Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  If you guys could have anything new reproduced for the Fiero, what would it be?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
If you guys could have anything new reproduced for the Fiero, what would it be? by TrentSuncloud
Started on: 11-20-2014 03:49 PM
Replies: 22 (490 views)
Last post by: JJFieroFan on 11-21-2014 10:05 PM
TrentSuncloud

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrentSuncloudSend a Private Message to TrentSuncloudEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm talking about highly sought after parts of the car that aren't produced anymore, if any.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tail Light lenses and center console skeleton.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fastback rear quarter windows and taillights will get a lot of votes.

New center console skeletons will also.

EDIT - I think we typed that at the same time!

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 11-20-2014).]

TrentSuncloud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrentSuncloudSend a Private Message to TrentSuncloudEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a market for the console skeletons? I may be able to help with that one haha, I had a feeling someone might say it, and I might have someone who could produce the molds for it if there is enough interested.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TrentSuncloud:

There's a market for the console skeletons? I may be able to help with that one haha, I had a feeling someone might say it, and I might have someone who could produce the molds for it if there is enough interested.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/092166-5.html
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtlt1

1006 posts
Member since Jul 2012
IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What they said.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Airbag...LOL, no but seriously!
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some of the vinyl items--center console, gauge covers--the sun tears them up
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 03-19-2015).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

How many dozen times had this been asked?

uummmm around 1.5K times

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

PFF
System Bot
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those of us who've been around the Fiero scene a while, this question is pretty easy to answer.

Now that our "lowly" Fiero has become a classic by definition, values are steadily going up... as is the need for quality, unmolested OEM and reproduction parts. People are starting to restore these cars and treating them with some MUCH overdue respect. The Fiero is beginning it's transition into the next phase of being a true classic, just like the Fox-Body Mustang resto-mod craze that's about to happen (like it or not).

The Fiero parts that need to be reproduced can be very profitable if the quality level is high and the price is acceptable... GT tail lights, sail panels, body and interior panels/trim, dash, center console skeleton, etc... anything really... there are some good aftermarket options already out there, but as far as hardcore OEM quality reproduction parts, very few. We've got a ways to go before we have a somewhat saturated/sustainable Fiero restoration market to play with.

...but we're getting there. As the value of our cars slowly goes up, so will the demand for the parts we can't find.

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 11-21-2014).]

canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that our "lowly" Fiero has become a classic by definition, values are steadily going up... as is the need for quality, unmolested OEM and reproduction parts. People are starting to restore these cars and treating them with some MUCH overdue respect. The Fiero is beginning it's transition into the next phase of being a true classic, just like the Fox-Body Mustang resto-mod craze that's about to happen (like it or not).
I agree with the above as stated by ITALGT.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-21-2014 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Fiero.

Might as well have the whole thing, if we're going to dream, eh?
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

A Fiero.

Might as well have the whole thing, if we're going to dream, eh?

All we need is a 3D printer that's big enough.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Parachute pants...
Angellightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AngellightningSend a Private Message to AngellightningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Complete and identical to OEM Indy interior kit.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Recall weather strip,and clips
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The prototype gauge cluster and dash...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought Fiero Store had sail panels for the GT???

I vote for TAIL LIGHT LENSES! We really really need tail light lenses.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Though not OEM quality reproductions, most things on the Fiero can be replaced. Soft items can be glued and/or re-covered. Seat covers are available from a number of vendors. Dash replacement kits and steering wheels can be replaced or re-covered. There are aftermarket tail light panels available that will serve the purpose. All these things will keep the Fiero neat and streetable.

The major things I see that need to be duplicated are the console skeleton and the limiter switch and the Isolator relay for the Generation 1 headlights. There is just no substitute out there for either of these items. I know! They should be replaced with Generation 2 motors. Well, there's just not enough Generation 2 systems out there to convert every 84-86 Fiero over when the Generation 1 brushes detach from the spring arms.

Sure, there are flushmount systems, too, but not everyone can afford a $400-$600 set of headlights, nor even a $200 set just because 1 limiter switch bit the dust. The Isolation Relay function has been duplicated by one or two PFF'ers but nothing has been produced for the community. It would be really sinful for someone to have to scrap their Fiero for lack of a relay that originally sold for less than $50 or a limiter switch that was probably less than $100 at most.

There are aftermarket consoles available, but I don't know if they require the original skeleton for installation, but probably a console could be produced that would incorporate fastener points and retain the original style or even modernize the interior a bit.
PFF
System Bot
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Though not OEM quality reproductions, most things on the Fiero can be replaced. Soft items can be glued and/or re-covered. Seat covers are available from a number of vendors. Dash replacement kits and steering wheels can be replaced or re-covered. There are aftermarket tail light panels available that will serve the purpose. All these things will keep the Fiero neat and streetable.

That pretty much sums it up, really. One trip to the FieroStore.com website will confirm that there are some really good reproduction parts readily available. A lot of them may not be 100% OEM correct, but look/fit/function almost exactly the same and are more than satisfactory for the average Fiero owner/enthusiast.

There are definitely a few holes to fill though... I think that's why this thread was started in the first place.

Recently there was a thread started about the value of fastback GT tail lights... I'm still stunned to find out that really nice factory original units are being sold for so much money (up to $1K? REALLY???). I just bought a decent '86 Fiero GT for a daily driver, and it has factory tail lights in unbelievably awesome condition. What are they really worth? According to some, they are worth up to half the money I paid for the entire car! But that's not the point... the point is, high quality reproductions will sell fast so long as they are priced realistically and are readily available.

Although discussed a few billion times, I think this is a subject that is slowly gaining in importance as our cars age and shift into the classic car department.

May the discussion continue.

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 11-22-2014).]

JJFieroFan

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Power mirror switch, plug wires, steering wheel gt leather,

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock