fiero dino 308 gt4 by FierowagenE36
Started on: 12-07-2014 03:39 PM
Replies: 8 (691 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 12-11-2014 05:29 PM
FierowagenE36

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2014 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierowagenE36Send a Private Message to FierowagenE36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[img]Ladies and gents, I think I may have stumbled into building a fairly rare, potentially the only, dino 308 gt4 replica. I began by wanting to modify my recently purchased 1988 fiero notchback. I didnt start off wanting a replica, but as I began flaring the fender, modifying the tail lights, and interior, I looked to my favorite cars for inspiration. As I browsed through photos on the web, the dino gt4 was mixed in amongst more popular 308's, and I slowly fell in love. The history of the car, its sharp lines, and even the root of its "Dino" name, all drew me in. As an amateur, I felt the later 308's presented too much of a challenge for me to build from scratch. I love those later 308's, and I intend to build a custom version one day, or possibly a 288 GTO.
I digress. I purchased the car as a shell with title for $100, saving it from the scrap yard. I have since purchased the '88 front suspension($300), transaxle(auto/$75), and hood(didn't come with shell$75), from the same individual. I found a 1984 four cylinder "Iron Duke" with 51k miles on it, from a fellow enthusiast doing a supercharged V6 upgrade, for $225. I had the benefit of hearing and seeing it run prior to it being pulled. I am working on the fenders and interior right now, and I will be onto the mechanics next, as I started with what I had at the time, the shell. Im headed outside now, to get some photos to post. I have benefited greatly from other build threads, and for that reason I want to get my build documented, once I discovered its purpose, so that others may enjoy!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 288 is what I'd do, it looks amazing.

But I like different too, and the 308 Gt4 is that.

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds like a V6
FierowagenE36

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2014 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierowagenE36Send a Private Message to FierowagenE36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the support! It is different, and I have to admit, I'll have help from a pro body shop. The owner and I are swapping work, and he does beautiful work. He's done kit cars and custom cars before. I have some pics of what it is now, so the transformation will be most notable. Of course, I will be making small modifications to some areas(rear tail lights for one) and this will be a two seat version. I intend to modify the engine modestly, and the interior is going to be more like a 308 gts.

[This message has been edited by FierowagenE36 (edited 12-09-2014).]

FierowagenE36

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2014 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierowagenE36Send a Private Message to FierowagenE36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FierowagenE36

11 posts
Member since Oct 2014
Im still learning how to make the photos appear optimally, bare with me...

The Dino 308 GT4 is actually a transversely mounted V8, mine will start off as a 4 cylinder until budget allows otherwise.

[This message has been edited by FierowagenE36 (edited 12-09-2014).]

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2014 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can try this:
https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

Haven't tried it personally, but was suggested by another member in another thread, and looks to me like it should work, at least for windows applications.

I use Corel photo-paint myself.

Looking forward to seeing your progress on this project, so hope you find a suitable method for re-sizing the pics.

HAGO!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...BUT 4 seats is what makes it a GT-4. Your making a GT-2

Possibly an older Mercury Capri tail light would work. The GT-4 had rectangular tail lights vs the 308 GTB/GTS had the round ones. You might also make up a set using rectangular RV tail lites grouped together.
FierowagenE36

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierowagenE36Send a Private Message to FierowagenE36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good point on the gt4, I meant to note earlier that the major difference will be the seats. Im going to trim the interior piece that covers the back of the cab to mimic the seat pattern of the gt4. As for the lights. Im open to opinions on the tail lights. Im not real found of the gt4 tail lights, if the rest of the vehicle is true to form, would updated tail lights be a con? Looking forward to y'all responding, thanks everyone!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierowagenE36:

Good point on the gt4, I meant to note earlier that the major difference will be the seats. Im going to trim the interior piece that covers the back of the cab to mimic the seat pattern of the gt4. As for the lights. Im open to opinions on the tail lights. Im not real found of the gt4 tail lights, if the rest of the vehicle is true to form, would updated tail lights be a con? Looking forward to y'all responding, thanks everyone!

The car will pretty much be for your taste so if you like it do it. Ferrari enthusiasts will probably not be into a Fiero replica anyway.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock