Spacecoast, FL & area Members by Ponti88GT
Started on: 12-15-2014 11:06 PM
Replies: 14 (597 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 12-31-2014 09:21 PM
Ponti88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ponti88GTSend a Private Message to Ponti88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I know a few members are around this area and I am seeing if anyone would wanna give me a hand with modifying my rear hatch. I am getting done with putting the car back together, but could use a hand with some ideas and tips for notching the deck and finishing up the car. As you can see I already notched out the deck lid before just a little to fit the first swap. West coast fiero mounts.

Oh, its an 88 GT T-top original that I had a stock 3800 series III swap done, then I sold my GTP so I took the go fast parts ae intercooler, cam, built trasmission, throttle body and the works and put them into the fiero. Now I have a much faster fiero and wanna finish this thing up, but would love to have some experienced or some help from others that have done it or can modify and fabricate parts etc.

Thanks again. I'm in Viera/Rockledge area off 95 and viera blvd.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2014 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live right up the street from you. You're certainly welcome to see how mine was modified. Send me a PM.
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2014 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://spacecoastfieros.com/

We do have periodic tech sessions to work on Fieros.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2014 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, the WCF mounts position the drivetrain way too high on the cradle.
Ponti88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2014 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ponti88GTSend a Private Message to Ponti88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I kinda figured that out when it went into the car, but they are great quality and easy to use. Not too much choice with deck clearance anyway you look at it with a full stack 3 inch intercooler. Just wanna make the cut presentable and finish up the fiberglass work with paint. I cannot wait for it to be all done and drive it to space coast fiero meets! It was a blast in Minnesota and I'm sure it won't dissapoint here in florida.
animal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2014 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live off Wickham Rd one light past the zoo (Murrrell Rd). You're welcome to come check out the way I did mine anytime - I had to slot the deck lid for the plenum to clear on my 87 GT with a Ramjet 350. Drop me a pm and I'll give you my number.

[This message has been edited by animal (edited 12-17-2014).]

Ponti88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ponti88GTSend a Private Message to Ponti88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See I knew there was more fiero drivers around town! It's awesome and looking forward to meeting people. Pm sent.
Pappy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might get a stronger response here

http://www.centralfloridafi....com/forum/index.php

Just sayin
Ponti88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2014 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ponti88GTSend a Private Message to Ponti88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh I know. Lol I will go there too now. When are we gonna meet up so I can see your car. I notched out the trunk deck tonight so I can hopefully start driving my car soon. Thanks for the help guys.

Phil
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2014 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures of the notch trimming please. I'm curious how much you had to remove.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2014 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Pictures of the notch trimming please. I'm curious how much you had to remove.

That would be interesting.

Luckily, mine did not have to be cut
PFF
System Bot
Ponti88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2014 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ponti88GTSend a Private Message to Ponti88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to get the hood chopped and it is fitting the supercharger snout and throttle body side, I say chopped cause I need to clean it up a lot and do fiberglass eventually. Rpro's car had it modified nicely and finished, you can't even tell that it was modified. I am going to need to fabricate a new or improved throttle body bracket now cause of clearance too. I dont want to cut more even though it probably wont hurt. Here it is. Oh and I cant wait to be done with this so I can drive her again!!!

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That setup is rather high. It's the first time I've seen the deck lid cut because of the intake

Ponti88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ponti88GTSend a Private Message to Ponti88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know I haven't seen many others have to cut a notch for the intake but the northstar v8 throttle body sits higher next to the blower. Oh well. Now if I can just figure out the TB bracket to make it easier to run and get more clearance. Does anyone use a longer throttle body cable to have more room for getting the turn?
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I managed to get a 3800 SC Series III with an intercooler and N* TV in an 88 Mera without any cuts at all. However, I think that the rear deck lid on a Mera is a bit higher than a stock Fiero and some custom low mounts were used.

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock