are good until the last of the item is sold. There was no end date on the notice I got.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I mentioned this before but it is ironic how JessaRockAuto was banned from here for spamming and now they are getting rid of all of the Fiero parts.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They actually have clearance sales on parts for all vehicles, not just Fieros. As I mentioned elsewhere, they have the Moog rear spindles that many of us bought on a previous clearance sale early last year. All were sold, but they have them on clearance again.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

They actually have clearance sales on parts for all vehicles, not just Fieros. As I mentioned elsewhere, they have the Moog rear spindles that many of us bought on a previous clearance sale early last year. All were sold, but they have them on clearance again.

Ahh, ok.

Someone had mentioned in the past that they were eliminating all Fiero parts and not carrying them anymore.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 01-15-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's very possible they are. Without some of us being on the inside, we'll never know so it may be good just to stock up on some of those regular maintenance or hard to find items that are common only to the Fiero just in case they do drop them. In general, Fieros have held up very well on most parts. I'm still running all original hoses on my 3 Fieros and my brother's Fiero. I believe 3 or 4 other Fieros I've had also had original hoses, and other items. Most replacement parts needed have been mechanical items.
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rockauto buys inventory from all over the place ("wholesaler closeout") and I think after consolidating inventories and testing sales patterns they come up with lists of surplus stuff that they don't want to store. I've kept links to their closeouts for many, many years and I own cars *way* weirder than FIeros. I've been checking Merkur XR4Ti closeouts for six years.... they still have XR parts in main inventory.
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thesameguy

1536 posts
Member since Dec 2012

Originally posted by fierofool:

Hmmm... this seems like a good idea. Do I remember reading correctly that '88 rear bearings are sometimes hard to find?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That may have been referring to the front assembly.
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, then I'm not going to sweat it. My front half is '87.
fieromatty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems like the parts are all coming from one of their warehouses. I think they are just closing one of the wearhouses.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They have another clearance of Fiero parts going on.

Wholesaler closeouts for your 1986 PONTIAC FIERO:

Wholesaler closeouts for your 1988 PONTIAC FIERO:
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do I get on the list for close outs so Rockauto would notify me?
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would not get in a panic here as most of these are common GM parts that work on the Fiero and many other cars too.

I suspect they are just running a sale here and if they are not many other places will continue to carry these parts.

The term closeout is often used to stimulate sales if they are not meeting expectations. This is the time of year when they make most of their money and they may not be meeting their numbers and just applied closeout to the sale.

Note too that Harbor Freight uses the term closeout often but yet they always have the same stuff.

One other option is that these are just old part numbers too in many cases replaces with new numbers.

I would not go on a buying binge here unless you really need something.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Manufacturer: WAGNER
Part No: H6054
Notes: High Beam and Low Beam

Regular Price: $6.25
Closeout Price: $3.83
SAVE 39%

Wouldn't hurt picking up a few of these.
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

How do I get on the list for close outs so Rockauto would notify me?

Go to RockAuto.Com and in the left column there's a Newsletter tab. Click on that and sign up. You will receive frequent notices of sales and specials. In my case, I purchased items and clicked on the notification preference for the 86 and 88 Fieros.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been on the newsletter list for a long time but only randomly receive it. I think it is suppose to be a monthly newsletter.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is copied from my notification that contained the above links.

We regularly add new wholesaler closeout parts to the RockAuto catalog. We will send an update email like this one, covering up to three of your vehicles, at most once every three months. To be notified immediately when a closeout part for your vehicle is added to our catalog, sign up for our RSS feed by clicking an RSS icon in our catalog.
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if anyone is worried, go ahead & set up a rock auto acnt & set up your fiero in there; if they run any reports & see an increase in fiero potential demand, they'll
hopefully keep fiero parts in inventory/available much longer for us.

power in numbers!

(they do have our PFF listed in their car club links section btw)

Keep Calm & Fiero on (hey, a t-shirt idea! anyone?)

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 06-03-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock