Tail Light Lenses Prices ? by fierogtlt1
Started on: 11-16-2014 01:11 PM
Replies: 20 (956 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 11-25-2014 10:27 AM
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2014 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to ask everyone about how much brand new fastback tail light lenses be worth?
Thank You in advance.

------------------
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092166.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2014 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are worth however much someone will pay you for them.

Given how difficult they are to find, and that no more have been made for quite some time, though, they are $$$.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2014 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have pics it would be easier to evaluate ..... fastback tails are expensive ... are they fierostore repos or oem ? right now NEW tails should fetch between 750 to 1000 I have a pair NIB OEM not letting them go gor under 1200 to 1400 .... I also have another pair that are undelaminated and no cracks that will be on Ebay next week that have Full LEDs (doublec4 kit) including reverse LEDs starting price will be 1100$

regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2014 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

are they fierostore repos or oem ?

Fiero Store makes GT tail light lenses???

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2014 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

Fiero Store makes GT tail light lenses???

Made ... past tense ... yep till they lost the OEM molds !!
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2014 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOST THE MOLDS!?!?!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2014 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My understanding of this is that TFS had a company make them with Pontiac OEM original molds ..... then the manufacturer went bankrupt or simply closed and the molds were lost ..... maybe we could get the fiero store to comment this and tell us the name of this company that skrewed them over
Danyel
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2014 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There must be a way or contact info to find the molds or / and equipment that
made these taillights. That was the only "gold break" to have the fiero store make
the batch they did produce, ever.

If they are somewhere, there is a chance.

If they are destroyed, then we're screwed.

------------------

fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If someone could just make a completely clear lens and let people paint their own, they would make some money.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a pair NIB OEM not letting them go gor under 1200 to 1400 .... I also have another pair that are undelaminated and no cracks that will be on Ebay next week that have Full LEDs (doublec4 kit) including reverse LEDs starting price will be 1100$

Oh my. Best of luck.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you think $500 for brand new lenses is a good price point?
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

Post pics here and we can help you ..... are these OEM or Fierostore Repros ?? Alot of the repros had defects in the lettering which may affect price. If these are OEMs I would start at around 700$ and put them on Ebay .....you'll be suprised.
GLWS
Danyel

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

From what I've seen 500 would sell fairly quick if they get seen.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Oh my. Best of luck.

These are what I will be selling (No cracks or delamination)

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look really nice!.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Post pics here and we can help you ..... are these OEM or Fierostore Repros ?? Alot of the repros had defects in the lettering which may affect price. If these are OEMs I would start at around 700$ and put them on Ebay .....you'll be suprised.
GLWS
Danyel

I suppose it depends upon how many you want to sell.
For $400 a pair, I probably would buy a pair. (Thinking about the Fiero Store "unblemished" replacements. They had some at one time.)
For repros, probably not. But it depends. Especially if I had to do more to them before installing them. (But then, my car is far from stock, and far from spotless.)

At Danyel's prices, you might sell a few. At a more reasonable price, you'll probably sell a bunch more. I guess it depends upon how many you want to reproduce, where your "break even" point is, and/or how much of a killing you want to make off of the pieces that you do sell.

Edit - Keep in mind that I am "that guy" who sold a T-top Formula because I was unwilling to get raped for the cost of replacement parts.
------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-18-2014).]

NeoNot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NeoNotSend a Private Message to NeoNotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not trying to hi-jack your thread but have a couple of questions about the Fiero Store repo's.

If memory serves me correctly the TFS repo's where only the lens itself. I was looking at a set of cracked lights the other day and was wondering how the old lens was removed and the new lens installed?
Has anyone replaced their lens with a TFS that can explain the process?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NeoNot:

Not trying to hi-jack your thread but have a couple of questions about the Fiero Store repo's.

If memory serves me correctly the TFS repo's where only the lens itself. I was looking at a set of cracked lights the other day and was wondering how the old lens was removed and the new lens installed?
Has anyone replaced their lens with a TFS that can explain the process?

If you look at my video you will notice my tail lights are full LEDs with OEM lenses. To insert the LED kits the assemblies had to be takin apart. there are V shape tabs that lock the lenses on and also ALOT of black silicon type gook sealing the lenses on. I will suggest to you to do this seperation once the tails are room temperature to help in releasing the seal gook. Whenn cold the gook is harder. I used a hairdryer to warm the lenses around the seal. I used a flat plastic card to insert in between the V shape tab and the rear assembly. If you try to pry up on the tabs they will definately snap off. The plastic card used to insert between the two was a cut out piece of plastic from a 5 gallon plastic bucket. I pushed them in between using a pair of needle nose pliers. Once all tabs have the plastic card inserted in between the lock tabs I used the hair dryer to heat the seal makin it easier to seperate.... will post pics later ..... take your time or else you'll snap the locks .....

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

You can see the six V shaped lock tabs (Arrows)

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-21-2014).]

NeoNot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2014 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NeoNotSend a Private Message to NeoNotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel,

Thank you for the reply.
What do you use to reseal the lense with?
I have a lense laying around here that I am going to try a few products on but it wont matter what the out come is if they can't be resealed to the housing they came off of.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2014 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NeoNot:

Danyel,

Thank you for the reply.
What do you use to reseal the lense with?
I have a lense laying around here that I am going to try a few products on but it wont matter what the out come is if they can't be resealed to the housing they came off of.

I have used Butyl sealant such as this: http://bit.ly/11sKxxf
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock