Rare 1988 FIero Formula by FIERO JOHN-WI
Started on: 12-11-2014 03:13 PM
Replies: 17 (1186 views)
Last post by: josef644 on 12-15-2014 05:24 PM
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It could be RARE or NOT, let's talk. It is very rare to find a rare color combination when iit comes to the fiero, BUT NEVER SAY NEVER. Anyway here is a link to a 1988 Yellow Fiero Formula, but with a beechwood interior. The vin# falls in line with yellow production using 88 databases guy 88 vin list, but the interior? Would someone change it all to rare beechwood (which they would have to find another formula or base coupe for the seats in that color is hard), and why is the steering wheel gray, not beechwood?? Hmmmmmm what do you guys think, someone want to call and ask the dealer to take a picture of the RPO codes then we would know. Or does someone live near by??
Just a new topic to talk about.

http://seattle.craigslist.o.../ctd/4797661570.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looked at the web site and they have front and rear compartment pics.
It looks to me like a repaint as I THINK I can see yellow overspray.

What do you think?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LED sidemarkers, aftermarket floormats, black wing, big washer holding the molding by thr drivers seatbelt. looks like a pretty good condition car though.
Did beechwood interior Fieros have beechwood steering wheels?
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has 0 miles..... that's pretty rare.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure I've ever seen a Formula with a tan interior.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The yellow looks too bright.
The ad says older paint, I bet it has been repainted.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 12-11-2014).]

wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The odometer reads 126k. Can't be original paint. Looks clean though.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wayneman

188 posts
Member since Jun 2014
Or maybe 26k…hard to see on my laptop
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drove one similar to it, but the guy only wanted $2500 so I think it's a bit over priced. The one I drove had 120,000 miles and this one looks like 126,000.

This was a 5 speed that was VERY smooth and fluent, it also had tinted windows. Apparently, it was resprayed but it looks correct, even the FORMULA looked perfect.

As far as the spoiler being colored, it could easily be sprayed that way, if it came from the factory than that is very unique.
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
Did beechwood interior Fieros have beechwood steering wheels?

Yes, beechwood interiors should have beechwood steering wheels. And shift knobs. And I think window cranks as well. Also, it looks like the overhead lamp block is gray so someone has definitely messed with the interior some. Not sure if it was as extensive as an entire swap, but clearly there are some things non-stock one way or another.

It's got a Jet City Fieros sticker on the window... Someone in the club probably has some history on that car.

sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FTF Engineering:

Yes, beechwood interiors should have beechwood steering wheels. And shift knobs. And I think window cranks as well. Also, it looks like the overhead lamp block is gray so someone has definitely messed with the interior some. Not sure if it was as extensive as an entire swap, but clearly there are some things non-stock one way or another.

It's got a Jet City Fieros sticker on the window... Someone in the club probably has some history on that car.

Be nice guys. I know the owner in the club and this is a well taken car of car. He's a great Fiero mechanic and this Formula has been on several runs. As for the black spoiler, I think it's just a black Fiero spoiler swap.
He sold a Jalapeno last year and I think is selling this one to make more room (marital orders). LOL
Other than the paint peeling on the gas ring, it's in good condition.

PFF
System Bot
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So is it the original color yellow and is that the original interior?? Would like to see the rpo code if it isn't any trouble, I'm not knocking the car, it's just a rare color combo just want to know is it original.
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not knocking it either. It looks like it's in great shape.

There's just a couple colors that aren't stock here and there which makes it harder to figure out which way it came from the factory.
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Last I recall, Bill had it on consignment with a local lot so this has to be it. Found a photo of it when we went on a run in July. I believe it to be original paint and it's been on multiple runs across hot Eastern WA summers so it isn't overheating. In Seattle there isn't much sun to scorch paint so it looked original to me. Is there some chips and clearcoat scratches? Most likely. Bill has a lift in his garage and he and another member were always contributing to the group newsletter by stuff he fixed on this Formula. I never recall this Formula needing oil, coolant on runs and I never saw this engine blow any smoke on startup, hard to start cold or hot, or have any weird odors when driving behind on runs.

It would be a clean formula underbody especially since Seattle doesn't use salt on winter roads. The price is a starting price can always counter offer. Good luck to anyone wanting a solid formula.

kriswinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An older listing for the same vehicle. Note the grey interior. No need to check RPOs.

http://www.cars4sale.pro/de...ginal-Yellow-Formula
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 88 GT has beechwood and the steering wheel is beechwood leather wrapped. The formulas came with a different steering wheel, and i've red all Yellow fieros came with grey interior as an option only. this is pretty rare combo
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

88White3.4GT

1604 posts
Member since Dec 2003

Originally posted by kriswinner:

An older listing for the same vehicle. Note the grey interior. No need to check RPOs.

http://www.cars4sale.pro/de...ginal-Yellow-Formula

well there you go, that solves it.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purcahsed most of the beechwood pieces in the mall over a year and a half. When I had all pieces I converted mine. I resprayed a perfect tan dash and the speedo pieces. Wasn't to hard to do.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock