Quick! Favorite outdoor car cover? by crazyred84
Started on: 11-26-2014 11:37 PM
Replies: 6 (313 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 12-10-2014 12:48 PM
crazyred84

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2014 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyred84Send a Private Message to crazyred84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, I found out that my deployment I'm about to head out on just got bumped up 2 weeks. I don't have anyone/anywhere to store my car for the next couple months, other than the parking lot at my dorms on base. I do have someone to go start her every once in a while and take her around the parking lot. I want to get a good car cover for her, but I'm in a hurry. I'll probably have to order it by Monday to get it in time. What cover's are you guys using?

Thanks!
CrazyRed84
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2014 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you going to get ice, rain and freezing temps? If so, I wouldn't cover it. The water can get under the cover and freeze the cover to car.
crazyred84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2014 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyred84Send a Private Message to crazyred84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm down in Oklahoma City. I was only here for half the winter last year and other than freezing temps I don't recall much ice, maybe a little.

Any more votes for just leaving it uncovered for the winter?

CrazyRed84
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2014 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Outside-uncovered or inside-covered.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2014 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Evolution
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2014 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
California Car Cover , Superweave •Ultimate Outdoor Protection •Blocks 99% of Ultraviolet Rays •Small Enough to Be Cleaned at Home •4 Year Warranty

Lightweight, leaves no marks, water beads up, runs right off. After a nights worth of rain, the cover dries in a 1/2 hour. It's the best cover I found for my needs. The warranty works great, I found a small tear in one of the covers I had, the company said, send a check for $14 bucks to cover shipping, and they sent me a whole new cover. They said they would do the same if it happend again for the length of the warranty. They stand behind their product.

I tried one cover, it was blue, had Kimberly-Clark 4 layer, can't remember the name, When it was new, was waterproof, water would bead up, after 6 months, wasn't as waterproof, would just absorb the water and become a wet cover that took hours to dry. It left marks on the paint, was a heavy cover, only lasted two years, then started to rip in verious places, very disappointed, was supposed to be the best cover made. The intence Florida sun was to much for it.

Good luck on your search

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 11-27-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Superweave from Cal Car Covers is the ONLY cover I buy after trying them all. Car uncovered is exactly as I left it even after setting out all winter. I had one on 3 different cars. Like he said above all the others left the car dirtier and wetter than if I covered it with beach towels. They fold up and fit in a briefcase too.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock